#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

logo_lockup.png?w=244

Eastern . Conference . Semi . Finals

(5) 225px-New_York_Rangers.svg.pngvs. 205px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.png (2)

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 30 April 2014 - 11:12 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

GO RAGS!

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

This series is great for TV ratings.

Win it Dominic!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#4 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say NY's bandwagon is pretty much groaning under the weight of all the Wings fans that jumped on it last night.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#5 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

I would love to see an Original 6 final. I Lo e the resurgence of O6 teams the past few years. Great for hockey.

I just wish we could join them...

But I have a feeling Pittsburgh will prevail, as much as I want to count them out.

It could be a really bitter year for the Wings. There could be a Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago, LA final four...all teams who have won recently.

Remember when we were that good?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#6 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

I think the Rangers are a better matchup for the Pens (from a Pens perspective) than Philly.  When the Pens play Philly, there is the greater chance of a meltdown by the Pens.  There is a bit of that with the Rangers as well, but not as much.  They don't have Dubinsky or Callahan anymore, but they do have Carcillo.

#7 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

The Rangers play back-to-back in Games 6 and 7 against the Flyers. Then they have to turn around after one day off and play three in four nights to open the series with the Penguins. Funny how that always seems to work out when Pittsburgh is involved. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#8 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

The Habs will upset the Bruins, then it's Pitts vs Chicago for the cup dream match-up of the universe (!!!!!!), and Bettman will slather himself in baby oil and slide around a room carpeted with Crosby and Toews posters.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#9 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

So what's the "yellow" out? 

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,194 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Pens win 3-0. Rangers looked flat, sloppy, tired.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Boooooooo.  I haven't been watching because I'm the kiss of death for the teams I like this year, but maybe I'll start watching since they're losing anyway.  It's the attitude I took with the Wings.

GO RAGS!

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#12 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

Man, Carcillo has calmed down a lot these past few years. Guys was absolutely insane when he broke into the league with Phoenix.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#13 DmitrifromRussia

DmitrifromRussia

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

I wonder, is Crosby still able to score in the playoffs?

#14 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

I caught a lot of yesterday's game, he looked head a shoulders above everyone else on the ice.  That didn't translate to any points though.

From what I've read, the same couldn't be said for his earlier games thus far.

#15 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

I find the nhl scheduling ridiculous. Rangers play back to back game 6 and 7 and then play back to back game 3 and 4, making it 3 games in 4 nights. I mean you could tell the Rangers, besides the King, were gassed last night. I find it halarious that the Penguins ALWAYS seem to get favourable scheduling like this. I remember in 2009 the stanley cup finals schedule was released and then when the Red Wings beat the Hawks, Lidstrom and Pav were injured. Lidstrom played in game 1 but Pav did not play until game 5. After the Wings beat the Hawks, the NHL adjusting the schedule to start the finals series a few days earlier, which CLEARLY benefited the Penguins. I still blame that for us not winning the cup that year. 

I really hope the Rangers find their legs and come out flying tonight because they are a far better all around team then the Penguins and deserve to go on.

#16 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

What's with people suggesting the Pens ALWAYS get the scheduling breaks?  I don't get it.  No facts or examples are provided to back it up of course, it's just stated as if it is a fact.

The facts are, teams that finish off their opponents quicker should get the breaks and do.  If you play to 7 games, you should expect to have less rest than the other team.

If someone is truly interested in digging into the reasons why the PIT v NYR schedule is as it is....you will actually determine that is has everything to with scheduling around MSG and nothing really to do with PIT....or, we can just pretend it is because of PIT getting the favoritism, that might work better.

In terms of the example provided with DET and PIT in 2009, I don't get it.  Again, PIT swept their opponent, DET took a bit longer, should get less rest (while DET actually only got 1 day less rest than PIT).  There was 2 off days before the finals, why wait longer, that would make zero sense and would be very poor for the league (killing momentum, etc.).  The biggest problem the NHL has as it gets later in the playoffs is that you start to have nights with no hockey....killer at this time of year.  2 days off with no hockey is an eternity.

#17 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

The NHL scheduling can be irritating. What I'm getting really irritated is by the NHL bending over backwards for NBC. Holding off the start of a series so that game can be the main focus on a weekend or friday night.

#18 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,194 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Kristopher Letang. Something something Kristopher Letang. Something something Kristopher Letang. Something something Kristopher Letang.

Oh, Crosby just scored.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#19 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

What's with people suggesting the Pens ALWAYS get the scheduling breaks?  I don't get it.  No facts or examples are provided to back it up of course, it's just stated as if it is a fact.

The facts are, teams that finish off their opponents quicker should get the breaks and do.  If you play to 7 games, you should expect to have less rest than the other team.

If someone is truly interested in digging into the reasons why the PIT v NYR schedule is as it is....you will actually determine that is has everything to with scheduling around MSG and nothing really to do with PIT....or, we can just pretend it is because of PIT getting the favoritism, that might work better.

In terms of the example provided with DET and PIT in 2009, I don't get it.  Again, PIT swept their opponent, DET took a bit longer, should get less rest (while DET actually only got 1 day less rest than PIT).  There was 2 off days before the finals, why wait longer, that would make zero sense and would be very poor for the league (killing momentum, etc.).  The biggest problem the NHL has as it gets later in the playoffs is that you start to have nights with no hockey....killer at this time of year.  2 days off with no hockey is an eternity.

I just get annoyed when they have back to back games scheduled in the playoffs. If that's not job laziness I don't know what is.

#20 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,194 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Danny Bylsma. Danny O'Halloran. Kristopher Letang.

Pierre is feelin' it tonight. He's in the zone.

Don't Toews me, bro!