• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#161 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

If they want more money out of Quebec or Seattle they'll just use Vegas as another option which is basically the NHL trying to increase their leverage.

So by your logic, sell a team in a crappy market will make teams in a good market want to buy? Sorry still makes no sense.

EDIT: Oh did the Vegas expansion fail? I'm sure we won't fail. (Any businessman willl know)

Edited by number9, 17 November 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#162 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

Didn't Winnipeg have to jump through hoops to get their team back? I recall the had to sell x amount of season tickets in advance for x amount of years to prove it would be a viable destination. Why not do that with Vegas, that way they can see before doing something dumb that it's something dumb, oh wait it's bettman we're talking about, he only sees the franchise fee $$$$

#163 UpstateNYRedWingsFan

UpstateNYRedWingsFan

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

http://www.si.com/nh...o-vote-december

Saw this article today, thought I would post it here

#164 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

http://www.thescore....nhl/news/652866

#165 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

From what I gathered - the NHL is allowing the Lost Wages group to 'investigate' the interest by conducting a 'study' with a so called season ticket drive.

Now - is it me, or is this like allowing students to take their final exam home with them, and have the night to finish it before it's handed in the next day...Anyone else think that the numbers will be inflated - just a bit?

Didn't Winnipeg have to jump through hoops to get their team back? I recall the had to sell x amount of season tickets in advance for x amount of years to prove it would be a viable destination. Why not do that with Vegas, that way they can see before doing something dumb that it's something dumb, oh wait it's bettman we're talking about, he only sees the franchise fee $$$$

I honestly don't recall the specifics regarding Winnipeg...However - I do recall they were 'under the radar' about the purchse of the Atlanta franchise, and didn't want to make it front page news which was what Jim Balsillie did with his ticket drive in Hamilton...Look where that got him.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#166 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

A team in Las Vegas would quickly turn into another Arizona Coyotes situation.  Their ECHL team, the Wranglers, even voluntarily suspended operations for this season because they were essentially kicked out of their arena (not necessarily for attendance issues, but still).  I would much rather see Seattle or Quebec City get a team if the league insists on another expansion.

#167 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

its more than time for someone to step up and can that damn idiot and his stupid failed expansion ideas. A team in LV has to be the dumbest idea ever especially when Seattle and Quebec City are waiting for teams.

LV will make the Phoenix Coyotes look like a huge hockeytown.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#168 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

The issue I have with expansion to QC is the possibility that either Detroit or Columbus is going to be moved back out West. If expansion does go down, I'd much rather LV, Kansas City or Seattle be given teams, with Florida relocating to QC.

#169 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Whoever plays for that LV team better be disciplined. A lot of players have issues with night life now, imagine playing in Vegas....

#170 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Also remember the NFL is exploring the idea of putting a football team out there now as well.

Maybe that's why the nhl is trying so hard. To be the first major sport there?

#171 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

@Sportsnet: Wayne Gretzky is an "unofficial" advisor to the NHL's venture in Las Vegas. #wink #nudge http://t.co/3dGhu7Tq02 http://t.co/JPFCdd8WkA

*eye roll*

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#172 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

Another warm weather city with no interest in hockey expansion bid before Quebec City or Hamilton.

Another bullseye, NHL. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman