Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1600 replies to this topic

#521 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

I have never watched a shootout and don't intend to start now.  Make the comments good, folks!  I've changed the channel.

You missed out, man. There was drama. There was hilarity*. There was epic. There was awesome.

*A goalie's worst nightmare: Staring down Datsyuk/Kovalchuk in a shootout over and over and over and over again. At the Olympics. In Russia.

Oshie should get a gold medal right now for that individual performance. And I loved that he looked to his 'tender immediately after he scored the winner. So much win in this kid.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#522 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

Holland was at todays game...A trade must be made that involves Franzen, for  Oshie :lol:

Edited by F.Michael, 15 February 2014 - 10:26 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#523 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

Both USA goals on penalties by Radulov.  What a team player!

If I were the Russians coach, Radulov sits next game, or at best plays on the 4th line. It's not like he's been effective anyway.

Overall, good game for both teams, Good Luck to USA, we (Russia) can use some more practice in Q-round :)

#524 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

This unlike when the wings play is why it's called a skills competition...

#525 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Amazing game and an amazing finish, anyone who missed this needs to watch the replay.

NBC really must be kicking themselves for not broadcasting this on normal NBC this morning

#526 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Wait wait wait, did that NBC commercial really just happen?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#527 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Holland was at todays game...A trade must be made that involves Franzen, for  Oshie :lol:

Agreed, how the frack can we get Oshie on the team??

#528 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

You missed out, man. There was drama. There was hilarity*. There was epic. There was awesome.

*A goalie's worst nightmare: Staring down Datsyuk/Kovalchuk in a shootout over and over and over and over again. At the Olympics. In Russia.

Oshie should get a gold medal right now for that individual performance. And I loved that he looked to his 'tender immediately after he scored the winner. So much win in this kid.

In all honesty...I hope the St.Louis Blues represent the Western Conference for the 2014 Cup Final...They seem like a decent bunch of guys to cheer for.

#529 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Agreed, how the frack can we get Oshie on the team??

Online petition!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#530 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Great game of hockey (including the shoot out)!

#531 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

In all honesty...I hope the St.Louis Blues represent the Western Conference for the 2014 Cup Final...They seem like a decent bunch of guys to cheer for.

They were my prediction to win the west this year.  Their team is so strong top to bottom.  Them and Boston is the finals I predict and would actually love to see.  Shattenkirk is a very good player as well.  Didn't look to get too much ice time today (I could be wrong though), but he's a good guy to fall back on if needed to step up.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#532 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

One of the best games ive ever watched.

#533 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Well, if US beats Slovenia (which they should) and Russia beats Slovakia in regulation, both teams will probably go straight to the 1/4 finals. I'm cheering for a regulation win in Canada - Finland game, whoever wins.

#534 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

I just google imaged "T.J.Oshies testicles" and this is what came up

Coconuts_02.jpg

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#535 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

They were my prediction to win the west this year.  Their team is so strong top to bottom.  Them and Boston is the finals I predict and would actually love to see.  Shattenkirk is a very good player as well.  Didn't look to get too much ice time today (I could be wrong though), but he's a good guy to fall back on if needed to step up.

Blues vs Bruins is something I can get behind, and cheer on the Blues...I've been to St.Louis a handful of times; really nice folks, and great hockey fans (and unlike Chicago you can wear your Red Wings gear, and not be threatened)...If there's a franchise out there along with a fan base that deserves to have a shot at winning the Cup - I'm thinking the Blues would be at, or near the top of that list.

#536 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

I just google imaged "T.J.Oshies testicles" and this is what came up

Coconuts_02.jpg

Bylsma as well for going with one freaking player hahaha

#537 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

They are a scary, scary team. No holes.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#538 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

USA USA USA This was an awesome game. Seeing Pavs score 2 times in regulation and once in the shootout and then having the US win in the end....Who could of asked for anything more being a US,wings hockey fan. 

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#539 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Well, if US beats Slovenia (which they should) and Russia beats Slovakia in regulation, both teams will probably go straight to the 1/4 finals. I'm cheering for a regulation win in Canada - Finland game, whoever wins.

Looks like the only chance there is of a rematch of todays game is either an overtime game between Canada and Finland tomorrow or as a gold medal game.

#540 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

The Blues are my team in the West again, so many likeable players and they have built this team without tanking AND on a small internal budget, so that's extremely impressive.

Their loyal fans deserve a winner and it would be good for the whole city, if the Blues could bring in a cup.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..