• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Depth chart for RW/Griffins

Rate this topic

As of today before any other moves here is the depth chart for both teams. Looks pretty good overall.

Red Wings:

Z-Datsyuk-Abby

Nyquist-Richards-tatar

Helm-Sheahan-Pulks

Jurco-Glendening-Miller

Andersson-ferraro

Dekeyser-Green

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Marchenko

Kindl

Howard/Mrazek

That leaves KFQ to be moved for at least a 3rd round pick-to replace the one we traded away for 2016 and Franzen on LTIR. The only thing I would like to see is a true RHed power forward for the top line with Abby moving to the 3rd line LW.

Griffins:

Mantha-larkin-Svech

Burtuzzi-AA-nastasiak

Tvrdon-Nosek-meile

???-turgeon-Campbell

Bruton-Frk

Oullett-Sproul

Lashoff-Jensen

Evens-Hicketts

????

McCollum-Coreau

That leaves 2 holes on the grifs. 4th line LW for the checking line (if we were bold we would sign McKee for the spot!) and a 7th Dmen.

UFA's summer 2016: Richards-let him go, Helm-trade bait?, abby-should be resigned.

Guys out of options: Oullett, Sproul, and jensen.

Team now had great depth. The hard part is waiting and being patient with the young guys to develop. The good part is they now have to earn jobs instead of being handed jobs. the best spot to be.

Svech is going back to Cape Breton unless he makes the wings, can't play in the ahl yet.

This. Don't think Turgeon will be playing in GR., either. Prob back to the Winterhawks.

Also, I imagine they bring back Hoggan and Aubry. They like their vets, and Aubry was qualified, if I'm not mistaken. I don't really see Nastasiuk in their top-six either, but I suppose we'll have to see.

Edited by Jesusberg

I'd rather see Richards center the third line. Give the time Sheahan and see if he can benefit from an increased role.

As far as the D pairings go, I'm really torn. Green was pretty much delegated to a third-pairing role for the Caps, but given our depth, he's going to fill a second-pairing role. I'd love to see Kronwall-Dekeyser as the first pairing, but you'd be leaving a lot of defensive responsibility on the table with pairings like Ericsson/Smith - Green.

Hope frk gets a real shot this year playing with the fellow kids rather than Toledo or he's a goner, and I think Aubry was signed as well?

Mantha larkin Miele

Bertuzzi athanasiou zengerle

Tverdon nosek Frk

Aubry Campbell natasiuk

Hoggan/Callahan

Guessing there will be more vets upfront but the only ones that come to mind are Miele and hogan, just hope we go more with the kids (can't recall ever seeing our ahl this stacked with youth)

Ouellet marchenko

Evans sproul

Hicketts Jensen

Nedomlel lashoff

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Hope frk gets a real shot this year playing with the fellow kids rather than Toledo or he's a goner, and I think Aubry was signed as well?

Mantha larkin frk

Bertuzzi athanasiou Miele

Tverdon nosek hogan

Aubry Campbell ?

Guessing there will be more vets upfront but the only ones that come to mind are Miele and hogan, just hope we go more with the kids (can't recall ever seeing our ahl this stacked with youth)

Ouellet marchenko

Paetsch sproul

Hicketts evans

Jensen lashoff

Paetsch? How do you play hockey from prison? The only way marchenko isn't with the RW's is if we still have both KFQ and Kindl. using him in PO games last year should tell us all what the RW's think about him and his development.

BTW this was just a means of showing the depth and talent we have. Yes some guys could go to Juniors. IIRC Turgeon signed a pro contract and can't go back to junior anymore. Svech can as of today. But there are some funny rules between the NHL/CHL/AHL etc....

Paetsch? How do you play hockey from prison? The only way marchenko isn't with the RW's is if we still have both KFQ and Kindl. using him in PO games last year should tell us all what the RW's think about him and his development.

BTW this was just a means of showing the depth and talent we have. Yes some guys could go to Juniors. IIRC Turgeon signed a pro contract and can't go back to junior anymore. Svech can as of today. But there are some funny rules between the NHL/CHL/AHL etc....

Lmao forgot about the gambling stuff ... I'll change it up ... As for marchenko sadly I do believe he I'll start with the griffins , trust me I'd much rather have him in detroit

Svechnikov will stay in the juniors , pretty sure I read that somewhere and as for turgeon can't say I'm 100% certain but I do believe he'll go back Down for his last year with portland

As of today before any other moves here is the depth chart for both teams. Looks pretty good overall.

