• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

1,870 posts in this topic

If holland wants to wait for Ouellette and Sproul to fix this Defense I guess Datsyuk isn't going to win another cup as a red wing. This time in 3 years we'll be trading him to the pens

Well, without having to worry about another cup, Pavel can focus squarely on the 2018 Olympics :ph34r:

(low blow - couldn't resist)

brooklynsour likes this

Hey what about corvo he's a tiny upgrade to Quincey with similar strengths and weaknesses I think, seen him mostly with Carolina

He's not an upgrade on Quincey....

Quincey is much better defensively.

I oppose to trading helm don't get me wrong, the only con I see is the last 2 seasons he's been hurt and hasn't done too much for us... I agree with most that say he's a top 3rd line center in the league... I mentioned this earlier but I don't really follow on many wing prospects in minors and/college/overseas.... I certainly agree with your post how us crawling into playoffs it seems we alrdy starting, I don't think we should rush our stars back from injury until everything is healed and 100% w.out high risk of reinjury.... As for the kings 8th seed, our team Is nothing like that team, quick was outstanding, unfortunately it seems Howard might be having his worst season(injuries and weak goals).. Also those Kings were way gritter and tougher than we are... I seen andersson a lot in playoffs last year and I like what I seen, glendening seemed a bit small and unexp but he's 24.... I hope everyone will be healthy by the time playoffs come Dustin Penner to Washington!!

Just to be clear, I'm not really arguing with you. It occurred to me that my last few posts could be read that way, but that's not it. If anything, I'm just rambling, maybe taking sides for the sake of taking sides. Nothing personal!

I get snippy about the Kings because I'm tired of everyone and his or her mother pointing to them as this Cinderella rags-to-riches underdog success story. Like you said, they were a contender. BUT - and it further pisses me off that people tend to gloss over this fact - they had their issues, and instead of saying, "Well, whatever. We like our team. You get into the playoffs and anything can happen," they made some very big, very ballsy moves. They weren't complacent. They weren't in love with themselves. They weren't afraid to hurt some feelings. And it paid off. And it continues to pay off.

We're not in the same boat that those Kings were in. We are NOT a contender. But there is, I think, a lesson in there that is worth considering.

Edited by Dabura
brooklynsour likes this

Nah man I love hockey and love talking hockey, were all wings fans I enjoy reading different perspectives and opinions, its all good I enjoy the debate tho this may not be the right section for it lol....Anaheim making some moves it seems shipping fasth and obtaining robidas

And shippin Penner

Visnovsky is mostly offense he's undersized too... Haven't seen smid play much

What would people think about smid or visnovsky??

Smid yes, Visnovsky no. Too old.

Edited by DickieDunn

What do you think smid would cost? From what I remember he was very solid and blocks a tun of shots

What do you think smid would cost? From what I remember he was very solid and blocks a tun of shots

Idk if he's even available but maybe Kindl straight up.

brooklynsour likes this

Well, it seems that other teams are now the front-runners for the players the Wings were rumored to be interested in, at least the high-profile ones. And the low-profile ones that the Wings were linked to have gone suspiciously quiet. If past day-before-deadline behavior is any indicator, it looks like Holland will really stand pat.

Well, it seems that other teams are now the front-runners for the players the Wings were rumored to be interested in, at least the high-profile ones. And the low-profile ones that the Wings were linked to have gone suspiciously quiet. If past day-before-deadline behavior is any indicator, it looks like Holland will really stand pat.

In my opinion standing pat is the worst thing Holland can do at this point.

The team either has to make a commitment to making a cup run, or call it a rebuilding year and move assets for the future. If they stand pat they probably eek into the playoffs, get eliminated early and Holland praises the fact the streak is still alive and they go into next offseason in the same position they were last year.

Dabura and brooklynsour like this

In my opinion standing pat is the worst thing Holland can do at this point.

The team either has to make a commitment to making a cup run, or call it a rebuilding year and move assets for the future. If they stand pat they probably eek into the playoffs, get eliminated early and Holland praises the fact the streak is still alive and they go into next offseason in the same position they were last year.

