• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

preds prospects Viktor Arvidsson and Kevin Fiala shootout moves

Rate this topic

Arvidsson dazzles with spin-o-rama goal in scrimmage

Many fans wondered why the Nashville Predators spent a fourth round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft on a 21-year old Swedish forward named Viktor Arvidsson. He had been passed up in two previous drafts, is undersized at just 5’9″ and is nearly four years older than their first round pick, Kevin Fiala.

Those questions were put to bed when Arvidsson did this on Saturday afternoon at Bridgestone Arena.

How good was it? It topped — that’s right, topped — Puck Daddy’s Top 5 Shootout Moves from Development Camp post.

Now obviously it’s just a Development Camp shootout so creativity is expected but to have the ability to pull that kind of move off — and convert — is truly exciting.

The Skellefteå, Sweden native finished ninth in Swedish Hockey League scoring last year with 40 points in 50 games. He also helped his Skellefteå AIK club win the league championship as he posted 16 points in 14 games, third best among all post season players.

For Arvidsson, the skill is there. Can he be the same productive player on the smaller North American ice? The Predators hope to find out soon.

http://vimeo.com/100605947

Liked the first one wonder if under the rules now if they woulod allow in nhl...progress and all. Nice fakeout spin o rama. The second one was just a player getting on top of the goalie and stick handling around seen many players do similiar...do it all the time in the video game lol..

So what? I don't care...wrong board.

Trying to compare sizes with Jurco's moves? Shootout skills won't turn your franchise into a contender, I'm afraid :lol:

Edited by poel

Hey now PredsFan is one of our favorite non Wings fan first.

Thanks Hockeymom,I kind of just ignore that ones that tell me that i'm on the wrong board and let the mods take care of it.

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

Thanks Hockeymom,I kind of just ignore that ones that tell me that i'm on the wrong board and let the mods take care of it.

Don't let them get you, I'm for one very happy to have you here and get some nice info about the Preds.

The first one was just insane almost an 360 degree circle and then pulling it off like this some serious skill here. Do you think Fiala is ready to make the team ? Nashville for what I know is hurting on the offensive side and I guess LaViolette will play his run and gun style no matter what ?

Don't let them get you, I'm for one very happy to have you here and get some nice info about the Preds.

The first one was just insane almost an 360 degree circle and then pulling it off like this some serious skill here. Do you think Fiala is ready to make the team ? Nashville for what I know is hurting on the offensive side and I guess LaViolette will play his run and gun style no matter what ?

Lol, I'm acutally Swiss and even I think that this is not a big deal...for sure not worth to post it here...

Fiala is not NHL-ready. Needs at least one more year in Sweden. Pretty sure he'll return. But the Preds also forced Forsberg to early, so you never know...

Just moved up in the rankings...probably drafted a bit too early due to his recent success...

Edited by poel

Lol, I'm acutally Swiss and even I think that this is not a big deal...for sure not worth to post it here...

Fiala is not NHL-ready. Needs at least one more year in Sweden. Pretty sure he'll return.

Then don't read it, problem solved.

PredsFan is providing a lot of useful information and at least in my mind an absolute enrichment for this forum. Sometimes it's really nice to know what's going on with other organisations and be it just for comparisons.

Then don't read it, problem solved.

PredsFan is providing a lot of useful information and at least in my mind an absolute enrichment for this forum. Sometimes it's really nice to know what's going on with other organisations and be it just for comparisons.

I try to post the important news about the preds,since some on here do actually can about whats on in the predators org.

i did not wanna post a thread just for this,but the preds are finally replacing Gary Glitter’s “Rock and Roll, Part 2 song with Gold on the Ceiling” by The Black Keys that is played after i like it i love it

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

Fiala is not NHL-ready. Needs at least one more year in Sweden. Pretty sure he'll return. But the Preds also forced Forsberg to early, so you never know...

Just moved up in the rankings...probably drafted a bit too early due to his recent success...

