• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Trotz hasn't won anything at the NHL level. He's never even been past the second round in the playoffs. In other words, he sucks.

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Pretty much, the owner said, "Barry, it was fun, it was great, but its time to step down.  Step down after the season.  Did you hear me correctly, I think it would be wise to step down after the season."

paraphrasing of course.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#23 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

He should demand a trade to pittsburgh,if he wants to make the playoffs every year,No offesense to the Detroit Red Wings

but we all know that he isn't going anywhere,he has accepted that he is a nashville predator for a long time

Not making the playoffs is like the last thing you can relate to the Detroit Red Wings.

Edited by L3T5G0W1NG5, 09 April 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#24 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Trotz hasn't won anything at the NHL level. He's never even been past the second round in the playoffs. In other words, he sucks.

He doesn't suck,but it would have been nice to have  him coached the preds to a stanley cup,that has always been the dream of the preds  fans to say that our only  coach in the teams history coached them to a stanley cup

#25 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Makes sense for the leafs

#26 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

He doesn't suck,but it would have been nice to have  him coached the preds to a stanley cup,that has always been the dream of the preds  fans to say that our only  coach in the teams history coached them to a stanley cup

No offense, but not even Babcock could coach the Preds to a Stanley Cup.

#27 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

No offense, but not even Babcock could coach the Preds to a Stanley Cup.

yeah,you are probably right about that,but one day the Stanley Cup will be coming to Nashville

#28 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

TROTZ%2B-%2BBarry%2B-%2B1979-1982%2B-%2B

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#29 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

yeah,you are probably right about that,but one day the Stanley Cup will be coming to Nashville

It makes an appearance for the All-Star Game, I think. :D
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#30 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

The Dating Game: Three Possible Suitors for Nashville's Head Coaching Job

Assuming the Nashville Predators make a head coaching change at season's end, which candidate would best implement a new perspective and philosophy for the Blue and Gold? Peter Laviolette, Guy Boucher and Lane Lambert have different methods and levels of success in hockey, but can any of them turn the ship around for Nashville?

http://www.onthefore...tors-head-coach

#31 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Honestly, this is the second time a Tennessee topic was created on this forum. The first one was closed. I understand that this is hockey related - however, even though the Nashville Predators forum was closed, this shouldn't be your second home for Nashville Predators discussion.

#32 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Honestly, this is the second time a Tennessee topic was created on this forum. The first one was closed. I understand that this is hockey related - however, even though the Nashville Predators forum was closed, this shouldn't be your second home for Nashville Predators discussion.

You don't decide what is threadworthy or not.

We welcome fans from other teams here as long as they abide by forum rules like everyone else.  If you don't like a thread, don't participate in it.  If it is against forum rules, report it. 

#33 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

Trotz seems like a good person and a guy who is devoted to the game. If he is fired I hope he can one day find peace in his search for Moose and Squirrel.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#34 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

i did not start the topic,it was a red wings fan  that started it,so please stop taking it out on me and the last i check that  this was a place to discuss the detroit red wings,NHL, and Hockey in general

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 09 April 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#35 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

What is this? A Red Wings only forum?

One of the oldest threads that pops up from time to time is about the Leafs.

Anyhow, I think Trotz would be great in Edmonton. I wouldn't wish it on him to go up to Vancouver...

#36 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

i did not start the topic,it was a red wings fan  that started it,so please stop taking it out on me and the last i check that  this was a place to discuss the detroit red wings,NHL, and Hockey in general

Predsfan,

Don't take everyones comments to heart. i enjoy seeing your input from another fan base and you contribute accurately and respectfully, its good seeing other points of view. the only other option on this board is 100% negativity in an irrational way.

#37 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

I wish no neck could stay:-( he's a great coach imo, and think he'd have us back in playoffs if not next year, the year after. With Jones and Jarnkrok young up and comers and Webber, future looks bright...let's go pRed Wings

#38 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

One of the best in the game IMO.

If I'm the Leafs, Canucks, or Oilers, I'm looking hard at this guy.  

Capitals too.  Maybe he can coach Ovechkin in this thing called "back-checking"

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#39 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

having mixed feelings about this,i like trotz and he is a good coach that works hard with what he has got,but as shea weber said yesterday after losing to the Stars:It sucks. I hate it. Everyone in here hates it, and it's not a good feeling. Something's got to change. We have to get better, and we have to find a way to get into the postseason."

Spend to the cap.

#40 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

I'd love to see what trotz could do with the young/skilled forward group on the oilers. And I'm sure they'd love to have him.... basically depends on what he wants to do. Toronto does make sense as much as I'd rather see him elsewhere..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."