Photo
- - - - -

Steve Ott to possibly be moved to Detroit.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Sorry for my utter fail at posting links from other sites. Via Kuklaskorner.com

Would Steve Ott Be A Fit In Detroit?

by Paul on 01/14/14 at 10:53 AM ET
Comments (3)

Both Brad May and Mark Spector of Sportsnet believe Detroit would be a destination for Steve Ott at the trade deadline.

What do you think and you can watch their discussion on Kuklaskorner.com

#2 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Rumors...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#3 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Feel free to move, i just thought it was an interesting post

#4 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

It is just a rumor, but he'd be a great acquisition. Say what you want about the guy, he's a player you hate when he plays against you, but love if he plays for ya. I'm sure Datsyuk and Zetterberg would like him on their side as opposed to playing against him.

#NOMOREKINDL

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

It is just a rumor, but he'd be a great acquisition. Say what you want about the guy, he's a player you hate when he plays against you, but love if he plays for ya. I'm sure Datsyuk and Zetterberg would like him on their side wing as opposed to playing against him Bertuzzi.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

I think that he would be awesome addition but unfortunately I don't see Kenny trading for him (or any similar player)... 

He reminds me of Dallas Drake.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#7 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

This is just speculation, but to me it would make sense. Generally what makes sense to us doesn't make sense to upper Wings management so i'm not going to consider this a possibility. I think he would be a good fit here, he's obviously got some leadership skills, isn't afraid to hit and stick up for his team mates, and would add some much needed grit and passion to the team. You hate him when he's not on your team because that is the kind of presence he brings to the ice, and I think that is the kind of player we are lacking. 

I'd welcome Ott with open arms, I just don't see it happening. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#8 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

Just like was the case with Chelios.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#9 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

I would LOVE having Ott here mostly because I've always hated the guy. I'd be concerned with what goes the other way but I might actually be okay with giving up a 2nd and a decent prospect. Almquist maybe.

#10 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

http://www.mynhltrad...bres-steve-ott/

These guys are nuts.

Pass!  Can't stand Ott.

#11 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

many like the idea of Ott here. But I don't see the reason why? In his 8+ full seasons he has scored more than 12 goals in a season twice, so it isn't O. yes he is a good defensive gritty guy, but he isn't really an enforcer either. he is another 3/4 line guy to add to the large collection of those types we already have.

#12 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

Dallas Drake played important role for us and it was not his scoring abilities...

Your bottom six should be the 8-12 minutes high energy pressing players, hit, hit and hit...

#13 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

many like the idea of Ott here. But I don't see the reason why? In his 8+ full seasons he has scored more than 12 goals in a season twice, so it isn't O. yes he is a good defensive gritty guy, but he isn't really an enforcer either. he is another 3/4 line guy to add to the large collection of those types we already have.

Answer these questions on who you would rather have, and please try to do so objectively. Steve Ott or Drew Miller? Steve Ott or Patrick Eaves? Ott or Cleary? Ott or Tootoo? Ott or Glendening? Ott or Sammy? Yes he's what we have but he's better at it, much more annoying to play against, and plays with a good amount of heart.

And don't get me wrong here, I like Miller, Eaves, Glendening and Toots and I think Cleary can still play a role. I just would rather have Ott.

#14 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Ott would fill the same role Tootoo was brought in for. Ott is perhaps more skilled but if there is no place for Tootoo I dont see them trading for Ott.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#15 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Ott would fill the same role Tootoo was brought in for. Ott is perhaps more skilled but if there is no place for Tootoo I dont see them trading for Ott.

I agree that he would fill Tootoo's role; however, Ott currently plays 19:40 ish per game with the Sabres, 2:30ish of that shorthanded. So he kills penalties as well. He also can play on the PP and I can see us trying to make him a net front guy. So he fills Tootoo's role and more. I honestly see him as more of an Abdelkader type player than a Tootoo type player.

Edited by nawein, 16 January 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#16 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

http://www.mynhltrad...bres-steve-ott/

These guys are nuts.
Pass!  Can't stand Ott.

Agreed. Thanks but no thanks..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#17 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I agree that he would fill Tootoo's role; however, Ott currently plays 19:40 ish per game with the Sabres, 2:30ish of that shorthanded. So he kills penalties as well. He also can play on the PP and I can see us trying to make him a net front guy. So he fills Tootoo's role and more. I honestly see him as more of an Abdelkader type player than a Tootoo type player.

I don't see him being much different that Tootoo.  Unless there are off ice reasons Tootoo got banished by Babcock, I don't see how Ott will play any more.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#18 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Ott and Westgarth <3 both would be some really needed and very nice to have additions.

Ott brings leadership, grit and physicality Westgarth would allow him, to do his job and not worry about other heavies.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#19 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Well rumor has it the price of ott is a first round pick. Is it worth it? Will it happen? Does Kenny make trades?

I would like to swap Bert for him
Posted Image

#20 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

A first round pick for an upcoming UFA who isn't a star wow. Buffalo really has to lower their expectations for Miller and Ott.

I would not do it for the simple fact: I think it could be the best draft position this team has had in some time. The guy will be an UFA so why not wait a few months and make him an offer them without paying a first rounder.

Edited by frankgrimes, 22 January 2014 - 05:53 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..