• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (4) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

I can't believe a Habs team coached by Michele Therrien is this much better than the Red Wings. But, credit where it's due.

Their GM knows how to build a team and make proper trade deadline acquisitions.

Guest DeGraa55

Its true. Just look at all the cups hes won!!!! :rolleyes:

I wish Holland knew how to do that.

I wish I could be handed the reins of a roster that was all ready built then be lucky in my drafts and get guys in late rounds that become good.

It's like the Tom Brady in New England deal. Some not intelligent people are like OMG THEIR SCOUTING SO GOOD THEY GOT SUPER BOWL WINNIG QB IN THE 6th ROUND!!!!

when in reality it was LUCK. Same idea in the NHL. The almost "sure things" go in round one or two. After that it's just a guess. Luckily the wings have guess right a lot so far...

I wish I could be handed the reins of a roster that was all ready built then be lucky in my drafts and get guys in late rounds that become good.

It's like the Tom Brady in New England deal. Some not intelligent people are like OMG THEIR SCOUTING SO GOOD THEY GOT SUPER BOWL WINNIG QB IN THE 6th ROUND!!!!

when in reality it was LUCK. Same idea in the NHL. The almost "sure things" go in round one or two. After that it's just a guess. Luckily the wings have guess right a lot so far...

It's much more than luck.

That's for the scientific input!!! I didn't realize it was luck all these years, and Montreal was just cutting everyone else some slack

Credit Montreal for doubling Detroit's win total v Boston, but I'm not exactly giving them the cup just yet.

They beat a Tampa team that was missing their Vezina finalist, and through three games w/ Boston they've managed to get a jump on the Bruins. They're also giving a clinic for the ages in how not to close out playoff games. I don't know if it's coaching or if they're legitimately getting worn down 30-40 minutes into each game this series, but it's ugly.

I guess as long as you win, it's fine, but they're only halfway there. Game 4 is huge. I think the winner takes the series. Can they keep on getting to Rask early? I have to think that one of these games, the Bs will manage not to dig themselves an early hole, and they may be built a bit better for protecting leads.

Either way, I doubt this series gets boring.

I'd just like to see Emelin sit Lucic on his ass with a nice, big, clean, hit. No dirty stuff, no suspensions, just step into him in the open ice...hard. Emelin's a good hitter, he can manage it.

Then again maybe I won't have to worry about it if Boston doesn't figure out some way of stopping Subban from carving them up.

I'm really confused by this series. You mean it's actually possible for a team to score more than once or twice a game against Boston? I wish someone would have told the Wings this.

I think it's largely just the rivalry. Games between these two teams sort of exist outside of time and space and stats and reason and stuff. Everything goes out the window; it really just comes down to which team wants it more. Same deal with what the Wings and 'hawks have had for the past few seasons, especially last year. We pushed them to seven games not because we were that good, but because we always bring it against Chicago.

I think it's largely just the rivalry. Games between these two teams sort of exist outside of time and space and stats and reason and stuff. Everything goes out the window; it really just comes down to which team wants it more. Same deal with what the Wings and 'hawks have had for the past few seasons, especially last year. We pushed them to seven games not because we were that good, but because we always bring it against Chicago.

At the same time, though, full credit to the Habs for being a really good team. Historically, I hate Therrien, but I feel like his "Okay, wut wur gonna do is wur gunna show some f****** pride. And wur gunna show some f****** skillz to put deir f****** heads troo dah glass. Becuss, unterstandt dis: we got belief in are systum, and we got dah abilities, and we got dah goaltending, and we got dah scoring. And if we put deir f****** heads troo duh glass, wur gonna come out on toppa dis. I truly believe dat. Do you believe dat? [loud show of belief in dat] Let's f****** do dis. Put thur f****** heads troo duh glass" is actually kind of perfect for this team and its rivalry with the Bruins. Everyone talks up their speed and skill, but their physicality is underrated and, I think, a big reason why they can hang with the Bruins.

I'm really confused by this series. You mean it's actually possible for a team to score more than once or twice a game against Boston? I wish someone would have told the Wings this.

I know it was popular to think so after the Boston-Detroit series, but the truth is the Bruins are not some super team or "the best team in recent memory" as some were suggesting. Apparently they're perfectly human if you don't make dumb personnel decisions and actually execute a game plan.

I know it was popular to think so after the Boston-Detroit series, but the truth is the Bruins are not some super team or "the best team in recent memory" as some were suggesting. Apparently they're perfectly human if you don't make dumb personnel decisions and actually execute a game plan.

The wings did beat them 3 times during the season. Obviously they're not unstoppable. I lay the blame on the coaching in this one. I just don't understand why mike does what he does with the lines when it doesn't work, and why he's so averse to icing a team with an enforcer in the playoffs for a game or two. I just don't get the logic.

We do? I know we took them to seven last year, but outside of that I don't think we've exactly "brought it" against them for a few years.

We do? I know we took them to seven last year, but outside of that I don't think we've exactly "brought it" against them for a few years.

Fair enough. I do feel like we tend to play them pretty tough, but they've definitely had our number in recent years, so...whatevz. F*** the Blackhawks.

They developed him well, put him in a system he could work with, he had a really good mentor in drew bledsoe to help him, and he took advantage of it.

Its not luck to find guys that late that fit your system, thats what scouts and your staff get paid to do.

they lost tom Brady for a full year and went 11-5 with matt Cassel leading them.

Another 7th round quarter back.

Montreal is fast, skilled, and the guys they brought in fit into their system.

As for your ken Holland jabs,

No offense, but that argument is starting to sound like its coming from a spoiled teenager being told no for the first time.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter