• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hutts11

Myers close to become a wing?

Rate this topic

I haven't heard too many things about this possible Tyler Myers to Detroit deal. I've seen the wings are offering Weiss, Franzen, and a future second rounder but Buffalo is also asking for a sign and trade with Tatar. Anyone else see or hear these rumors??

Those two players are not going to get us Myers. If this happens, then we can call it a miracle and Kenny a genius.

Edited by arag

No way this is true. No one would pay that much for Myers. Myers is a project. Never lived up to potential and has struggled mightily to be even a decent defenseman. There are much better options.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Buffalo wanted 3 pieces including #1 for him at the draft. I don't see the Wings giving up Tatar unless Buffalo takes Franzen or Weiss

I did hear a rumor of Franzen being the player touted... they may like his decent contract and term (isn't super expensive for his output and is locked up). Who knows, it's probably all smoke, but I have read that it is confirmed that Holland is talking to Buf about Myers since the draft, so maybe it's an option if the UFA's don't pan out.

As much as we do need a defenceman, I think next season is the one where we may have to bite the bullet and end the glorified "streak"

To me, the risk of Myers' possible potential isnt worth losing mantha jurco tatar or nyquist. These guys are the backbone to our future and I would hate to lose any of them as they all bring something different to the table.

I think the best bet is to just go forward with what we have next season, allowing younger players to get used to the NHL. Worst case Ontario, we get a high pick in a stacked draft. Even if we were to trade for Myers right now, its not like were winning the cup with this roster.

The worst thing we could possibly do is sign Quincey again. He hinders the production of younger players without actually making our team better. Stay far far away kyle, please.

If you're trading two of Tatar, Nyquist, or Franzen, it better be for true #1 -- defenseman, RW, etc... In my opinion, you don't trade them for anything but Phil Kessel...

Why not? Better than fools like Del Zotto or Green...

Give Buffalo what they want. They have no interest in Franzen or Weiss. Kenny can find other solutions for those two. Buffalo wants established Wingers with potential or high end offensive prospects. Myers is worth it. He can play a lot better than he actually is. Hard to develop for a young defenseman in this environment...

Detroit is no longer a top address for FA's and we're far away from being a contender. Time to react, even if we suck for one or two seasons. Pav and Z won't play forever...

- Trade Ericsson away...i have no idea what we'd get for him, but I don't think a 2nd Rounder is too much.

- Use the 2nd Rounder and add Tatar, Nyquist and Ferraro to get Myers

- As we now need Wingers, get Troy Brouwer and send Weiss back to Washington. Troy isn't the greatest fan of Coach Oates plus they have too many RW's and need Centers

- Add some more talent and bring in Evander Kane by flipping over Smith, Franzen, Andersson, McCollum and a future 2nd Rounder

- If Alfredsson returns - fine. Otherwise, sign Stempniak as a depth forward.

- Give our youth a chance. Even if we suck...as wrote before, I don't care. We need to do something...

FORWARDS
Tomas Jurco ($0.709m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Troy Brouwer ($3.667m)
Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Anthony Mantha ($0.894m)
Teemu Pulkkinen ($0.698m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Lee Stempniak ($2.500m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.950m) / Danny Cleary ($1.500m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Luke Glendening ($0.628m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Tyler Myers ($5.500m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.500m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.400m) / Alexei Marchenko ($0.667m)
Kyle Quincey ($4.250m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.850m)
BUYOUTS
Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$3,017,500
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,605,833; BONUSES: $1,542,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,394,167

Why not? Better than fools like Del Zotto or Green...

Give Buffalo what they want. They have no interest in Franzen or Weiss. Kenny can find other solutions for those two. Buffalo wants established Wingers with potential or high end offensive prospects. Myers is worth it. He can play a lot better than he actually is. Hard to develop for a young defenseman in this environment...

Detroit is no longer a top address for FA's and we're far away from being a contender. Time to react, even if we suck for one or two seasons. Pav and Z won't play forever...

- Trade Ericsson away...i have no idea what we'd get for him, but I don't think a 2nd Rounder is too much.

- Use the 2nd Rounder and add Tatar, Nyquist and Ferraro to get Myers

- As we now need Wingers, get Troy Brouwer and send Weiss back to Washington. Troy isn't the greatest fan of Coach Oates plus they have too many RW's and need Centers

- Add some more talent and bring in Evander Kane by flipping over Smith, Franzen, Andersson, McCollum and a future 2nd Rounder

- If Alfredsson returns - fine. Otherwise, sign Stempniak as a depth forward.

- Give our youth a chance. Even if we suck...as wrote before, I don't care. We need to do something...

