• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

My issue is this: are we 100% sure Jarnkrock is going back to Sweden? If he is why would Nashville want him? My guess is they will offer him a roster spot next year, which is what we could have done this year to see whether he would be ready to play full time. Not only that but Nashville might get our 2nd rounder if we make the Playoffs, which is just crazy, when comparing to what Vanek and Moulson went for.

Edited by wings87

Let's have a look at the positives of this trade though:

1. Legwand has 40 points in 60 games under Barry Trotz's Nashville system

2. Legwand waived his NTC to come here, has a place here, so chances are he re-signs here (hopefully for a good cap hit)

3. Our centre depth is ridiculous, and will be for at least another 4-5 years (D,Z, Legwand, Weiss, Helm, Sheahan, Andy, Glendening) which made Jarnkrok expendable (Babcock would have none of that attitude)

4. Legwand has managed to stay relatively healthy most of his career, whereas our other centres are made of glass right now

5. He's got great speed and is a decent 2 way centre (you can't play in Nashville if you're not a 2 way player)

All in all, Legwand makes our team look much, much better. He gives us a chance at the playoffs, especially since Datsyuk is now out for three weeks and Helm is out. Andersson as our 1C for one game is one game too many. On another note, I absolutely love Sheahan and his line. Their shifts are easily our most exciting shifts each game.

Thank you. That is easily one of the deepest center positions in the league.

You guys are insane, to say he makes us much better lol.... Like I said before its because of injuries Holland brought leg wand..... I pray we don't resign him,,,, and if we miss the playoffs (we wont) I wanna still hear how it was a good trade

It helps if you come to the table with an actual rebuttal, stats, or an arguement as to why you feel the way you do. Just saying that Legwand is a scrub really doesn't give you much to stand on.

Hell, I hope we sign Legwand. He is the kind of player that we need. 40 points in 60 games and I think he has a lot of upside to his game.

Edited by Nightfall

lol what is this wrestling? (hence the highlighted word from your post).

im jk i agree some people are overreacting.

You shut your mouth jabroni or you'll get the people's as a crack right up your elbow!!!

*blinks*

I'm not doing this right, am I? :lol:

Let's have a look at the positives of this trade though:

1. Legwand has 40 points in 60 games under Barry Trotz's Nashville system

2. Legwand waived his NTC to come here, has a place here, so chances are he re-signs here (hopefully for a good cap hit)

3. Our centre depth is ridiculous, and will be for at least another 4-5 years (D,Z, Legwand, Weiss, Helm, Sheahan, Andy, Glendening) which made Jarnkrok expendable (Babcock would have none of that attitude)

4. Legwand has managed to stay relatively healthy most of his career, whereas our other centres are made of glass right now

5. He's got great speed and is a decent 2 way centre (you can't play in Nashville if you're not a 2 way player)

All in all, Legwand makes our team look much, much better. He gives us a chance at the playoffs, especially since Datsyuk is now out for three weeks and Helm is out. Andersson as our 1C for one game is one game too many. On another note, I absolutely love Sheahan and his line. Their shifts are easily our most exciting shifts each game.

I agree with this! We need more well thought out posts like this.

I wonder what number he's going to wear for us.

Assuming he re-signs, does he get the 11 from Alfie after he leaves?

I'm still pretty excited that we got Legwand, we were in desperate need of a center after Helm went down again. As others have said, if Jarnkrok actually bolts for Sweden then we definitely got the better end of this deal.

If we wouldn't all be injured he would stay in Nashville.....

And it might have been worst trade of the day

You need to start posting some kind of factual reply instead of just an ongoing rant that "He's garbage, He's a scrub" without any kind of speck of argument to back up your opinion. It's been pages of these replies now.

He's a leader, he's consistent, and even on a below average team he's put together a respectable career. He fills out a center position that we drastically need right now. I'd love to hear all of these negatives that give you such a foul opinion of the guy.

So going into tomorrow night, the lines are?

