• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shinzaki

Callahan called up from GR.....

Rate this topic

I'm fine with this. Ferraro was ok, I guess. But his speed covered up for the fact that he wasn't prepared for the speed of the NHL game, and the effects that this has on your decision making threshold. He was hurried, and played like he was hurried.

Edited by kipwinger

Unfortunately Ferraro proved why he had not been called up yet. While we have had numerous great storylines of young kids taking their piece of the pie, Ferraro was not one of them. Nor was Pulkinen fro that matter (but this is his first yr in NA and he is a scorer who needs minutes, whole different scenario). Heres to hoping Callahan plays with a burr in his saddle and makes some noise.

Unfortunately Ferraro proved why he had not been called up yet. While we have had numerous great storylines of young kids taking their piece of the pie, Ferraro was not one of them. Nor was Pulkinen fro that matter (but this is his first yr in NA and he is a scorer who needs minutes, whole different scenario). Heres to hoping Callahan plays with a burr in his saddle and makes some noise.

Sheahan, Nyquist, and Tatar grabbed all their piece of the pie after being invited to dinner three times. All three have played in games dating back to the 11-12 season. In fact, only Jurco really made his case with his first shot this year.

Although I don't have high hopes for him, this was only Ferraro's first shot. Just thought I'd point that out.

Tootoo just isn't what Babs wanted, I do not even know why Holland signed him. I would assume that he asks Babs what players he is interested in signing. Oh well, Tootoo just came off his best offensive production year and was still under 30. Good for Callahan though, maybe we'll see 4 or 5 games of what he has. We all know he is one of those kids that cannot go back down when the season starts in October. Decision's will have to be made!

I'm fine with this. Ferraro was ok, I guess. But his speed covered up for the fact that he wasn't prepared for the speed of the NHL game, and the effects that this has on your decision making threshold. He was hurried, and played like he was hurried.

I mostly agree with you, but I also think he didn't have enough time to get comfortable. I'm also not in love with the fact that Babs threw him in the deep end and made him kill penalties right away, even though he did a decent job on the PK.

I mostly agree with you, but I also think he didn't have enough time to get comfortable. I'm also not in love with the fact that Babs threw him in the deep end and made him kill penalties right away, even though he did a decent job on the PK.

I mean, I definitely don't think he looked terrible. I just think he looked like he was in a bit over his head, like Sheahan did in call ups the first couple of years. The good thing for Ferraro is the fact that he's got legit NHL speed. If he can keep his focus on defense and pk he'll have a job just because he can skate.

I mean, I definitely don't think he looked terrible. I just think he looked like he was in a bit over his head, like Sheahan did in call ups the first couple of years. The good thing for Ferraro is the fact that he's got legit NHL speed. If he can keep his focus on defense and pk he'll have a job just because he can skate.

Ya his speed and size reminds me of Jan Mursak.. or maybe thats just because he is right handed. But I hope he doesn't follow the same trajectory. Wings keep burying him, something happens so they can keep him on the roster and then eventually he gets to old to be a prospect anymore and they cut ties.

Wrong or right, I've kinda been comparing him to Glendening; but with scoring potential.

Ya his speed and size reminds me of Jan Mursak.. or maybe thats just because he is right handed. But I hope he doesn't follow the same trajectory. Wings keep burying him, something happens so they can keep him on the roster and then eventually he gets to old to be a prospect anymore and they cut ties.

Mursak would have gotten much more ample opportunity to make the roster if he had been able to stay healthy in 2010-11 and 2011-12. But, he couldn't.

Well deserved, should've had it over Ferraro imo in the first place. I know someone mentioned Pulkkinen not looking that great but its true that hes a scorer. Callahan and Ferraro will both be getting looks in the role that they will be playing next year. Ferraro didnt look ready, lets see what Callahan has. Hes had a much better season than Ferraro to date and is a heavier/stockier guy who wont look so weak out there hopefully.

He could give us another presence similar to Glendening out there with legit agitator ability, middleweight scrapper and a PKer. Not sure his goal scoring will ever really transfer but hes shown he can bang in rebounds and tip shots, any scoring from the fourth line is welcome in my eyes.

Hopefully he plays wing over Emmerton on Tuesday. He also leads GR in shorthanded goals

Ferraro I think can grow into a solid NHLer. It will just take him time. It took him a while to adjust to the AHL level as well, and now he is a very big part of that team's success. Some guys just need more time to grow than others.

Don't wanna bring up the jarnkrok debate here but why didn't more people say what you just said about ferraro towards him? What you just said described jarnkrok perfectly before he got dealt

As for Callahan I can't wait to finally see him play for the redwings

Now that you mentioned Mursak, I definitely see the resemblance.