FORWARDS

Tomas Jurco ($0.709m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Troy Brouwer ($3.667m)

Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Anthony Mantha ($0.894m)

Teemu Pulkkinen ($0.698m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Lee Stempniak ($2.500m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.950m) / Danny Cleary ($1.500m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Luke Glendening ($0.628m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Tyler Myers ($5.500m)

Danny DeKeyser ($1.500m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

Jakub Kindl ($2.400m) / Alexei Marchenko ($0.667m)

Kyle Quincey ($4.250m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.850m)

BUYOUTS

Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)

BONUS OVERAGE

$3,017,500

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2014-15)

SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,605,833; BONUSES: $1,542,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,394,167

So you'd trade one of our young high end forwards for a project dman, but not for one whose scored 70 points twice 56 points and 30 goals before ? Seems logical

So you'd trade one of our young high end forwards for a project dman, but not for one whose scored 70 points twice 56 points and 30 goals before ? Seems logical

Before injuries, yeah. Long ago...you're dreaming if you think that Green can still produce anything even close...

Green's still a risk and his contract sucks as there's only one year left. Don't you think that we have enough average in our roster? Don't you think we have enough players with injury problems in our roster? I just can't take more of those stupid "Kenny moves". It's enough. Let's do some real trades and bring in players who really help. Myers is a project, but he's already better than Green, especially defensively. Plus he'd add the size we desperately need. Kronwall / Myers would be like a wall. If he's available for a package without a 1st Rounder or Top Prospect, do the deal...he's worth it and fits our needs perfectly.

Edited by poel

Before injuries, yeah. Long ago...you're dreaming if you think that Green can still produce anything even close...

Green's still a risk and his contract sucks as there's only one year left. Don't you think that we have enough average in our roster? Don't you think we have enough players with injury problems in our roster? I just can't take more of those stupid "Kenny moves". It's enough. Let's do some real trades and bring in players who really help. Myers is a project, but he's already better than Green, especially defensively. Plus he'd add the size we desperately need. Kronwall / Myers would be like a wall. If he's available for a package without a 1st Rounder or Top Prospect, do the deal...he's worth it and fits our needs perfectly.

They want Mantha, he won't come cheap and he isn't worth it. Green is only 28, so yes I think he can still play that way, you are talking like he's 35 and on a steady decline. Ya he's had injury problems, but he is heaalthy now, and will have a much better season. I like that it is only one year too, if he isn't good he is gone, if he is good, we extend him.

They want Mantha, he won't come cheap and he isn't worth it. Green is only 28, so yes I think he can still play that way, you are talking like he's 35 and on a steady decline. Ya he's had injury problems, but he is heaalthy now, and will have a much better season. I like that it is only one year too, if he isn't good he is gone, if he is good, we extend him.

Would be nice if it's that easy...of course, he'd need to agree to the deal due to his NTC. But even if he agrees to a deal, that still allows him to test the market...there's no security. I doubt he'd stay and I doubt that he'd be able to stay healthy.

And Washington doesn't really need to deal him now...they can wait. They need a 2nd Line Center and we can't really help them with that unless they accept Weiss in return. I don't think they're interested in him...but if they're, I'd prefer to get Brouwer, not Green. I'd expect Ovechkin to play RW and therefore, Brouwer is an even bigger problem as he already is. He wouldn't really solve our defensive problems but as an additional winger he'd allow Babcock to separate Z and Pav and as a big righty and with his scoring ability he would also fit our needs.

Well, I think that Kenny is clever enough not to give up our former 1st Rounders, the 2015 1st Rounder, Jurco, Pulkkinen or Mrazek in any deal. But I'm not sure if Buffalo would refuse a package that includes a 2nd Round Pick, Tatar, Nyquist and another of our better offensive prospects...

Would be nice if it's that easy...of course, he'd need to agree to the deal due to his NTC. But even if he agrees to a deal, that still allows him to test the market...there's no security. I doubt he'd stay and I doubt that he'd be able to stay healthy.

And Washington doesn't really need to deal him now...they can wait. They need a 2nd Line Center and we can't really help them with that unless they accept Weiss in return. I don't think they're interested in him...but if they're, I'd prefer to get Brouwer, not Green. I'd expect Ovechkin to play RW and therefore, Brouwer is an even bigger problem as he already is. He wouldn't really solve our defensive problems but as an additional winger he'd allow Babcock to separate Z and Pav and as a big righty and with his scoring ability he would also fit our needs.

Well, I think that Kenny is clever enough not to give up our former 1st Rounders, the 2015 1st Rounder, Jurco, Pulkkinen or Mrazek in any deal. But I'm not sure if Buffalo would refuse a package that includes a 2nd Round Pick, Tatar, Nyquist and another of our better offensive prospects...