If you don't like it or don't think it's worthy, don't reply. Threads without activity will quickly fall down the main board in the forum.

And as a friendly reminder to all from the forum rules:

Members (or potential members) shouldn't be discouraged from posting due to their team affiliation or the posting style of other members.

· Members are not allowed to dicate vocally whether or not fans of an opposing team should post here. Members that attempt to discourage fans from opposing teams from posting here will have their Hockey Discussion posting privileges suspended.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

While the first move looks cooler, I think it would be easier to stop than the second. With the stick on top of the puck like that the goalie should have gone for the poke. Shooter reduced his options. I want to say I saw that move or something similar somewhere else too. Maybe in a CHL all star game or something. Either way it's filthy and there's some serious skill involved. Nice to see the preds have some offensive skill in the pipeline.

Guest DeGraa55

I enjoy the preds updates to. I used to live in Tennessee and saw them play(against the wings of course!). I'll always be a wings fan first but some teams like the press I wouldn't mind seeing do well. And they have pekka rinne and Shea weber....

While the first move looks cooler, I think it would be easier to stop than the second. With the stick on top of the puck like that the goalie should have gone for the poke. Shooter reduced his options. I want to say I saw that move or something similar somewhere else too. Maybe in a CHL all star game or something. Either way it's filthy and there's some serious skill involved. Nice to see the preds have some offensive skill in the pipeline.

The second move has been done by Brunner and Zetterberg, hasn't it?

As a life long Wings and Jets fan, it is not the "Forsberg", it's the Zhamnov. Forsberg can suck it. Z and that Preds kid do "The Zhamnov". Glad I could finally get that off my chest. :lol:

In addition, Forsberg did it what? 1994 Olympics or something? I was at one of the Jets games in 92 or 93 when Zhamnov broke in and started doing it.

Back on topic, sort of, I like Preds fan. Anyone who rags on him for posting a topic in the General Discussion area needs to calm the hell down. People always say, hey, I don't know much about that guys, can anybody shed light on what that player is like. Here's a video of what a couple players are like, now you don't have to ask.

Edit: After some research, Wiki stated that Forsberg borrowed the move from retired Swede Kent NIlsson, but that doesn't take away the fact that Zhamnov did the move 2 years before Floppa.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

I try to post the important news about the preds,since some on here do actually can about whats on in the predators org.

i did not wanna post a thread just for this,but the preds are finally replacing Gary Glitters Rock and Roll, Part 2 song with Gold on the Ceiling by The Black Keys that is played after i like it i love it

I appreciate the updates you give us predsfan :) and about the song, there are better choices but who am I to judge ?

I second the props to PredsFan. I appreciate the updates, and, for a fan of an opposing team, PF is pretty darn classy about not trolling like some others we've had to deal with (centcougar, anyone?) and also contributes to the forum in a positive way.

As a life long Wings and Jets fan, it is not the "Forsberg", it's the Zhamnov. Forsberg can suck it. Z and that Preds kid do "The Zhamnov". Glad I could finally get that off my chest. :lol:

In addition, Forsberg did it what? 1994 Olympics or something? I was at one of the Jets games in 92 or 93 when Zhamnov broke in and started doing it.

Back on topic, sort of, I like Preds fan. Anyone who rags on him for posting a topic in the General Discussion area needs to calm the hell down. People always say, hey, I don't know much about that guys, can anybody shed light on what that player is like. Here's a video of what a couple players are like, now you don't have to ask.

Edit: After some research, Wiki stated that Forsberg borrowed the move from retired Swede Kent NIlsson, but that doesn't take away the fact that Zhamnov did the move 2 years before Floppa.

The peanut butter and Zhamnov. haha I cant remember who made that nickname for him but its a true classic.

So we don't think that places like Nashville and Phoenix deserve hockey but we like to get updates and the goings-on of those places? I'm confused.........hahahaha I'm kidding of course. Being a former resident of the great state of Ten-o-c it is good to have updates of the team I have ties with and family members who love them.