• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

ECQF - Series A - Bruins versus Red Wings

Rate this topic

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2014/04/eastern-conference-first-round-playoff-preview.html

7. "If you look at their history," said one exec, "If you're going to get Boston, you might as well get them in the first round." The last three seasons, they've gone to a Game 7 overtime in the opening stage, winning two and losing one.

This is awesome. "When all else fails, why NOT support a historic franchise with excellent coaching, solid young player development, and consistently sane management"? Yes: Detroit. No: Philadelphia.

Truer words were never spoken.

What makes that more awesome, is if you look up the guys twitter handle (in upper right)....he's a Flyers fan.

I like how he defined the East as Boston and Detroit.

This is awesome. "When all else fails, why NOT support a historic franchise with excellent coaching, solid young player development, and consistently sane management"? Yes: Detroit. No: Philadelphia.

Truer words were never spoken.

I like "how much assholery does rescuing puppies make up for?"

If you choose "A lot" then you can root for the Blues (Backes being the a-hole in question).

I like "how much assholery does rescuing puppies make up for?"

If you choose "A lot" then you can root for the Blues (Backes being the a-hole in question).

Yeah, I got a pretty big chuckle out of that as well. Still love Backes though.

Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here first, two bold predictions for this series. The Datsyuk and Bergeron lines cancel one another out thus freeing up the eventual reconstituted Legwand, Franzen, and Nyquist line and the Goose gets loose. SECONDLY, and this is the big one...after taking some time to identify the mismatch and grow comfortable with it, Uncle Mike matches up the kid line against the Krejci, Iginla, Lucic line and the latter never get to another loose puck for the remainder of the series. Speed kills.

Bonus Prediction: Wings in five. f*** you Boston.

I work with a guy from Boston. I had to deal with the Tigers loss already in the fall when I thought the Tigers were better. This would be perfect redemption.

I thought the exact same thing. And the Tigers were better, let's not kid ourselves. You can thank that loss on the masterful bullpin management of Jimbo.

I keep on hearing we've got no Chance. We will not win this series. No one is picking Detroit.

''Just because you were the best team in the Regular Season didn't actually mean you were going to be the best team in the Playoffs. Didn't #17 Brown say that before in 1998? About the Dallas Stars when they won the Presidents Trophy when we had to play them to get back into the Finals in 1998?

I think enough has been said alrighty about this Series it is just time to Drop the Puck alrighty!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986

Its good though that no one is picking the wings, and everyone is ready to hand the Bruins the series in 6. It basically means all the pressure is on Boston, and if we can steal a game on the road, this is going to get really interesting.

I think they all might be pleasantly surprised after this weekend.

Everybody is making it seem like the Bruins are some kind of unstoppable juggernaut like the 2002 Wings, and that nobody even stands a chance against what is undoubtedly the most awesomely built team in decades.

They're a one seed. I get it. You don't get to be a one seed by being bad. But it's nothing new or scary. It's just hype. They've got weaknesses and strengths like everyone else. Speed, grit, and timely goaltending from Jimmy could give them fits. They're not immune to it.

The more I think about it, the more I like our chances. If they stick with the lines in practice today I like the matchups it creates.

1. Pav on Bergerons line will be practically a stalemate neither side really has an advantage on the wings and that matchup features two of the best two way centers in the game.

2. Kid line on Krejci line (credit to Kip for this glorious idea). Kids will have the puck the whole time because they're hounds and fast. And I'm not worried about then getting crunched because you can't hit what you can't catch. Alternative to this is Glendenings line on this line to just shut them down. That's probably what Babs will go with but I don't like it as much

3. Helm on Soderberg. Franzen on Eriksson. Alfie on... Paille? I think. That one will be close too.

4. Glendening on Campbell. Beat em up hockey. If that's the matchup we can thank David Legwand for tilting the offensive advantage in our favor.

If everything goes as planned we should ride David Legwand, the kid line, and Jimmy Howard to the conference semi's.

I'm excited.

I reckon they'll put Glendening out there against either Bergeron or Krejci's lines just because they can play that suffocating, shut down style. But we'll see. In all honesty, the first game will most likely be slightly tentative as both teams figure each other out.

I reckon they'll put Glendening out there against either Bergeron or Krejci's lines just because they can play that suffocating, shut down style. But we'll see. In all honesty, the first game will most likely be slightly tentative as both teams figure each other out.

I doubt it will be that tentatively played. Both teams want the first win, they've played 4 times this year already, granted it probably won't be the most full throttle game, but I don't expect either team to just sit back

The Hockey News people are smoking crack.. WTF??

Here are the most likely series sweeps in Round 1:

1. Pittsburgh over Columbus
2. Anaheim over Dallas

3. Boston over Detroit

The Bruins have gone to Game 7 in Round 1 three straight times. After last year’s heart-stopping comeback over Toronto, surely the B’s have learned their lesson and will try to bring out the brooms instead of the defibrillators this time around.

4. Chicago over St. Louis

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/four-most-likely-sweeps-in-the-first-round/

Here are my predictions/hoping for: Franzen stops floating and is a real threat. kid line continues dominance, nyquist goes back to flaming hot, pav is back to his form and wins us the series, wings in 7, but the only thing making me nervous is rask vs howard=(