They have 8 D and 12 forwards. They aren't dealing any forwards, they have too many D, thats why they need to lose one and add a forward

They have 8 D and 12 forwards. They aren't dealing any forwards, they have too many D, thats why they need to lose one and add a forward

You're missing the point...if they feel that there's a possibility that Green will resign, they won't be interested to trade him, they would want to trade Orlov or Erskine.

They can free up some more cap space by trading Brouwer. He's the most likely to be traded. He doesn't like the Coach and he doesn't like his role in the team. He's a problem. Yes, they have 12 Forwards, but five of them are RW's and they have no quality Centers apart from Backstrom. They're still sitting on their 5 RW's and Brouwer doesn't want to play Center or LW. He got forced to do it, but he didn't want to. He's pissed. This is why they are looking to trade him, and not Green, to get a 2nd Line Center.

Kenny may asked for Green, but that doesn't mean that they're shopping him.

poel, this whole rant is a joke right? You can't be serious... Those are some teerrrrible trades and that roster is ******* awful...

You want to trade away our best shut down defenseman for a draft pick, only to flip that pick along with our two top young wingers for a project defenseman.... Wow... I wouldn't even trade Ericsson for Myers straight up at this point... Unreal...

poel, this whole rant is a joke right? You can't be serious... Those are some teerrrrible trades and that roster isf****** awful...

You want to trade away our best shut down defenseman for a draft pick, only to flip that pick along with our two top young wingers for a project defenseman.... Wow... I wouldn't even trade Ericsson for Myers straight up at this point... Unreal...

Ericsson is pretty much overrated. He might be solid, but he's not producing. Furthermore, he's not fast and not hard enough for a top pair defender. I know that Babs likes him, but he shouldn't really play so many important minutes with Kronwall. Myers is already better than him. His problem is that he's playing for the sabres. He'd bring in exactly what we need and he has the potential to be a franchise player like Kronwall is. If Holland would pick up the phone and offer Murray Ericsson for Myers, that call wouldn't even reach the one minute mark. I'm sure they have absolute no intention to acquire Ericsson, at least not in a trade including Tyler Myers.

In trades, you won't get anyone for free. That roster would maybe not make the playoffs, but it would the year after and the years to come. Brouwer would fit our needs and Myers and Kane are potential franchise players. We need to add some toughness, goal scoring and size anyway. Our team isnt't scoring goals and is getting bumped arround like nobody else...because nobody makes our opponents pay for dirty fouls or hard checks. Abdelkader and Kronwall are the only players remaining our opponents are not laughing at...

Edited by poel

So... this is popping back up again.

Many teams interested in Myers and BUF would do it, but the price will be high. DET one of many calling BUF. #thnlive

I really don't want to see this trade, especially since the rumored asking price is Mantha, a 1st, and something else. No thank-you.

Where have you heard that Mantha, plus our first, plus... would be involved in a trade for Myers? It seems like every trade that we're "linked to", Mantha is the guy that other teams want. The problem is, there is no way they're getting him. Mantha is as untouchable a prospect we've had in a long time. He's not going anywhere unless it gets us an already elite player in the NHL still in his prime, which isn't going to happen either. I don't think Myers is a terrible player by any means but I don't think he is what this team needs right now, especially with all the other kids knocking on the door...

Edited by krsmith17

Where have you heard that Mantha, plus our first, plus... would be involved in a trade for Myers? It seems like every trade that we're "linked to", Mantha is the guy that other teams want. The problem is, there is no way they're getting him. Mantha is as untouchable a prospect we've had in a long time. He's not going anywhere unless it gets us an already elite player in the NHL still in his prime, which isn't going to happen either. I don't think Myers is a terrible player by any means but I don't think he is what this team needs right now, especially with all the other kids knocking on the door...

Per Elliotte Friedman, a few days back:

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nhl/Anthony_Mantha/3701970/according-to-hnics-elliotte-friedman-the-sabres-requested

According to Elliotte Friedman, the Sabres requested Anthony Mantha back from the Red Wings in a trade for Tyler Myers.

Impacts: "The Red Wings stopped there," Friedman said. Perhaps the Red Wings wouldve considered if they were acquiring the Myers from a few years ago. As is, Mantha, the 20th pick in the 2013 draft, is loaded with potential, scoring 57 times and notching 120 points in the QMJHL last season. While Myers, 24, has been a shadow of the player he was his rookie season when he recorded 48 points.

Not sure if anything has changed since, or if McKenzie is just discussing information from a few days back.