• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

There's time to get more center prospects. There isn't time to find a patch for the Wings. This trade makes sense from almost all risk management perspectives.

This trade makes no sense:

The Wings offense is sub-par, even with the addition of Legwand, it's not going to be any better than it was in January. This team's defense still has KMFQ in the top 4, and Howard still hasn't quite figured himself out. So, instead of trading for a D-man that isn't a rental, Holland trades for a rental center. In the purely short term the moves probably would pan out to be pretty equal, in the long term its terrible. They give up one of their top center prospects for an aging rental center that because 3-4th center on the depth chart if the team gets healthy, and still haven't addressed their defensive woes.

There's time to get more center prospects. There isn't time to find a patch for the Wings. This trade makes sense from almost all risk management perspectives.

The Wings offense is sub-par, even with the addition of Legwand, it's not going to be any better than it was in January. This team's defense still has KMFQ in the top 4, and Howard still hasn't quite figured himself out. So, instead of trading for a D-man that isn't a rental, Holland trades for a rental center. In the purely short term the moves probably would pan out to be pretty equal, in the long term its terrible. They give up one of their top center prospects for an aging rental center that because 3-4th center on the depth chart if the team gets healthy, and still haven't addressed their defensive woes.

They short sighted only looking at finishing this season.....

How do you know if any names went around.

Edited by brooklynsour

Lot's of talk about Jarnkrock but some seem to have forgotten that if Detroit makes the playoffs Nashville also gets a 2nd. That 2nd along with other pieces could have fetched something better. I would have preffered Holland packaged a 2nd and 1st for a big player.

Ya don't remind me ... Almost tempted to miss the playoffs now so we can keep our 2nd and draft In the top 10 to draft a center cause of Hollands stupidity

I wouldn't waste a 4th round pick on either of those guys.

Vanek is a rental, and have you seen Collberg? The guy is like Mantha. A 2nd round pick and he has a great upside. I think Montreal overpaid.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16836

Dig into these trades a bit before you start saying that these are just scrub players.

Thanks for giving me more fuel btw...take Collberg and compare him to Jarnkrok in the SEL at the same age. It makes our trade even worse. Edited by achildr1

We don't know what any of the GM conversations were like. The other GMs could have declined any reasonable offers then everyone would be upset we didn't make a trade. Holland can't win.

This kind of baseless speculation doesn't help anything. I mean I have a very hard time believing there is a huge conspiracy against Holland that other teams won't deal with him.

The more realistic possibilities are that A) Holland low balls the other GMs and they won't pull the trigger, or B) That Holland when faced with a fair deal is unwilling to pull the trigger.

Given the news about Datsyuk this deal stinks of a desperation move on Holland's part. It completely contradicts his stated strategy of not dealing youth they are high on or high draft picks and especially not for rentals, but trying to deal roster players and depth prospects in what he called a 'hockey trade;.

Lot's of talk about Jarnkrock but some seem to have forgotten that if Detroit makes the playoffs Nashville also gets a 2nd. That 2nd along with other pieces could have fetched something better. I would have preffered Holland packaged a 2nd and 1st for a big player.

Ya don't remind me ... Almost tempted to miss the playoffs now so we can keep our 2nd and draft In the top 10 to draft a center cause of Hollands stupidity

EXACTLY this is dumb!!! The chances of us winning with Pavel knee iffy and Z coming back from back surgery (IF WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS) were alrdy slim.... Now we trade away 2 of our future players for a UFA who has only hit 60 points once and 50 points once is blasphemous

The "hockey-trades" on defense were just not there. Let's not pretend that there were any made today that we missed out on.

Andersson, Sheahan, Glendening, Emmerton as our Centermen for the next three weeks made trading for a Center a high priority if making the playoffs for the Detroit Red Wings is a desired result for Holland. It obviously is.

You have to hedge your bets. What's more likely, Legwand helps fill a void and improve the team, or Andersson becomes a serviceable 1C and Jarnkrok is a superstar?

EDIT

Instead of superstar let's say better than Legwand.

Edited by Dave

I reckon this trade deserves a little respect. If it isn't made our centres for the next few weeks are Anderson, Sheahan, Glendenning, and Emmerton! That's a lets give up the season and tank it line up. Call me crazy but I'm glad to support an organization that doesn't just quit. None of us know what other teams were in on Legwand, if Jarnkrok was what was the Preds required to make it happen, so be it. He's a solid producer, and while we need D long term I'm happy we've got some help to get us to the dance. Bring back the big guns then, and we're a good looking team!

This is why holland should just sit on his hands on deadline day. I think Jarnkrok + 1st could have gotten Edler and actually solved a problem for once.

Also Holland said he wouldn't make a move for a rental - well that meant jack squat.

Or another dman just cuz certain players didn't get moved doesn't mean they werent up for trade....

This is why holland should just sit on his hands on deadline day. I think Jarnkrok + 1st could have gotten Edler and actually solved a problem for once.

Also Holland said he wouldn't make a move for a rental - well that meant jack squat.

Actual trades made today say pretty much otherwise.

You have to hedge your bets. What's more likely, Legwand helps fill a void and improve the team, or Andersson becomes a serviceable 1C and Jarnkrok is a superstar?

EDIT

Instead of superstar let's say better than Legwand.

Hedge what bets? Even with Legwand they aren't a contender, they still are a bubble team that will have to claw into the playoffs and then will have to play Boston or Pittsburgh with their depleted forwards and ramshackle defense. So instead of having a really good first round pick, they play 4-6 more hockey games than they would have otherwise and draft lower.

This kind of baseless speculation doesn't help anything. I mean I have a very hard time believing there is a huge conspiracy against Holland that other teams won't deal with him.

The more realistic possibilities are that A) Holland low balls the other GMs and they won't pull the trigger, or B) That Holland when faced with a fair deal is unwilling to pull the trigger.

Given the news about Datsyuk this deal stinks of a desperation move on Holland's part. It completely contradicts his stated strategy of not dealing youth they are high on or high draft picks and especially not for rentals, but trying to deal roster players and depth prospects in what he called a 'hockey trade;.

My point is that there's not enough evidence for speculation. We just don't know what goes on.

Hedge what bets? Even with Legwand they aren't a contender, they still are a bubble team that will have to claw into the playoffs and then will have to play Boston or Pittsburgh with their depleted forwards and ramshackle defense. So instead of having a really good first round pick, they play 4-6 more hockey games than they would have otherwise and draft lower.

Can't say enough

Edited by brooklynsour

Yep...exactly. Jarnkrok is a peice I bet Vancouver would looked at a big part of a Edler deal.

My point is that there's not enough evidence for speculation. We just don't know what goes on.

I can tell you based upon what we saw today that Detroit got hosed. I can tell you based upon Holland's own statements and the information available that the deals that were offered for players like Yandle and Jbo (among others) were in the same ballpark as what other teams were asked or actually paid. So I have to believe that Holland is the issue, not the 29 other GMs.