• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (4) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

Lol wings 6 goals in 5 games montreal 4 goals in 1 game. They may play a similar style as the wings, but they are not the same team.

Biggest thing I see is experience. They also have one of the best rivalries in hockey (if not the best). These two teams just hate each other, Wings don't have that in the East yet. And then there's the fact that Montreal is to Rask what Detroit was to Turco.

Bruins diving all over the place trying to get calls too. I didn't watch most of game 1 and missed the first today, but I have not seen MTL diving yet. I love how Boston is starting to get rattled. If they lose both at home they might be in for a world of hurt.

It's funny how Pierre has this love affair with pointing out when a player is holding a Bruin's stick. He did it a little while ago and he did it last series with Z, the only problem being that they are only holding the stick because the Bruin player is waving it around dangerously.

Calling penalties on those "good old time hockey plays" make wonders.

Being the only team from Canada helps refs whistles.

Did you even watch the first game? LOL

they stopped calling penalties in the third. In this type of game Boston could score 10 against almost any team in the East, There is only one "but". it is not hockey :)

PS Next game will be given to Monthreal. I'm going to test my "beloved" NHL with some money :)

For a long time, I've always regarded P.K. Subban as a class act. Often, I believe people confuse his swagger on the ice, for arrogance off the ice...something I've never seen out of him. He's a competitive guy, and a young guy, and that shows when he plays. But if you ever needed proof that he's got class, here's this quote about the racist tweets and insults hurled at him from Boston fans. Atta boy P.K.!

"It's completely unfair for anybody to point the finger at the organization or the fan base," Subban said. "They have passionate fans here, a great fan base and since I've been in the league it's been awesome. I've come to Boston many times, my family has come here, and it's been great."

Subban said Saturday that what people say on Twitter or social media is not a reflection of the league or the Bruins. He went on to say that it is unfortunate when the attention is taken away from the game being played on the ice.

"You know what the funny thing is, is that we get stronger as a league, you see how people come together and it's great," Subban said. "And it's not just about me. The NHL has tons of players from different backgrounds, from different places around the world and that's what makes this league so special and that's what makes sports so special, it brings everybody together."

Win or lose, I hope some Red Wings (the "kids" in particular) are watching Montreal's commitment to backchecking and fearlessness in getting traffic in front of Rask. You don't have to be bigger than the Bruins to beat them, but you do have to outplay them.

I'd rather be watching Nyquist regain his scoring touch and Datsyuk turning his name into an adjective on the ice and Howard silencing the critics -- but that wasn't in the cards and this series is better than nothing. I can't bring myself to get excited about CHI-MIN or the battle in SoCal. Rangers-Pens? meh. As the second round goes, this series is where it's at.

Dang...what a pass and goal.

PK Subban to Vanek to Plekanec (sing it like a rap its cool lol)

Someone needs to tell Reilly to get his head up after that one (and the Kronwalling).

Edited by rrasco