• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#61 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

The thing with a guy like Lucic, is if the NHL doesn't take care of him, he won't stop. When Weber slammed Z, and Bert responded the next game, he was noticeably less physical for the rest of that series. Even if we had a guy like E healthy to challenge Lucic to fight, that would only serve to help Lucic because it would make him want to take another run or cheapshot on a guy to get the hate boiling. The Wings have to stay composed and focus on the hockey, the fastest team to win 4 games wins the series, not the toughest. The Bruins could've pummeled the Blackhawks last year, but it wouldn't have changed the result. Speed and skill kills, I just wanna see the boys win. Any more dirt and the league should step in. 

#NOMOREKINDL

#62 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

So grabbing your balls is five times more egregious than spearing someone in their balls. Gotta love the "New NHL".

#63 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

I don't usually go there either.  Just saying...that's what I thought.

http://hfboards.hock...5&postcount=588

That's actually really funny, especially from a Bruins fan. Surprisingly I missed that

#64 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

That's actually really funny, especially from a Bruins fan. Surprisingly I missed that

A lot of them are aight, but just like anywhere, there are some babies.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#65 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

Tootoo would probably get manhandled due to size differences. I think its best we just let them do their thing and we keep on chugging along. Let them get distracted trying to be physical. 

Agreed.  Lucic is a POS for a move like this.  But the Wings shouldn't engage the Bruins.  That's exactly what Boston is hoping for.  

In the playoffs the best way for this Wings roster to deal with a rat like Marchand and dirty player like Lucic is not to respond to all to their cheapshots. 

#66 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Agreed.  Lucic is a POS for a move like this.  But the Wings shouldn't engage the Bruins.  That's exactly what Boston is hoping for.  

In the playoffs the best way for this Wings roster to deal with a rat like Marchand and dirty player like Lucic is not to respond to all to their cheapshots. 

Actually I saw on the Bruins forum that they are all Pissed at our "turn the other cheek" method and they want us to fall into their trap. It's even getting under the fans skin as well as the players. Keep doing what you're doing wings :)

#67 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

@RedWingsFeed: Report: No fine or suspension for Perrys spear on Benn: Memo to... http://t.co/sYZg0xLznA via @NHLonNBCSports #RedWings #BOSvsDET

Wow, NHL. Wow.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#68 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hey ... a thought just came to me: 

Edited by RedWingsRox, 19 April 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#69 twopups

twopups

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Your lips to YFMB's ear...

And LuSICK's lips to my arse, His character is as ugly as that big nose stuck on  his revolting face.

#70 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Well, they made an example of spearing when Lucic did it in March - he simply got a warning.  So if they were to fine Perry, for his first offense, that would go against precedence, which is grounds for a labor complaint. 

Here's the thing, though... Lucic admits to doing it TWICE in a month ("I mean, I haven't done that but unfortunately I've done it twice in the last little bit here,") and all he gets is a MINUTE fine.  Again, it is 0.0008% of his salary.  That is 1/1250 of his paycheck... or, if we consider hockey a 24-hour-per-day job, 7-days per week throughout the entire year... fining him for six hours of work.  Total.

So he paid off his punishment by basically sleeping.

The coach says...

"Our video doesn't show it, so I can't comment on it," he said. "I think it was seen on another station and I haven't looked at it yet, so I can't say much about it. But obviously if it's serious enough to get a call then hopefully he has to adjust and rectify that, so I've heard of it but haven't seen it."

So if it doesn't get a call... he doesn't have to rectify it?  Whatever. Doosh.

Edited by _SP_, 19 April 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#71 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

The coach says...

"Our video doesn't show it, so I can't comment on it," he said. "I think it was seen on another station and I haven't looked at it yet, so I can't say much about it. But obviously if it's serious enough to get a call then hopefully he has to adjust and rectify that, so I've heard of it but haven't seen it."

So if it doesn't get a call... he doesn't have to rectify it?  Whatever. Doosh.

