• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

1,817 posts in this topic

I'd take Del Zotto over Kindl or Quincey any day of the week. As far as Heatley or Setoguchi, I want nothing to do with either of those guys. Vrbata is ok, but I'd also rather see Alfie back for 1 year and then Mantha up instead of getting him. If I actually had things my way, I'd keep Mitch Callahan, promote Mantha if he shows he belongs, promote Ouellet and Sproul and then find a way to dump Kindl, whether it be a regular buyout or trade to a desperate team who cares, and then tell Cleary and Alfie to retire.

that's all tempting but we still don't know if any of those guys are going to be as good as are forward kids where and even they dispeared when we needed them most in the po truth is id want 1 big d signed weather that ment a trade of course that depends on who we traded and than a proven goal scorer id rather have someone who can produce at least 20-30 goals but im still concerned about d 1st if at all we aren't going to get someone form of a top 4 dman than we need to think of a experienced forward who can score otherwise it could be a very long and hard year

And there it is.

Wings didn't get a right-hand shooting defenseman, but still need someone. They've made offer to Kyle Quincey (left). Waiting to hear back.

China syndrome coming in 3...2...1...

And there it is.

Wings didn't get a right-hand shooting defenseman, but still need someone. They've made offer to Kyle Quincey (left). Waiting to hear back.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I wouldn't mind verbata my thing is do you think we have anything we could trade for a Big D as much as I hate to say it you think a package of helm Abby Kindl + 2nd could land yandle

Probably not, but that gets rid of whatever little grit or speed we have left.

Holland needs to give his head a shake about Quincey. Instead of reiterating what I said in the Rumors thread, ill just copy it here:

I think the best bet is to just go forward with what we have next season, allowing younger players to get used to the NHL. Worst case Ontario, we get a high pick in a stacked draft. Even if we were to trade for Myers right now, its not like were winning the cup with this roster.

The worst thing we could possibly do is sign Quincey again. He hinders the production of younger players without actually making our team better. Stay far far away kyle, please.

Edited by WingsallTheway

Why are some here so surprised?

Please don't mistake my FFFFFFUUUUUUU as surprise instead of the fiery, unbridled rage it was intended to be.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

well he cant be that desperate yet he needs to think about the other options out there before he throws in the towel and signs that moron I swear Kenny think before you overact on this if your going to stick with a lefty go for del zotto please all Q is going to do is exactly what he did last year NOTHING! we needed to improve not sink lower no wonder no one wants to sign here they see the desperation

Edited by sjr2012

sjr2012 - I'd like to see Smith on the PP personally. He's got the best 1-T on our team on D anyways. If we had him on 1 pair unloading and Sproul on the other, I think we'd improve our PP considerably this season. I didn't care too much about whether we got "top UFA's" or not, I just didn't want Q or Cleary back and want Kindl gone. Those were the only moves that actually mattered to me this offseason.

sjr2012, e_prime and krsmith17 like this

Not surprised. Just truly disappointed. Truly, truly, truly

Yup.

Unfortunately his inability of signing 'desirable' players, and re-signing guys we would rather not have has been the norm these past several years.

I could have lived with Holland doing nothing. I get that he swung and missed. Detroit isn't the destination that it once was... but Kyle Quincey is a void. He actively makes his defensive partner(s) worse. I quit.

I'm just going to sit in a corner for awhile.

And there it is.

Please let this be another UFA that doesn't want to come to Detroit.

Though that may be even worse. What does it say about us if not even Kyle F****** Quincey wants to sign here???

Quincey. 2yr. 4.25 per

Was just mentioned on tsn that's hockey.

Edited by mackel

If we we're make a trade for big buff out in Winnipeg what do you guys this it would cost us? Or Bogo?

I know offer sheets never work out & we would be giving up our first for a couple years but Ryan Johansen offer sheet? I just don't see P.K. Leaving! Or how about Shultz for the oilers?

With the ridiculous logjam of defenseman that Washington has now (Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Green and now Orpik and Niskanen), their need to sign a 2C (supposedly Legwand) and the fact that they have virtually no cap space, I believe that Kenny should seriously pursue Mike Green.... like right now.

sjr2012 - I'd like to see Smith on the PP personally. He's got the best 1-T on our team on D anyways. If we had him on 1 pair unloading and Sproul on the other, I think we'd improve our PP considerably this season. I didn't care too much about whether we got "top UFA's" or not, I just didn't want Q or Cleary back and want Kindl gone. Those were the only moves that actually mattered to me this offseason.

I agree Z smith for sure could do wonders at the point but that depends on Babs given him that spot instead of Q and Kindl otherwise we might as well wave off the PP each time we get it

With the ridiculous logjam of defenseman that Washington has now (Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Green and now Orpik and Niskanen), their need to sign a 2C (supposedly Legwand) and the fact that they have virtually no cap space, I believe that Kenny should seriously pursue Mike Green.... like right now.

Why get Green? They have Kyle Quinecy!

JSDO3O likes this

Disagree with the assessment right now. In a 60-minute game, you're playing an average of 7-8 minutes tops on the power play (each team takes roughly 3-4 penalties per game). Unless Sproul takes leaps and bounds this off-season defensively, he is a liability still at the NHL level and does not bring enough in the offensive end to make up for that.