• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Nyquist Getting the call

Rate this topic

Jesus I get the nyquist situation is frustrating but people on here blow their lids over nothing.

We want nyquist here.

We can send him down with no risk until holland sorts out the cluster f*** of a roster. Once he manages that nyquist will be here full time, if he hasn't cemented that already.

Calm down people. It's not the end of the world if he goes back for a little while.

Calm down people. It's not the end of the world if he goes back for a little while.

That's what we said at the beginning of the season.

If he's sent down again, I will riot. This is an absolutely ludicrous situation.

As much as it hurts, we can't help the Goose situation. If he plays the 2 games and loses waiver exemption it only makes it harder for Holland to pull of roster moves. Teams already know he's handcuffed and will have to waive worst case scenario resulting in the possibility of a free pickup for them. Holland's stated numerous times that he's been attempting to make moves and open space but there simply isn't grabbers right now. It could be him lowballing or it could be a dry market, who knows but he is trying.

Blah blah blah.

Guest Playmaker

That's what we said at the beginning of the season.

If he's sent down again, I will riot. This is an absolutely ludicrous situation.

It is, Holland f***ed up, no doubt about it. He knows it. But the problem is, there aren't a lot of easy fixes for the situation. We've already put 2 guys on waivers who would seem attractive to other teams, and no takers. Cleary, Bert and Sammy have NTC. I don't know how those apply to waivers and being sent down, etc. It's not like it isn't evident that Nyquist is better than Cleary or Sammy, but there aren't a lot of simple solutions.

Nyquist is essentially a high-end top-six forward. Exactly the sort of piece we need right now. Exactly the sort of piece a ton of GMs would like to add. This isn't some middling checking-line grinder whose presence/absence is more or less inconsequential. We need skill, speed, youth, secondary scoring in the worst way. Nyquist gives us all of that.

But Dan Cleary. An enforcer without the whole enforcing thing.

And all of this comes after Holland's "Guys! It's all about our young homegrown talent! That's why I'm not doing anything! This is really important! Parity!" campaign.

Not to be overly dramatic here, but...what was Ken Holland really done lately?

Take a paid vacation, Ken. Go play some golf. I have a block of wood that can fill in for you.

It is, Holland f***ed up, no doubt about it. He knows it. But the problem is, there aren't a lot of easy fixes for the situation. We've already put 2 guys on waivers who would seem attractive to other teams, and no takers. Cleary, Bert and Sammy have NTC. I don't know how those apply to waivers and being sent down, etc. It's not like it isn't evident that Nyquist is better than Cleary or Sammy, but there aren't a lot of simple solutions.

I'm not giving Holland any sort of pass here. After all the bad decisions he's made, and now it's "Well, you have to understand: this is a really tough situation"? You're supposed to be the best GM in sports, you soggy, droopy boob.

He can start by waiving Cleary. I really don't care "how that would look," or if it's "bad business." Re-signing Cleary in the first place sent a bad message and was not exactly a brilliant business move. And, at some point, playing this "Now you have it. Now you don't!" game with one of our best and brightest in Nyquist (and, perhaps, Tatar), "doesn't look good," and is most definitely "bad business."

It'd be one thing if this team were stacked, or even just performing well. But Nyquist helped snap a seven-game losing streak. Because this is a team of scrubs, at least up front. If we were in the West, we'd be toast.

Get something done, Ken. Stop telling us how hard it is and make something happen to make your team better.

/weekly rant

Edited by Dabura

Guest Playmaker

You're beating a dead horse. Nyquist is better, he needs to be on the team. Holland screwed up. Has anyone here disagreed with that? But, it may not be as simple as waiving Cleary. I don't know. There may be contract stipulations and what not with the NTC. It may have been part of his contract. There may be rules as to how many NHL players can be on the minor league team.

The most frustrating thing is that if Holland really wanted to get Gus on the roster earlier he could have. Your telling me that out of 29 other NHL teams they wouldn't take a player for a 7th round draft pick some 3 years down the line? I dont care who the player is someone would accept a deal like that. Instead we got the same ol "kicking the tires on trades" rhetoric all year

Guest Crymson

You're beating a dead horse. Nyquist is better, he needs to be on the team. Holland screwed up. Has anyone here disagreed with that? But, it may not be as simple as waiving Cleary. I don't know. There may be contract stipulations and what not with the NTC. It may have been part of his contract. There may be rules as to how many NHL players can be on the minor league team.

Cleary has no NTC of any kind.

Guest Playmaker

The most frustrating thing is that if Holland really wanted to get Gus on the roster earlier he could have. Your telling me that out of 29 other NHL teams they wouldn't take a player for a 7th round draft pick some 3 years down the line? I dont care who the player is someone would accept a deal like that. Instead we got the same ol "kicking the tires on trades" rhetoric all year

No one wanted Emmerton, Eaves or Tootoo for FREE, why would they want to give up a draft pick for them?

Cleary doesn't have a NTC.

And the horse isn't dead yet.

I heard Sammy's NTC is modified, meaning he can be traded, but he can rule out a number of teams. Not sure where to verify this though.

Edited by rrasco

Guest Crymson

I heard Sammy's NTC is modified, meaning he can be traded, but he can rule out a number of teams. Not sure where to verify this though.

He's probably smart enough to rule out the teams that might actually want him.

Edited by Crymson

He's staying!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1543695

Oh, sorry. Beaten to it.

I guess it's not "official" yet. But I'd say it's extremely promising.

According to capgeek Cleary has a NTC. I don't know where they get their info but they're usually pretty good about those things. Take it for what it's worth.

And the horse is well beyond dead.

If so, ugh.

And I saw the horse blink just now.

Edited by Dabura

Guest Crymson

According to capgeek Cleary has a NTC. I don't know where they get their info but they're usually pretty good about those things. Take it for what it's worth.

And the horse is well beyond dead.

I've not seen that anywhere else.

Fortunately, he can still be waived.

Guest Playmaker

I've not seen that anywhere else.

Fortunately, he can still be waived.

We don't know that. It could be a no movement clause, which wouldn't allow him to be sent to the minors.

A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout.

This is how capgeek defines a no movement clause. They do not distinguish whether Cleary has a NTC or a NMC. This could be what he has or it could be a simple NTC. They could have used a NMC to "entice" him back here.

Guest Crymson

We don't know that. It could be a no movement clause, which wouldn't allow him to be sent to the minors.

We do know that; he absolutely doesn't have an NMC. For that matter, nobody on the team does, and very few players in the league as a whole do.

This is how capgeek defines a no movement clause. They do not distinguish whether Cleary has a NTC or a NMC. This could be what he has or it could be a simple NTC.

I'm aware of what an NMC is.

Capgeek distinguishes between NTC and NMC. See here for examples; simply scroll your mouse over the various lock icons you see on that page.

They could have used a NMC to "entice" him back here.

Not a chance.

i like cleary....but his days with us are done.

shanny moved on...cheli moved on...holmstrom retired.

they all saw the writing on the wall and know its business.

not personal.

when you sign a guy for the "personal" in mind....you have lost touch with the business.

Guest Crymson

i like cleary....but his days with us are done.

shanny moved on...cheli moved on...holmstrom retired.

they all saw the writing on the wall and know its business.

not personal.

when you sign a guy for the "personal" in mind....you have lost touch with the business.

To be fair to Babcock and Holland, Cleary was---while still mediocre---vastly better last season than he is now. He underwent a tremendous decline over the summer. While he should not have been brought back at all, I don't think anyone could have anticipated his presently disastrous state of physical condition.