Red Wings:

Z-Datsyuk-Abby

Nyquist-Richards-tatar

Helm-Sheahan-Pulks

Jurco-Glendening-Miller

Andersson-ferraro

Dekeyser-Green

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Marchenko

Kindl

Howard/Mrazek

That leaves KFQ to be moved for at least a 3rd round pick-to replace the one we traded away for 2016 and Franzen on LTIR. The only thing I would like to see is a true RHed power forward for the top line with Abby moving to the 3rd line LW.

Griffins:

Mantha-larkin-Svech

Burtuzzi-AA-nastasiak

Tvrdon-Nosek-meile

???-turgeon-Campbell

Bruton-Frk

Oullett-Sproul

Lashoff-Jensen

Evens-Hicketts

????

McCollum-Coreau

That leaves 2 holes on the grifs. 4th line LW for the checking line (if we were bold we would sign McKee for the spot!) and a 7th Dmen.

UFA's summer 2016: Richards-let him go, Helm-trade bait?, abby-should be resigned.

Team now had great depth. The hard part is waiting and being patient with the young guys to develop. The good part is they now have to earn jobs instead of being handed jobs. the best spot to be.

You left out Callahan somewhere in there.

Lmao forgot about the gambling stuff ... I'll change it up ... As for marchenko sadly I do believe he I'll start with the griffins , trust me I'd much rather have him in detroit

Svechnikov will stay in the juniors , pretty sure I read that somewhere and as for turgeon can't say I'm 100% certain but I do believe he'll go back Down for his last year with portland

Could be with marchenko. which is why I am hopefull-but not holding my breath, that there is one major trade this summer. we have the pieces to do it and the need.

I was going through the news feeds by the RW and griffs and didn't see anything were Aubry has been resigned. Same with Hoggan, Porter, Zeingerle, Callahan etc..... Now some may have 2 year deals. If they come back or so do, then we can do a depth chart for Toledo! More depth! of course all these prospects at some point need to step up and become actual players, but good days are ahead! We think......

Could be with marchenko. which is why I am hopefull-but not holding my breath, that there is one major trade this summer. we have the pieces to do it and the need.

I was going through the news feeds by the RW and griffs and didn't see anything were Aubry has been resigned. Same with Hoggan, Porter, Zeingerle, Callahan etc..... Now some may have 2 year deals. If they come back or so do, then we can do a depth chart for Toledo! More depth! of course all these prospects at some point need to step up and become actual players, but good days are ahead! We think......

Zengerle is signed for next year and porter is gone .. Not sure about hogan and a few others

On Callahan, yes we may want him back. But does he want to return? What else can he do in the AHL? he is blocked with the RW's and may want to go to another team where he would get a shot at the NHL. If Svech goes back to junior the is a need for him with the Griffs.

Red Wings:

Z-Datsyuk-Abby

Nyquist-Richards-tatar

Helm-Sheahan-Pulks

Jurco-Glendening-Miller

Andersson-ferraro

Dekeyser-Green

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Marchenko

Kindl

Howard/Mrazek

Griffins:

Mantha-larkin-Svech

Burtuzzi-AA-nastasiak

Tvrdon-Nosek-meile

???-turgeon-Campbell

Bruton-Frk

Oullett-Sproul

Lashoff-Jensen

Evens-Hicketts

????

McCollum-Coreau

svechnikov will be back in junior and miele signed a 1 way contract

Turgeon will be back in Portland Edited by PumpkinEscobar

I'd rather see Richards center the third line. Give the time Sheahan and see if he can benefit from an increased role.

As far as the D pairings go, I'm really torn. Green was pretty much delegated to a third-pairing role for the Caps, but given our depth, he's going to fill a second-pairing role. I'd love to see Kronwall-Dekeyser as the first pairing, but you'd be leaving a lot of defensive responsibility on the table with pairings like Ericsson/Smith - Green.

Yep and seems you know the answer while typing it, but I like what you're getting at.

As a recipe when all d-men can't play offensively, they (now Blashill et al) mix the defensive pairings with 1 offensively capable and 1 more defensive player. This year that means (5 on 5):

1st def line: Ericsson - Kronwall

2nd def line: Green - DeKeyser

3rd def line: To be decided

This is within the system of the team tactics. Easy to see if you watch carefully.

