• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Jersey Sponsorship

Rate this topic

@walsha: NHL COO John Collins: Jersey sponsorship in the NHL is both coming and happening.

And that's when I will stop buying jerseys.

Thoughts?

Edit:

@cotsonika: Just think: Buffalo Wild Wings can advertise on three different sweaters -- Buffalo's, the Wild's and the Wings'!

Barf

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Enjoy it..it will be the same bulls*** as in europe where some clubs are not only selling out their jerseys but some are also changing their game-colors to match the ones of a sponsor. It's a horrible thing and makes buying jerseys almost useless because you want to represent a club not a damn sponsor when you are paying a good junk of money for that stuff.

The day the NHL gets rid of that stupid current front-office can't come soon enough we need someone at the helm who is willing to protect the integrity and tradition of the sport.

Rogers, ads on jerseys, less fighting and more and more showboaters entering the league...hockey is fast becoming something it shouldn't be.

I think the NHL is avoiding being the first major sport to do it, but once another one does (football is my guess) they'll happily follow.

It sucks thinking about the Red Wings sweater with ads plastered all over it.

We can only hope the original 6 teams would be the giving the league an ear full for messing with their awesome jerseys.

We can only hope the original 6 teams would be the giving the league an ear full for messing with their awesome jerseys.

Ya. I can't see Mr. I giving in to that idea. Honestly though if buffalo wild wings wants to sponsor it (barf I agree) I would only be on board if they are giving out free wings for hat tricks and arbys can still do the curly fries, or not. I don't care.

Not so fast...

Individual AHL teams have had this for years. Griffins have had a Cintas patch for the last few seasons. Chicago Wolves w/ Kia. The Milwaukee Admirals with the Milwaukee Brewers.

If anything, it will be sized like the Cintas patch on the Griffins or the Amway patch on the practice jerseys and the Wings will likely have: Cintas, Amway, Kroger, Belle Tire, or Ram Trucks on the patch.

I can't see them going all out Euro Hockey/Soccer before milking companies for sponsorship like the AHL does first.

Not so fast...

I really think they just don't want to be first, but once someone does it they'll follow, knowing that fans will complain and vow to not watch hockey anymore like they do after every lockout.

Then after a while they come crawling back and the owners make even more money than before. Bettman is an expert at these kind of calculations. If another sport pulls the trigger, the NHL is following.

Ya. I can't see Mr. I giving in to that idea. Honestly though if buffalo wild wings wants to sponsor it (barf I agree) I would only be on board if they are giving out free wings for hat tricks and arbys can still do the curly fries, or not. I don't care.

Same I also think Lou Lamoriello won't like it at all get the big players on board and tell the league to stfu.

Same I also think Lou Lamoriello won't like it at all get the big players on board and tell the league to stfu.

As Much as I disagree with you, you're not stupid.

And you don't randomly say stupid sh**

Even though we disagree on alot of stuff I like hearing your opinion man.

But if we come out of this with just having small things on our jerseys like the Amway sign on the Griffins Jersey I think it'll be a win.

Unfortunately.

This may be a topic all of us agree on.

And its about time we've all been unanimous.

As Much as I disagree with you, you're not stupid.

And you don't randomly say stupid sh**

Even though we disagree on alot of stuff I like hearing your opinion man.

But if we come out of this with just having small things on our jerseys like the Amway sign on the Griffins Jersey I think it'll be a win.

Unfortunately.

This may be a topic all of us agree on.And its about time we've all been unanimous.

Yeah no problem forums are living by different opinions.

But I fully agree with you I think in this case all are on the same page. The problem really is that this league is run by people who don't have a background in the sport nor care about the tradition, integrity.

Let's hope that this will finally back fire and the front office stuff gets fired.

Detroit Red Wing Boots

LA Burger Kings

Analheim Duck Tape (yes, it's duct tape, but Duck Tape is a brand)

Pittsburgh Paint Penguins

Boston Baked Beans Bruins

Colorado Chevrolet Avalanche

New Jersey Devil's Food Cake by Betty Crocker

New York Ford Rangers

Even tie-ins don't sound good. Ads would be worse.

It is, quite simply, a joke. One of the things I cannot stand about football over in the UK is the fact that not only every year do the uniforms change, but they also have a giant logo of some crappy company plastered right in the midsection of the shirt.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, this is one of the reasons I have gravitated more towards hockey. It also means, that as a fan, when you invest in a jersey, you're getting something that will be around for quite some time. And in the case of the wings, that could be several decades.

Practice jerseys they can go nuts with as far as ads go. But game jerseys? Yuk. If they want jersey sales to remain high, then they should scrap this idea before it even gets started.

That being said, how would everyone feel if they only put ads on the all star game jerseys? I mean, the game is a gimmick in itself anyway, I think I could just about live with that if that's as far as it went. I have the funny feeling though that once they get the foot in the door, it'll just snowball

It is, quite simply, a joke. One of the things I cannot stand about football over in the UK is the fact that not only every year do the uniforms change, but they also have a giant logo of some crappy company plastered right in the midsection of the shirt.

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, this is one of the reasons I have gravitated more towards hockey. It also means, that as a fan, when you invest in a jersey, you're getting something that will be around for quite some time. And in the case of the wings, that could be several decades.

Practice jerseys they can go nuts with as far as ads go. But game jerseys? Yuk. If they want jersey sales to remain high, then they should scrap this idea before it even gets started.

That being said, how would everyone feel if they only put ads on the all star game jerseys? I mean, the game is a gimmick in itself anyway, I think I could just about live with that if that's as far as it went. I have the funny feeling though that once they get the foot in the door, it'll just snowball

I'd be perfectly fine with all star game jerseys, but it wouldn't stay that way.

Our league has beautiful jerseys, and its going to be a sad day when they're ruined.

I'm hoping they do this tastefully, its been obvious its coming for a while.

But if they start looking like some of the European leagues I'll never buy another jersey

I agree. Not that I WANT ads on jerseys, I just think it's inevitable. The lure of the almighty dollar is too great. I think it should be restricted to specific sizes and locations, and definitely nothing in or near the team's logo. Perhaps a patch on the pants would appease sponsors and not overcrowd jerseys. This can be done right...