• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

Good to see sweden cruise into the final without having to go 110%.

Well done since they miss two of the best centers in the world, due to injuries.

Is it just me, or did some of the finns look like divers?

Edited by peabrain

Still can't believe the Finns started Lehtonen

Word is Rask was sick.

I thought Niemi was a better choice to replace Rask, imo. Lehtonen has never really impressed me yet.

I didn't see the game...would they have won with Rask in net?

If Karlson can round out his defensive game, he could be one of the elite defenseman for years to come.

What a great game and an appetizer for the midday game. Watched it on my tablet and would love to rewatch it again already, Lundvist unbelievable.

Also congrats to the Fins, having your 4 best centers out and beating Russia on home-ice, while having the defending champions on the rope of a loss and making it to the final 4 is a huge accomplishment.

I thought Niemi was a better choice to replace Rask, imo. Lehtonen has never really impressed me yet.

I didn't see the game...would they have won with Rask in net?

Karlson's goal was very stoppable

Good to see sweden cruise into the final without having to go 110%.

Well done since they miss two of the best centers in the world, due to injuries.

Yeah,looked like they have played just enough to win especially in the 3rd

Edited by pucktividi

dolighan_cartoon_feb2214.jpg

Mats Sundin, Honoured Member of both the HHoF and IIHF Hall of Fame, legendary for both his elongated amount of time trying to decide if he would retire / play and rarely giving his opinion on any topic, has recently expressed his opinion regarding the recent performance of the Russian Federation Men's Hockey Team at Sochi 2014; from TSN:

"I was almost disgusted by their performance when they played Finland," said the 43-year-old who played 18 seasons in the NHL. "I look at the Finnish team and they're missing key players. They don't have any of their big stars and now [Rask] is hurt and that Russian team is stacked with great players and to come out and have that performance they had in the quarterfinals. It was an absolutely heartless performance.

"It was very disappointing and I don't think it's very good for hockey either to have them out of their home tournament. You wonder when you have Putin in the stands on home ice and you can't get heart out of these guys? What's going to bring it out? I don't know," he said.