#1 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

http://www.arcticice...noel-about-time

Paul Maurice hired as replacement

Edited by Euro_Twins, 12 January 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#2 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Good for Maurice. He was terribad for the Leafs, but I think he deserves another shot.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Still waiting for that first smile.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#4 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

It was time for this to happen two years ago. It's about time.

#5 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Good for Maurice. He was terribad for the Leafs, but I think he deserves another shot.

Who exactly has worked out well for the Leafs though?? lol 

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#6 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Not that I think Noel is a great coach, but having Pavelec as your starter will get you fired. Having a mediocre core that only knows losing and a GM that refuses to move any of them might play a role too. Good luck to Maurice, seems like a good guy from his TSN days, but he's got some work to do with Winnipeg.

#NOMOREKINDL

#7 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Rumor site thefourthperiod.com reporting that the Jets are actively shopping Kane and Byfuglien, and listening to calls on Wheeler, Ladd, and Bogosian.  Also reporting that their GM has been in discussion with the Wings as well as others. 

On the hierarchy of rumor reliability this site ranks somewhere miles above Eklund and just below Aaron Ward.  So take it for what it's worth.

Edited by kipwinger, 13 January 2014 - 10:11 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#8 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

Make the deal for Ladd AND Bfuglien today! Get it done Kenny! Hell, throw Bogosian in as well!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#9 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Make the deal for Ladd AND Bfuglien today! Get it done Kenny! Hell, throw Bogosian in as well!

Byfuglien is terrible and Babcock would probably shoot him if he played for our team.  However, any of Wheeler, Ladd, or Bogosian would be welcome.  I'm curious, if the rumors are true, who we were calling about.

Edited by kipwinger, 13 January 2014 - 10:11 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#10 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

I wouldn't mind Kane either, k.o.'d matt cooke, fast skater, good hands, k.o.'d matt Cooke.

#11 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I wouldn't mind Kane either, k.o.'d matt cooke, fast skater, good hands, k.o.'d matt Cooke.

I was saying this too, that I'd like Kane, and a couple of guys on this forum who watch him a lot more than I do were saying that he's a really dumb player who takes stupid penalties and isn't nearly as good as his stats indicate.  I don't know how true that is or isn't, I was only looking at his physical attributes and his stat line. 

#12 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Evander Kane and Zach Bogosian would be stellar. But we'd have to give up alot, and they make alot of money. Good to know we're at least discussing with Winnipeg.

#NOMOREKINDL

#13 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

I was saying this too, that I'd like Kane, and a couple of guys on this forum who watch him a lot more than I do were saying that he's a really dumb player who takes stupid penalties and isn't nearly as good as his stats indicate.  I don't know how true that is or isn't, I was only looking at his physical attributes and his stat line. 

If Detroit couldn't straighten Kane out, nowhere would.
And we could use our amazing pk while he got in line.

#14 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Wheeler or bust!!!!!!

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#15 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

there are only two guys on this club that I would really want:

Peluso and Wheeler other than that meh

I highly doubt Scheifele will be available so I didn't even include him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

Not that I think Noel is a great coach, but having Pavelec as your starter will get you fired. Having a mediocre core that only knows losing and a GM that refuses to move any of them might play a role too. Good luck to Maurice, seems like a good guy from his TSN days, but he's got some work to do with Winnipeg.

Pavelec is one of the most inconsistent starters in the league.  Cheveldayoff needs to go too.  You need a 1st line C and you sign Setoguchi....and then proceed to sign everyone possible for the bottom 6. 

Kane would be a whipping boy here within 5 games.  His attitude and the amount he misses the net is absurd.  He has a good shot when he hits the net 3 out of 10 times.  Not a good passer or puck handler in the deking sense.  Tons of speed and good hitter, but for his cap hit, he's not worth it.

Byfuglien is terrible and Babcock would probably shoot him if he played for our team.  However, any of Wheeler, Ladd, or Bogosian would be welcome.  I'm curious, if the rumors are true, who we were calling about.

If the rumour is actually true that the Jets are shopping all those guys, Wheeler, Ladd and Bogo are all really good pickups.  I'd take Ladd over anyone else as he's a durable guy that has a complete game.  He is exactly what the Wings need and I'd definitely trade a hefty pile to get him and Wheeler in a package.  I'd say Nyquist, Marchenko, Almqvist, Pulkkinen, Patterson and a 1st.  Not sure how many prospects they'd want, but that's what I'd actually be willing to give for Ladd and Wheeler, maybe more.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#17 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

If the rumour is actually true that the Jets are shopping all those guys, Wheeler, Ladd and Bogo are all really good pickups.  I'd take Ladd over anyone else as he's a durable guy that has a complete game.  He is exactly what the Wings need and I'd definitely trade a hefty pile to get him and Wheeler in a package.  I'd say Nyquist, Marchenko, Almqvist, Pulkkinen, Patterson and a 1st.  Not sure how many prospects they'd want, but that's what I'd actually be willing to give for Ladd and Wheeler, maybe more.

I'd do that too, without blinking. Unfortunately, it does nothing to make space cap-wise. You'd be taking on 9M + and all you'd be losing off the books is whatever chicken feed Nyquist makes. Maybe in the offseason, when the cap goes up and we have some useless contracts coming off the books.

#18 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

No to Nyquist and Patterson... Marchenko, ALmqvist and Pulkkinen I am neither here nor there on...but if you are giving up two D prospects, better have at least one D man coming back...IMO.  I think a trade involving Kindl and Quincey is likely, but they won't return us Ladd and Wheeler or Bogo...unless they are padding to a package deal...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#19 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

No to Nyquist and Patterson... Marchenko, ALmqvist and Pulkkinen I am neither here nor there on...but if you are giving up two D prospects, better have at least one D man coming back...IMO.  I think a trade involving Kindl and Quincey is likely, but they won't return us Ladd and Wheeler or Bogo...unless they are padding to a package deal...

Serious? I love Nyquist, but I'd trade him and Patterson both straight up for Wheeler.

Edited by rick zombo, 13 January 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#20 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Serious? I love Nyquist, but I'd trade him and Patterson both straight up for Wheeler.

Yeah, there aren't a lot of pieces I wouldn't part with for Wheeler (I'd give a little less for Ladd, but not much less).  Seriously, at the trade deadline all I want is Wheeler (or Ladd) and Kulikov.  These two and we're a cup team again (provided we're healthy).