Babcock on Julien ... you are never working with me in the Olympics again.  

grant_g_babcock_sl_640.jpg?w=524

Edited by RedWingsRox, 19 April 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#72 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

The thing with a guy like Lucic, is if the NHL doesn't take care of him, he won't stop. When Weber slammed Z, and Bert responded the next game, he was noticeably less physical for the rest of that series. Even if we had a guy like E healthy to challenge Lucic to fight, that would only serve to help Lucic because it would make him want to take another run or cheapshot on a guy to get the hate boiling. The Wings have to stay composed and focus on the hockey, the fastest team to win 4 games wins the series, not the toughest. The Bruins could've pummeled the Blackhawks last year, but it wouldn't have changed the result. Speed and skill kills, I just wanna see the boys win. Any more dirt and the league should step in. 

For a 5k fine I would return the favor and see how he likes it .  With our luck we would get a 5 minute major and a suspension..scrap that idea lol 

Edited by puckbags, 19 April 2014 - 05:35 PM.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#73 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

For a 5k fine I would return the favor and see how he likes it .  With our luck we would get a 5 minute major and a suspension..scrap that idea lol 

:lol: Yeah really though, big Lucic gets away with it, a skilled guy on the Wings pulls that and he's gone for a game.

#NOMOREKINDL

#74 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

What I'd like to see is the wings keep their composure and win the series without stooping to the petty cheap shots.
And then I'd like their first meeting next season for someone to go out and pummel that idiot and let him know that people don't forget. Ha

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#75 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

The NHL needs to at the VERY LEAST raise their fine limits ...

NHL?! Say "thank you very much" to that ******* players union first! Here is an example why these defenseless individuals need protection from .... (well, you name what they need protection from)

On the other hand, NHL can handle a game or two to this piece of dog s*** easlily but, for some reason, did not.

Edited by ami, 19 April 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#76 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

:lol: Yeah really though, big Lucic gets away with it, a skilled guy on the Wings pulls that and he's gone for a game.

i wonder how they would justify suspending one but not the other...

wait nevermind, it's the nhl, they don't justify anything

#77 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Easy now...I'm sure it won't be long until we see a stupid hit from Kronwall. I don't like that Lucic did this  either. It's the playoffs and the league hates to suspend a team's best player in the playoffs, though there is some precedence. Every team has had this done to a player in the playoffs for decades. Teams are so use to it it's not funny. So Lucic is the first player in the history of the NHL to take his stick to another player’s sack? DD should send a check today for the next game retaliation. Pay it in advance. $5,000 is chump change, Lucic can make that $5K back in 2 shift’s . Next time he should check into the boards. It’s not a head shot…all DD has to do is put some ice on his sack and move on….he’s only making a AHL salary.

#78 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Easy now...I'm sure it won't be long until we see a stupid hit from Kronwall. I don't like that Lucic did this  either. It's the playoffs and the league hates to suspend a team's best player in the playoffs, though there is some precedence. Every team has had this done to a player in the playoffs for decades. Teams are so use to it it's not funny. So Lucic is the first player in the history of the NHL to take his stick to another player’s sack? DD should send a check today for the next game retaliation. Pay it in advance. $5,000 is chump change, Lucic can make that $5K back in 2 shift’s . Next time he should check into the boards. It’s not a head shot…all DD has to do is put some ice on his sack and move on….he’s only making a AHL salary.

i would love for you to find a dirty hit from kronwall, he may have some "borderline" hits, but they are all within the boundaries still, and all legal. just cause you don't like them doesn't make them dirty. Kronwall has never blatently sacked a guy, and it wasn't even the first time for lucic

also DD never played in the ahl, (aside from the lockout and after we got knocked out last year) he has an nhl contract, he may not be making $6m/year like that spot picking thug on your team, but he is still on his first ever contract, and will be making significantly more next year

#79 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

That fine isn't even a slap on the wrist. What does Lucic have to do to get a suspension? Chop his dick off? It's the second time in two weeks, how's that not an attempt to injure?

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#80 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Sport has become so pussified. Where are all the men in this game like Mac, Shanny, Kocur, Stevens, Krupp, Hull and all those guys? WTF happened? Hell even Yzerman would take people out when necessary and he was a skill player.

Tough guys are still here. But the rules make it stupid to defend yourself. It is far more advantageous for a team to have a dirty player than to defend oneself.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.