• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Nyquist Getting the call

Rate this topic

If I understand this correctly. If he is up for more then 2 games (which he obviously will be) then he can never be sent down again without having to go through waivers ?

I was thinking the same.

When Dekeyser becomes healthy, how will they clear space to bring him up?

After hearing that from Holland from his interview with Matt Dery, I've totally lost any hope that Holland is the guy to move this team into the next phase. Thanks for what he's done, but time to move on to someone who can change with the times.

He said that in response to Tomas Jurco possibly being called up, and yes if Jurco comes up to the NHL tomorrow, he will certainly be a boy among men.

Guest Crymson

If I understand this correctly. If he is up for more then 2 games (which he obviously will be) then he can never be sent down again without having to go through waivers ?

Not more than two games. Two games, period.

After hearing that from Holland from his interview with Matt Dery, I've totally lost any hope that Holland is the guy to move this team into the next phase. Thanks for what he's done, but time to move on to someone who can change with the times.

It's been said that hockey is a young man's game, and if you look back at some of the great teams and Stanley Cup winners in years past most of the cores of those teams were young and/or in their prime(our '02 Cup winner notwithstanding).

The Oilers dynasty in the '80s featured a bunch of young players and, today, with the Hawks being the closest thing to a dynasty, their Cup winning roster from last year boasted all of 1 player 35 or over(he was 35), and almost every one else was 30 or under. Players are developing faster than they used to and many other teams have successfully integrated these players and put together solid, speedy teams(some of which that have skated circles around us this year).

So yeah, it boggles my mind that Holland thinks we still need a bunch of 35 and over players getting all the roster spots and ice time over younger, faster, hungrier players. I think his view of needing a vet-heavy roster is becoming antiquated and invalid, and if he doesn't come around to a new way of thinking, we're in for some looong seasons.

How much longer does he think Pav and Z can carry the team for, anyway?

I think we will see Andersson moved next if we can't make the cap work - despite Cleary having zero on-ice contribution to the team and being an old dog with few good days left compared to Andersson. Ideally we would waive Cleary to make it work with Nyquist up.

What I hope is that Nyquist doesn't get just one game and if he doesn't blow up they send him back down. I could see that happening.

I think we will see Andersson moved next if we can't make the cap work - despite Cleary having zero on-ice contribution to the team and being an old dog with few good days left compared to Andersson. Ideally we would waive Cleary to make it work with Nyquist up.

What I hope is that Nyquist doesn't get just one game and if he doesn't blow up they send him back down. I could see that happening.

We shouldn't get our hopes up. We will be in a real bad situation of he plays two games. We can hope Holland finally accepts it, but there will be pressure to hold off losing players for nothing by waiving them.

I agree about Andersson, though. I'm not sure he'd get claimed if Eaves and Tootoo didn't, and we do have other options at center. Emmerton, Glendening, etc.

Well, wasn't all the speculation that Gus was going to get the call in about a month anyway because of the cap savings? Assuming that is true, and that DD is out for at least that length, that means they can call up Gus and keep him up permanently without making any other moves? That makes sense in my head at least.

The Red Wings planned on recalling Nyquist on Thursday. Putting defenseman Danny DeKeyser (separated left shoulder, 3-to-6 weeks) on long-term injured reserve clears enough salary-cap space.

However, an unspecified injury to defenseman Kyle Quincey could cancel that plan. If Quincey, who didn't practice Wednesday due to "bumps and bruises,'' can't play, then the Red Wings would need to use their available cap space to recall a defenseman.

And just like that I wish Kyle Quincey would just go the f*** away. He ruins literally everything with this club.

Article: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/red_wings_split_up_pavel_datsy_2.html

Edited by darkmanx

Bumps and bruises, huh? Nyquist is probably beyond frustrated at this point.

An easy solution would be to waive an underachiever and call Nyquist AND a defenseman up.

If they screw with him and don't call him up I hope he says either call me up or trade me. Send a message to holland

...Has anyone heard the actual lineup for tonight yet? I hope to NOT see Clears in the top 6, Z mule Goose, Dats Tats Bert-top 6

Still waiting on Khan over at mlive for tonights lineups. Should be shortly after noon. I'll post em in the GDT as soon as theyre available.

And just like that I wish Kyle Quincey would just go the f*** away. He ruins literally everything with this club.

Article: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/red_wings_split_up_pavel_datsy_2.html

Can't we just waive Quincey? I don't care that he cost us a first rounder, to me it's a sunk cost and we won't recoup the value. Instead just let him go.