• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Jason Spezza traded to Stars for 3 prospects, 2nd-rd pick

Rate this topic

Does anyone have rough comparables for those players (outside of Spezza) from within our organization? Because looking at that trade, I don't know most of the names, so it's kind of hard to gauge the deal.

I'm a huge Holland supporter and I think he is still doing a great job and is STILL one of the best GMs in the league. But look at what Nill is doing in Dallas. It's crazy how quick he is turning that team around. I strongly believe they will be a serious contender within a few years. Part of me wished he took over as GM of the Wings and Holland took on another role. Again, I love Holland, so please don't turn this into another Holland bash fest. Nill just gets s*** done.

I'm a huge Holland supporter and I think he is still doing a great job and is STILL one of the best GMs in the league. But look at what Nill is doing in Dallas. It's crazy how quick he is turning that team around. I strongly believe they will be a serious contender within a few years. Part of me wished he took over as GM of the Wings and Holland took on another role. Again, I love Holland, so please don't turn this into another Holland bash fest. Nill just gets s*** done.

Nill and Yzerman have done wonders for their respective clubs, no question.

I agree and I have nothing but love for Jim Nill, but he also had a lot more money to work with and nowhere to go but up really. I'm withholding judgment for the next couple of seasons.

I like Nill a lot and think he is doing a great job but the team/situation he has and the road Dallas needs to traverse is very different than the team/situation that Holland has and the road Detroit needs to traverse are incredibly different.

Wow Ottawa is gonna suck. Good thing Alfie jumped ship.

Too bad for him he jumped onto another sinking ship.

Like going from the Andrea Doria to the Titanic.

Nill and Yzerman have done wonders for their respective clubs, no question.

Are you saying that re-signing Cleary and Samuelsson last season isn't doing wonders?

Highway robbery by Dallas. One of the best C's in the game for 4 marginal prospects/picks. Chassion was a 2nd, paul was a 4th, the other guy was a 3rd, plus a second next year. So far this is 3 star players traded for next to nothing.

Yzerman and Nill have both made great immediate impacts, but usually immediate impact comes at the price of the future. I'll reserve judgement until they have a few years under their belts. Also, I doubt either will draft like our staff does. We're the king of that hill still.