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Abdelkader-Andersson-Alfredsson

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Bertuzzi

Gonna be tough against Colorado for sure, but Legwand gives us extra juice Friday against Jersey, because we need those 2 points.

everyone include I are not angry about legwand himself.

angry cause of what we couldve had for the same trade. bigger names

and what i think we needed more. DEFENSE

Can you elaborate on what high end defense men were traded today? I'm asking because I honestly don't know.

Guest RyaN_84

You shut your mouth jabroni or you'll get the people's as a crack right up your elbow!!!

*blinks*

I'm not doing this right, am I? :lol:

LOL sure?

but yeah only time will tell how good/bad this trade will be.

I disagree. Every prospect who was traded was considered to be a great prospect. Look at the Gaborik trade. The prospect there only led D1 in scoring, and has a great upside to him. All of that for a rental that has been injury prone. I could go on and on here, but here is the point....

Just because you don't recognize the player doesn't mean he was a scrub. You have to look at each player traded and make an honest assessment of their skill. No one got away with a steal.

Penner for a 4th....steal.

Fasth for a 4th...maybe the steal of the season. Other than the Vanek return to Buffalo

Vanek for a 2nd and Collberg...HUGE trade for Montreal. Just what this says to your team and fans is enough but he is exactly what they need...ive seen rentals of his pedigree go for three times that much.

And there are more.

This is so short sighted. Actually Jarnkrok is out performing Sheahans rookie AHL year and he actually has an excuse (moving from the big ice) to have a rough transition. Just because Sheahan is on the big club doesnt mean he's better. Sheahan is likely a third line player long term. If were lucky, he's somewhere between Abby and Mule. Jarnkrok has always been billed as a poor mans Zetterberg and has been playing against men since he was 17.

Then he should, "act like a man," not talk about exiting back to Europe, and stick around the Griffs until it's his time.

All this trade bashing is nuts. And here's my opinion as to why:

Our top 4 centres are out right now. Legwand gives up a guy who could fill the gap until Datsyuk comes back, and then solidifies our bottom half

We have great depth in at C, and giving up a guy who is completely unproven and most likely 3 years away from having the same if not better impact than Legwand will have

We are a better team today now than we were yesterday

If Legwand plays better than Weiss, and we are able to re-sign him, then maybe we move Weiss

As an aside - Eaves wasn't going to stick, so it's good that he now gets a chance for regular playing time.

Oh and everyone's whining about how KH doesn't do anything every single year. But here, finally he makes a move that is productive, welcomed, and didn't mortgage either the future significantly nor hamper our current roster, adding a proven NHLer who is good at both ends of the ice. Sounds like a win win to me.

Edited by wings4thecup06

Well I'm totally stunned that you all don't find this as a helpful move. Guy can kill penalties play the Powerplay, be on the ice in the final minute. Tough to move good defensive center. Jarnkrock is a lot to give up but the streak is still alive with this move and who knows! If Dats Weiss and Helm get back this team is pretty darn deap at center.

This is so short sighted. Actually Jarnkrok is out performing Sheahans rookie AHL year and he actually has an excuse (moving from the big ice) to have a rough transition. Just because Sheahan is on the big club doesnt mean he's better. Sheahan is likely a third line player long term. If were lucky, he's somewhere between Abby and Mule. Jarnkrok has always been billed as a poor mans Zetterberg and has been playing against men since he was 17.

I think its best not to overinflate his value to the organization. He is a good prospect, but not a super one. The sooner you realize that, the better. You seem to know that he is going to light it up in the NHL, which he hasn't had a glimpse of it yet. To say he is going to be the next Zetterberg is taking a pretty big leap of faith.

@mabusincarnate to give up what we did for a mediocre player past his prime, he'll be another cleary Bert Weiss.... I don't need any factual stats I seen him play he's nothing special and certainly not someone who will 'help carry' this team with our real stars injured....

I am convinced that people here are more pissed off that Holland didn't trade scraps to get legit talent. No team wants our crap for solid NHL players.

Here is a hint people.....

You have to give up talent to get talent.

Lots of talent was given up for a UFA Vanek...