• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

1,817 posts in this topic

@commie22: Red Wings fans!! How goes free agency?

What a douchebag. Sour grapes, Commie?

Gotta admit, as disappointing as it was not getting better yesterday, it's a lot harder to swallow the apparent fact that we're now a joke.

Edit: he got called out pretty hard, commence epic backpedaling over multiple tweets...

@commie22: Ok Wings fans..only halfway through day 2. Lots of time. Lots going for you. City=great. Fans=Great. Rink=great. Players=great Tradition=A+

If Commodore was being facetious, his opinion doesn't matter; he lost in a fight to Ben Eager.

Seems Alfredsson is the only UFA with a strong allure to play with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. No one else seems to find it a compelling enough reason to take the higher dollar offer by Kenny.

"The game has changed, players can go wherever they want," Holland said. "We all have the same money. We made some pitches. Those players chose to go elsewhere.

The cap was put in place almost 10 years ago. Stop using it as an excuse Kenny.

"The game has changed, players can go wherever they want," Holland said. "We all have the same money. We made some pitches. Those players chose to go elsewhere.

The cap was put in place almost 10 years ago. Stop using it as an excuse Kenny.

He refuses to take the blame and always uses "the market" or "the salary cap era" as an excuse. He will never change because he will never see it as his fault.

Only if we get rid of Franzen. I don't want to listen to Ozzie mispronounce Franzen AND Franson.

But to be fair everyone mispronounces Franzén.

"Alfredsson has indicated that if he plays next season it will only be for Detroit.

They're going to wait until August to see how his troublesome back feels before deciding whether to offer the 41-year-old right wing a one-year extension to return for his 19th NHL season, general manager Ken Holland said.

If they sign Alfredsson, mostly likely it'll be a relatively low base salary (possibly in the $2 million range) with a games played bonus that can be applied to the following season's cap."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/06/red_wings_will_wait_until_augu.html#incart_related_stories

Edited by T.Low

But to be fair everyone mispronounces Franzén.

But his former teammate? Sheesh. I dated a girl named Naomi years ago, pronounced NAY-oh-mee. Some of her friends nevertheless called her NIGH-oh-mee. Some people just don't look outside themselves enough, I guess. Or something.

But his former teammate? Sheesh. I dated a girl named Naomi years ago, pronounced NAY-oh-mee. Some of her friends nevertheless called her NIGH-oh-mee. Some people just don't look outside themselves enough, I guess. Or something.

But in this case both pronounciations are wrong so it's not like Ozzie would all of a sudden say it right if he changed to the other way.

I really hope name pronunciations don't deter Holland from getting a good player.

Could be why we have so few Russians and Czechs these days?

He refuses to take the blame and always uses "the market" or "the salary cap era" as an excuse. He will never change because he will never see it as his fault.

While I don't necessarily agree with your words, I do think it may be an issue that KH and current management was weened during the Illitch $ era and not in the salary cap era.

Maybe a fresh GM that was weened in the cap era and knows no other way, and is savvy within its restrictions might be what the club needs. Just as the team is trying to retool on the fly, maybe management needs fresh minds to meet the demands of this new era, while retaining some of what made it great, albeit in a different role.

Cody Franson is 6'5" right shooting, had 33 points last season, and carries a low cap hit. We should be giving him a hell of a look. I think he would be cheaper to get than Myers.

Or else we'll never get Rodrigenstizzlean Kompfeerzuzabelt. Kid's a rocket!

I know him! It's Ziggerwaggelitus and Figglywigbandersnatch's son. What a lovely family. I have to remember to send them a Christmas card this year.

BottleOfSmoke likes this

Cody Franson and others...All I can say at least stay pat and don't make a bad situation worse. It is what it is and maybe if we finally miss the playoffs things are going to change..

Cody Franson and others...All I can say at least stay pat and don't make a bad situation worse. It is what it is and maybe if we finally miss the playoffs things are going to change..

The article I read say they could be trading him for a pick. I would give up a 2nd rounder for him. He is only 26. He has come close to the 30 point mark 3 times in his career and 2 seasons ago had 29 points in 45 games. He isn't quite as good as Niskanen but he isn't too bad for his cap hit.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

The article I read say they could be trading him for a pick. I would give up a 2nd rounder for him. He is only 26. He has come close to the 30 point mark 3 times in his career and 2 seasons ago had 29 points in 45 games. He isn't quite as good as Niskanen but he isn't too bad for his cap hit.

If he isn't that bad why would the Leafs get rid off him then ? Or is he in Carlyles famous doghouse?

Cody Franson is 6'5" right shooting, had 33 points last season, and carries a low cap hit. We should be giving him a hell of a look. I think he would be cheaper to get than Myers.

There were/are half of dozen short term options better than Quincey still available,but as mentioned,let's stay pat for now...unless we could move Kindl or Lashoff somehow

If he isn't that bad why would the Leafs get rid off him then ? Or is he in Carlyles famous doghouse?

I think he has expressed his feelings for leaving Toronto.

We aren't going to miss playoffs. We will have Nyquist for a full season. No Olympics. Healthiest Z in years. We will finally make playoffs easily again.

I mean, even if the team stayed the same it would do better without so many crazy injuries.

Our defense and disappearing offense will kill us in the first round again, though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

We aren't going to miss playoffs. We will have Nyquist for a full season. No Olympics. Healthiest Z in years. We will finally make playoffs easily again. I mean, even if the team stayed the same it would do better without so many crazy injuries. Our defense and disappearing offense will kill us in the first round again, though. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

That's exactly my fear and personally I know - I'm alone with that mindset - I'd rather miss the playoffs and start a rebuild instead of getting bounced in 4 or 5 games against Boston, Pittsburgh.

I'm so tired of this, "if we weren't injured" argument. Datsyuk and Zetterberg weren't injured when we lost in the first round to San Jose in 2010. They weren't injured when we lost in the second round to San Jose in 2011. They weren't injured when we got embarrassed by Nashville in 2012. They weren't injured when we blew a 3 games to 1 lead against Chicago a year ago. And they very likely weren't the only people playing injured in this year's mauling by Boston.

Another thing, people play hurt in the playoffs all the time. Bergeron was nearly dead a year ago and Boston had no trouble making it to the finals. Anybody that thinks a healthy Pavel or Hank change the outcome of our series isn't looking at recent history, and isn't taking into account the fact that injuries don't only happen to Detroit.

We lose because our "elite" players aren't good enough anymore. Our up and comers aren't good enough yet. And everybody else is just average.