• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Nyquist Getting the call

Rate this topic

Or to put it another way - after 1 game, he has the same number of goals as Cleary and Miller combined in 45 games. 2 players who didn't need to be re-signed, eating up $3.1M of cap space.

Anyway, if Nyquist stays up and continues to perform, what chance he makes Sweden's roster for the Olympics?

I dunno dude, they got this guy Danne Clearstrom the coach and GM just love.

Guest Playmaker

Cleary has no NTC of any kind.

So you have all the "facts"?

We do know that; he absolutely doesn't have an NMC. For that matter, nobody on the team does, and very few players in the league as a whole do.

I'm aware of what an NMC is.

Capgeek distinguishes between NTC and NMC. See here for examples; simply scroll your mouse over the various lock icons you see on that page.

Not a chance.

If you had followed your own instructions, you would have seen that Pavel Datsyuk had a No Movement clause.

Edited by Playmaker

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

To be fair to Babcock and Holland, Cleary was---while still mediocre---vastly better last season than he is now. He underwent a tremendous decline over the summer. While he should not have been brought back at all, I don't think anyone could have anticipated his presently disastrous state of physical condition.

he was absolute garbage last season. he got lucky and got some points in the playoffs and all of the sudden people had some talking points as to why he was no longer worthless.

he was terrible last season and he's terrible now.

Guest Playmaker

If you had followed your own instructions, you would have seen that Pavel Datsyuk had a No Movement clause.

The Calgary Flames alone have 3 players with a NMC. So I guess they aren't so rare.

Guest Crymson

Yep, you're right about Datsyuk; I was looking at an outdated list of players with NMCs. That said, he is the only player on the team who has one; as of last season, nobody on the team did. With regards to Cleary, I have my doubts as to if Capgeek is correct about his NTC. I can find literally no other source on the Internet that mentions an NTC in Cleary's current contract. More, it would be exceedingly rare for a player to be given an NTC on a one-year contract.

There is also the strange fact that you're quoting Capgeek's claim of an NTC for Cleary as fact, and at the same time suggesting that he might actually have an NMC instead.

In sum: Cleary might have an NTC. He does not have an NMC.

The Calgary Flames alone have 3 players with a NMC. So I guess they aren't so rare.

Here is a list, dated to last season, of players who have NMCs. You'll notice some common themes: none of them (with the strange exceptions of Scottie Upshall, whose clause is limited in an unspecified manner, and Antti Miettinen, who was recently returned from Russia) are scrubs; the majority of those who have them are players considered notably particularly valuable to their respective teams; and only a single player on the Red Wings---widely acknowledged to be the best player on the team---has one.

That said, this is irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

Edited by Crymson

Still not official Nyq is staying.

@AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock said nobody has told him if Nyquist is staying but they're preparing as if he is playing tomorrow. Alfredsson and Weiss remain out.

Which is a good indication of how much sway Babcock has on these matters. I'm guessing he's made his feelings about Nyquist known, but even the coach doesn't know his own roster the day before the game.

Never mind he is here to stay.

@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings' Ken Holland said Nyquist will play tomorrow and is here to stay. No other moves needed until DeKeyser comes off LTIR in 4-6 weeks.

Great news!

Sad that it took a long term injury to DeKeyser for this to finally happen.

Unfortunately babs and co. said for saturdays game theyll roll the same lines from last game...which to everyones absolute dismay means hammer hands, cement skates, useless f*** Dan Cleary will destroy the top line yet again. Ohboy!

Edited by RedWang

Guest Crymson

Unfortunately babs and co. said theyll roll the same lines from last game...which to everyones absolute dismay means hammer hands, cement skates, useless f*** Dan Cleary will destroy the top line yet again. Ohboy!

Great. Just !@#$ing great. I don't know what Babcock is smoking. This is ridiculous. There is not a single forward on the team who would not do better than Dan Cleary on that line. And what's with the talk that Cleary needs to be better? What about the game in which he was scratched? What has he shown by way of improvement since then? Absolutely nothing! And now he's promoted to the first line?

I wish one of the guys in the press conference would ask why the single worst forward on the team, one of such limited offensive ability that even the coach---his self-professed biggest fan---does not give him any power play time, is playing with Pavel Datsyuk.

Even Samuelsson would be better.

Edited by Crymson

Great. Just !@#$ing great. I don't know what Babcock is smoking. This is ridiculous. There is not a single forward on the team who would not do better than Dan Cleary on that line.

At this point im convinced its babs' last hurrah to get him producing. After that i hope they bury him in GR and never plays another NHL game.

To be fair to Babcock and Holland, Cleary was---while still mediocre---vastly better last season than he is now. He underwent a tremendous decline over the summer. While he should not have been brought back at all, I don't think anyone could have anticipated his presently disastrous state of physical condition.

C'mon now, I think we ALL predicted that.

I wish one of the guys in the press conference would ask why the single worst forward on the team, one of such limited offensive ability that even the coach---his self-professed biggest fan---does not give him any power play time, is playing with Pavel Datsyuk.

Probably scared to lose their credentials. If someone gets me creds, I'll ask it. I'll even wear a Babcock wig while doing so.

Just for the sake of trying something new, let's all keep a few of these threads on topic and not about Cleary.

Thanks.

While I understand, I think Cleary is topic-centric to everything Wings related this season. e.g. This thread wouldn't exist without Cleary being on the team.

While I understand, I think Cleary is topic-centric to everything Wings related this season. e.g. This thread wouldn't exist without Cleary being on the team.

You're obviously not alone in thinking Cleary is topic-centric to everything this season, but he actually isn't.

Cleary's role in the lineup could certainly be relevant to Nyquist under some circumstances and worth discussion, but when it veers off into the endless complaining that litters every thread here, it is no longer germane to the topic and will be deleted.