Photo
- - - - -

Tim Thomas is a dope: It's a scientific fact.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

When asked to comment on his first start in Boston since his puzzling departure, Tim Thomas had this to say...

"I'm really just focused on getting ready for tomorrow's game," he said. "You know me, I don't try to overblow things."

Ha.  I sure hope that was Timbo being cheeky, because if he really feels that way he's delusional...er...more so than usual. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#2 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Two Tim Thomas's? Say it ain't so!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#3 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Well, when you overblow things people tend to get hurt. Then you have a whole team of guys out with groin injuries, and you fall out of playoff contention. Then you have too much time on your hands, and end up getting into weird hobbies like collecting American Girls dolls. Then you start going to American Girl doll conventions and everyone thinks you're a pervert.

Just sayin'.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#4 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

his something isn't he? guy is quirky for sure

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#5 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

Then you have too much time on your hands, and end up getting into weird hobbies like collecting American Girls dolls. Then you start going to American Girl doll conventions and everyone thinks you're a pervert.

Just sayin'.

What???

#6 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

I recommend that we establish a LGW Forums Hall of Fame and make this thread its first inductee.

#7 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

What???

DON'T JUDGE ME!!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Pretty sure he was being cheeky.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#9 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

C'mon man, he's from Davison.

#10 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

Well, when you overblow things people tend to get hurt. Then you have a whole team of guys out with groin injuries, and you fall out of playoff contention. Then you have too much time on your hands, and end up getting into weird hobbies like collecting American Girls dolls. Then you start going to American Girl doll conventions and everyone thinks you're a pervert.

Just sayin'.

God bless you for this post. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#11 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Still don't see what makes him a dope but regardless the guy is a scrapper and still is a great goalie... I wouldn't mind at all if they did not resign The Monster and did sign Timmy the Tank on a one year. Thomas can still be a #1 goalie and he'd challenge Howard every step of the way. A Howard-Thomas tandem would be wicked! Like Fuhr-Moog or Hasek-Osgood

#12 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

goalies...

#13 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

It's even a bigger shame that Timmy , Niemi and Crawford seem to look like Brodeur/Roy in their primes on super serum against us.

Edited by GoWings!, 29 January 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#14 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

He's not near the wack job Bryzgolov is.  That guy is nuts.

#15 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Just sayin'.

This made my day seeing Thomas in full gear playing with American Girl dolls in a mansion....LOVE those commericals..

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#16 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

He's not near the wack job Bryzgolov is.  That guy is nuts.

Sure, but you're talking about a different kind of "nuts".  And really, when you boil it down it's all shades of gray anyway.  Both Tim Thomas and Ilya Bryzgalov are absolutely, positively, 100% wackadoodle.

#17 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

One of my favourite goaltenders of alltime for a number of reasons. His stanley cup performance against the Canucks was out of this world, the guy literally shut down the best offense in the league (at that time), which for sure isn ot easy to do.

Another cool thing is, his style can't be copied it's unique at so many levels and yet hard to beat, reminds me a bit of Hasek.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#18 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

I find it amusing that a Conn Smythe winning Stanely Cup goaltender could mismanage his career to such a degree that he now makes half as much money playing on the worst team of the last ten or fifteen years.

Most people wish they could 'mismanage' their career's to the tune of $20 million plus.

Perhaps he's playing hockey because he wants to, not because he's contractually obliged to. Just for fun ... it's possible. He shouldn't need money.

He won the Conn Smythe at 37. Honestly, what else is left to play for?

The team he's currently playing for isn't even the worst team in the NHL this season, let alone the 'last ten or fifteen years'.

#19 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...e-bruins-boston

"At that time I really wasn't thinking about money," he said. "I was doing what I thought was the best thing for my family and for myself, and ultimately it was. Not only did the year off give me a renewed life for hockey, just being at home and being a parent to my kids and developing a relationship with my children is much greater and stronger now than it was before that year off.

"I mean, I had a good relationship, don't get me wrong. I was a dad, but when you're constantly on the road and so focused, I hadn't developed [that relationship] yet and they were at critical ages. My son was just turning 7 and my daughter was 8 and those are critical ages, I think, to really develop a relationship with your kids before they get too old. That ended up happening over the year off, so that was one of the great benefits."

#20 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...e-bruins-boston

"At that time I really wasn't thinking about money," he said. "I was doing what I thought was the best thing for my family and for myself, and ultimately it was. Not only did the year off give me a renewed life for hockey, just being at home and being a parent to my kids and developing a relationship with my children is much greater and stronger now than it was before that year off.

"I mean, I had a good relationship, don't get me wrong. I was a dad, but when you're constantly on the road and so focused, I hadn't developed [that relationship] yet and they were at critical ages. My son was just turning 7 and my daughter was 8 and those are critical ages, I think, to really develop a relationship with your kids before they get too old. That ended up happening over the year off, so that was one of the great benefits."

Good for him. Doesn't sound like a "dope" at all.