• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MaynardJmzKeenan

Chara out 4-6 weeks with knee injury

Rate this topic

Every time I see a team hit with the injury bug, I cringe... must be a sense memory thing. Then I think, "maybe we can shoot ahead of Tampa, Boston, etc.". Then I think, "Hey, you want Jakub Kindl?" Issue is that these teams getting hit right now are all up against the cap.

Wow that sucks, they've now lost their top scorer and both top two defensemen. Man Chiarelli will have his hands full this season, a guy like Seguin would come in handy now..

If Boston doesn't work some magic soon, their cup window could close sooner than I've thought. Raask and Bergeron now have to take this team on the back for quite some time.

Wow that sucks, they've now lost their top scorer and both top two defensemen. Man Chiarelli will have his hands full this season, a guy like Seguin would come in handy now..

If Boston doesn't work some magic soon, their cup window could close sooner than I've thought. Raask and Bergeron now have to take this team on the back for quite some time.

And Rask hasn't looked sharp this year. Combine that with the team looking for someone to put with Lucic-Krejci (they've used Griffith lately, but it's been a struggle thus far)... they've got some serious issues. Seidenberg-Hamilton as a top pairing...

Would this put them in the Tyler Myers discussion? I've been told they couldn't take on that contract, but Idk.

Conceivably, they could take on his salary with Chara out but when he comes back, it would all depend on who they sent back Buffalo's way. If everyone is healthy (with the exception of Savard of course) their cap space is only $3.7m & Myers comes with a $5.5m cap hit. Given those numbers, I would think that Boston would look for a less costly, short term solution.

Boston can't catch a break atm it seems. Good for us but I'm sure that they will bounce back make the playoffs on a non-wildcard spot. It is almost impossible not to with that rooster.

Where did they acquire such a rooster? The wings might want to buy one as well.

Anyways the wings had this issue last year, it happens.

Boston can't catch a break atm it seems. Good for us but I'm sure that they will bounce back make the playoffs on a non-wildcard spot. It is almost impossible not to with that rooster.

Yeah it sucks they and the Leafs were such an exciting team to watch during the lockout shortened season but Chiarelli is pushing them in the wrong direction. Get well soon big Z

But now we are going to see how good the development of other teams is, they need nyquistian and dekeysian prospects/signings now Seidenberg - still recovering from his foot injury - and Hamilton as a number 1 pairing ? ouch

This is also bad for the Wings because the asking price for Myers will go up heavily now :(

Edited by frankgrimes

Yeah it sucks they and the Leafs were such an exciting team to watch during the lockout shortened season but Chiarelli is pushing them in the wrong direction. Get well soon big Z

But now we are going to see how good the development of other teams is, they need nyquistian and dekeysian prospects/signings now Seidenberg - still recovering from his foot injury - and Hamilton as a number 1 pairing ? ouch

This is also bad for the Wings because the asking price for Myers will go up heavily now :(

What more can they ask for after Larkin and mantha? Datsyuk?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/torey-krug-to-miss-2-3-weeks-with-broken-finger-as-bruins-lose-another-defenseman-161648529.html

Krug out with broken finger, so the Bruins' blueline experiencing even more adversity. I gotta say, as much as I hate seeing anyone get injured, it sure is nice for it to not be the Wings.

I hope there was some wood near you when you wrote this...

That sounds dirty

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/torey-krug-to-miss-2-3-weeks-with-broken-finger-as-bruins-lose-another-defenseman-161648529.html

Krug out with broken finger, so the Bruins' blueline experiencing even more adversity. I gotta say, as much as I hate seeing anyone get injured, it sure is nice for it to not be the Wings.

I wonder if that could open the market for trading Quincy. He has been very solid lately. Probably wishful thinking from my side....

Edited by derblaueClaus

I don't like injuries to other players at all, I mean after all they are all athletes they love what they do and basically they are giving their bodies in some cases health to the team/fans in order to be the best they can be. Yes, they are getting paid millions of $ but hockey is still the most physical demanding teamsport there is (coupled with the NFL).