Ever think that the "don't sell" order is coming from upstairs? Holland has people he reports to, and playoff games add a lot of cash.

brooklynsour likes this

How about trying to get Vatanen from ducks? apparently ducks think that robidas is better than Vatanen, should be available for a pick.

brooklynsour likes this

We won't make the playoffs - but we'll have a mid-first-round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also get nothing for Quincey who teams are interested in and let him walk a la Flippula. I think you call this GM style "winging it"

If teams trade him superstar players for scrubs then he will do it it's not like he's actually going out and finding players in an attempt to make our team better. That's ridiculous

Ever think that the "don't sell" order is coming from upstairs? Holland has people he reports to, and playoff games add a lot of cash.

Not if the Wings become the mid-late 2000s Flames and attendance drops.

brooklynsour likes this

We're gonna stand pat and then Kronwall is gonna slip on a puck and break his arms. Then we're gonna wish we hadn't stood pat. Then we're gonna re-sign Quincey.

BadgerBob likes this

We won't make the playoffs - but we'll have a mid-first-round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could keep that pick, clear space for roster players next year and make our team better. Watch what Erhoff will go for

brooklynsour likes this

That's not happening. And you know why? The mid-late 2000s Flames were never the 1996-2009 Red Wings.

What does that have to do with anything? My point is the Wings have been following a recipe of mediocrity the last few seasons which leave them in the worst possible spot a team can be in: Too good for a high pick, too bad to be an actual contender.

brooklynsour likes this

Not surprised since the Wings are rarely front-runners. If Holland ends up making a trade it will be as a dark horse.

We're gonna stand pat and then Kronwall is gonna slip on a puck and break his arms. Then we're gonna wish we hadn't stood pat. Then we're gonna re-sign Quincey.

Bite your tongue you heathen.

brooklynsour likes this

@joesuffp im sure they have bigger plans for offseason and they probably have some guys on a list,,,, I hope....

Yea what the wings were doing and did over the last 20 years we might not witness another franchise pull something like that in NHL, does any1 know whose after the wings in consecutive playoff?

@dabura jinx!! Don't say things like that! Please!

@shaman it really seems so unfortunately but we have some young players that seem to be taking a step forward between last year and this one hopefully next season they'll show the coaching and improvements Who ever said thee intresr in Quincey I believe when I see it...

Edited by brooklynsour

What does that have to do with anything? My point is the Wings have been following a recipe of mediocrity the last few seasons which leave them in the worst possible spot a team can be in: Too good for a high pick, too bad to be an actual contender.

Not to stray too much from the topic at hand.

The mediocre Flames you speak of traded a lot of picks and prospects away trying to become contenders. Holland's not doing that. Which is good. Also, the Flames drafting has been s***tier than Taco Bell. Compare the Flames to St Louis. Very similar arcs, but drastically different results.

Also, unless you want Holland to trade away Datsyuk, Z, Kronwall, and Howard and go into full-blown rebuild, do you really think trading Helm is going to turn us into Chicago or LA in 5 years?

brooklynsour likes this

Not to stray too much from the topic at hand.

The mediocre Flames you speak of traded a lot of picks and prospects away trying to become contenders. Holland's not doing that. Which is good. Also, the Flames drafting has been s***tier than Taco Bell. Compare the Flames to St Louis. Very similar arcs, but drastically different results.

Also, unless you want Holland to trade away Datsyuk, Z, Kronwall, and Howard and go into full-blown rebuild, do you really think trading Helm is going to turn us into Chicago or LA in 5 years?

Those aren't the only players with value. Bertuzzi could easily fetch a 3rd rounder if Rhobidas did, Abdelkader and Andersson both could be worth a high-ish pick based upon the pattern of the last couple years. Even Helm based on what Gaustad got should be worth 2nd or more.

brooklynsour likes this

Actually they've been rebuilding on the fly while maintaining playoff contention.

How this is can be viewed as a negative thing is beyond me...

Enough of this "tank vs all in" mentality.