• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

I like how Jarnkrok is already being called the next Zetterberg after 12 games in the NHL.

#22 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Well, 11 points in his first 12 games will do that.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

It wasn't worth it  back then and it certainly isn't worth it right now. If Jarnkrok doesn't go home to Malmö this trade will turn out to be a disaster but it's done now.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#24 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Well, 11 points in his first 12 games will do that.

Maybe he will catch Brunnstom'itis

#25 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

I like how Jarnkrok is already being called the next Zetterberg after 12 games in the NHL.

Please do some research and you will see who os comparing him to Z. There are some real scouts who are getting paid for that job...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#26 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Jarnkrok was not our best prospect...Mantha is our best prospect. 

#27 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

People need to move on. Even if Jarnkrok is good he's on a team that's going nowhere. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

People need to move on. Even if Jarnkrok is good he's on a team that's going nowhere. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

u

o

Nashville is not that far away from icing a dangerous team, their goaltending and D is set they'll get a very good offensive forward in this draft and some young players are on their way.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

As I said in the GDT, how many points would Datsyuk score playing on a line with Miller and Glendenning, two players who arguably shouldn't be in the NHL?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

As the title asks, the Wings gave up a center a lot of scouts characterized as being as close to the next Zetterberg as there can be and a second for a 4th liner and 5 games in the playoffs. Was it worth the cost to keep the streak alive? Or should they have trusted the kids? Thoughts? 

If your asking then you know the answer

We got No choice but to accept we got seriously raped in that deal .... I sure as hell don't wanna see legwand return to detroit among a few other guys

Time to let the kids fly

I like how our saviour was a 4th liner here

I said he was a good 3rd line center on most good nhl teams and got sh*t by some ... Can't even crack the top 3 in detroit

Adios legwand

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 26 April 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#31 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

We got No choice but to accept we got seriously raped in that deal .... I sure as hell don't wanna see legwand return to detroit among a few other guys

Time to let the kids fly

I said he was a good 3rd line center on most good nhl teams and got sh*t by some ... Can't even crack the top 3 in detroit

Adios legwand

aaaaaaaand by that logic, Franzen is a legitimate top-6 winger, considering that's where he played in the lineup?  Same for the people that complain about Abdelkader being up there?

Ahhh... right.

#32 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

aaaaaaaand by that logic, Franzen is a legitimate top-6 winger, considering that's where he played in the lineup?  Same for the people that complain about Abdelkader being up there?
Ahhh... right.

Franzen is a top 6 player he's just for whatever reason not producing ... Maybe he needs a change of scenery who knows .... I sure as he'll know if he went to Pittsburgh he wouldn't be in the bottom 6 or most if not all nhl teams

Abs is a top 6 here cause Babs likes his being In front of the net and he hits ... Which we sadly don't have any of those guys , if legwand was that good he'd be with pav and hank on a line , couldn't even crack it

We need a top 6 power forward in our prospect pool to emerge one say ... We got too much finesse ... Need a few guys who will bodycheck the hell out of players

#33 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

if he resigns yes if not no

#34 rking72

rking72

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

I think sometimes being good(making the playoffs) prevents you from being great

#35 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

A few things. I said at the time it was  a bad trade, I still think that and I am not a Jarnkrok fan. The 2nd alone should have been enough or Jarnkrok alone. We overpaid.

I think Nashville played a little hard ball considering Legwand was their first player and pretty much the face of the franchise (in a way). Didn't help that at the time he was their leading point getter.

That said, that doesn't excuse Holland for overpaying,

#36 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Please do some research and you will see who os comparing him to Z. There are some real scouts who are getting paid for that job...

Comparing his game to Zetterberg is not the same as saying he will be another Zetterberg. 

#37 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Franzen is a top 6 player he's just for whatever reason not producing ... Maybe he needs a change of scenery who knows .... I sure as he'll know if he went to Pittsburgh he wouldn't be in the bottom 6 or most if not all nhl teams

Abs is a top 6 here cause Babs likes his being In front of the net and he hits ... Which we sadly don't have any of those guys , if legwand was that good he'd be with pav and hank on a line , couldn't even crack it

We need a top 6 power forward in our prospect pool to emerge one say ... We got too much finesse ... Need a few guys who will bodycheck the hell out of players

So those guys = excuses, but a guy who has put up 5 more points than your beloved Franzen over the last two years = simply sucks? Come on.

#38 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

It kind of reminded me of picking up Tootoo.  I didn't like either acquisition at the time, but could see the reasoning behind it.  But yet, with both of them, they were brought in and never really seemed to be used to their capability.

I have no idea what Weiss will bring next year.  But he's already signed, has a NTC and can't be bought out with a compliance buyout. The last thing we need is going down that road again of having too many aging, injured vets signed to long term deals creating a logjam.

Don't know whether his acquisition got us into the playoffs or not or if Jarnkrok will be another Zetterberg or another Brunner, but at this point, I'm just a little apprehensive about signing another over 30 guy on the downside of his career to a multi year deal.  

#39 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

So those guys = excuses, but a guy who has put up 5 more points than your beloved Franzen over the last two years = simply sucks? Come on.

Ya you lost me lol first off beloved Franzen? I don't even want him to return I'm sick of his inconsistencies .... That being said I do think he's a top 6 guy ... I just think it's time to turn the page

And who has 5 more pts legwand? Well not for nothing Nashville isn't stacked with any real offensive threats which is why he probably got a lot of the ice time there which is why I said he's really a number 3 guy on most good teams and got s***

Couldn't even crack the top 4 here ... One of the same reasonings I gave for weiss and got s*** as well .... Injuries or not he's been a disaster for 2 yrs as well ... But we're talking about legwand here so forget weiss

#40 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Time to let the kids fly

Adios legwand

Legwand wasn't on the "fourth" line because he can't cut it as a second line center. He was on that line so give the team some balance to play 4th lines. It's not like the 4th line was only playing a few minutes a game here. They were getting 2nd line ice time depending on the game, dating back to the end of the regular season. But if you want to base your arguments solely off of looking at the lineup sheet, then go right ahead. Babs depended on that line to play a lot of important minutes in the series. You make it sound as if he was nothing  more than a 4th liner seeing 3 or 4 minutes per game.

Ya you lost me lol first off beloved Franzen? I don't even want him to return I'm sick of his inconsistencies .... That being said I do think he's a top 6 guy ... I just think it's time to turn the page

And who has 5 more pts legwand? Well not for nothing Nashville isn't stacked with any real offensive threats which is why he probably got a lot of the ice time there which is why I said he's really a number 3 guy on most good teams and got s***

Couldn't even crack the top 4 here ... One of the same reasonings I gave for weiss and got s*** as well .... Injuries or not he's been a disaster for 2 yrs as well ... But we're talking about legwand here so forget weiss

Don't worry, Weiss will have you eating crow soon enough