Of course it'd be nice if all defensemen stickhandled like Datsyuk or outlet passed like Keith but we aren't quite there yet.

Edited by Jacksoni

last year Sheahan had 3 whole points more than Richards. maybe he gets better over time. But and I think this is the plan: Sheahan has to earn the minutes. Which is the way it should be. If he does: GREAT!

What is with "need" to get rid on Quincey. They guy played good last year and is a pretty good guy to be on our third pairing. I think some people have just branded him in a certain light, and it doesn't matter how he plays they will always see him that way.

Edited by kliq

On Callahan, yes we may want him back. But does he want to return? What else can he do in the AHL? he is blocked with the RW's and may want to go to another team where he would get a shot at the NHL. If Svech goes back to junior the is a need for him with the Griffs.

Callahan is RFA. He doesn't have much choice. Barring the unlikely event of someone claiming him off waivers, he'll be back in GR. Same goes for Aubry. Also, none of Turgeon, Hicketts, or Svechnikov are AHL eligible. If I had to guess at the GR roster (barring any UFA additions):

AA-Larkin-Bert

Mantha-Meile-Callahan

Tvrdon-Nosek-Nastasiuk

Zengerle-Aubry-Campbell

Frk with Hoggan or one of Ferraro/Andersson possible for the last spot (and if one of those three, they probably bump one of the bottom six out of the lineup).

Ouellet-Marchenko

Evans-Sproul

Lashoff - Jensen

Probably a revolving door of Toledo scrubs

McCollum

Coreau

What is with "need" to get rid on Quincey. They guy played good last year and is a pretty good guy to be on our third pairing. I think some people have just branded him in a certain light, and it doesn't matter how he plays they will always see him that way.

That, and some people are obsessed with the kids, even though none have yet shown to be a definite upgrade over Smith/Kindl let alone Q or E. Also, he is in the last year of his contract and seems destined to move on after the year.

I think it would just be good asset management. We have plenty of depth at D, Quincey is unlikely to return, so why not go out and try to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

IIRC Turgeon signed a pro contract and can't go back to junior anymore. Svech can as of today. But there are some funny rules between the NHL/CHL/AHL etc....

He's just loaned back to Portland by the Wings for his fourth season of juniors. I believe they can put him in GR for 9 games though if they choose.

I think it would just be good asset management. We have plenty of depth at D, Quincey is unlikely to return, so why not go out and try to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

If come the trade deadline we are out of the playoff picture, of course. However having a quality d-man playing on our third pairing can be a HUGE asset come playoff time. Plus, there is not a chance in hell that our d-men all stay healthy all year round. He's a good player, who played well last year.

Also, if you read my comment I didn't say getting rid of him would be the end of the world, I was saying I don't get why people always act like we "need" to get rid of him. I personally would like to keep him, but at the same time if the right deal came around I wouldn't be opposed to trading him as he is obviously not apart of our young core moving forward.

On KFQ.

1. he has trade value. Kindl doesn't.

2. To many Dmen on the roster.

3. Holland has already said that Oullett and Marchenko are ready. marchenko played in the PO's remember.

4. You are not going to keep him as the 7th Dmen. 4.25 million cap hi sitting in the press box is piss poor cap management.

5. True the young guys haven't shown much/anything yet. How is that going to happen if they don't play?

6. To date this still isn't a SC caliber team. For that to happen we need to have more talent. Do we have that talent in the minors or not? No one knows. The only way to find out is to play the guys. KFQ is not part of our long term plans. So move him add the pick we are short in the 2016 draft and continue to build.

On KFQ.

3. Holland has already said that Oullett and Marchenko are ready. marchenko played in the PO's remember.

4. You are not going to keep him as the 7th Dmen. 4.25 million cap hi sitting in the press box is piss poor cap management.

5. True the young guys haven't shown much/anything yet. How is that going to happen if they don't play?

6. To date this still isn't a SC caliber team. For that to happen we need to have more talent. Do we have that talent in the minors or not? No one knows. The only way to find out is to play the guys. KFQ is not part of our long term plans. So move him add the pick we are short in the 2016 draft and continue to build.

2.4 or 2.75 million sitting in the press-box is not enticing either. (Kindl/Smith)

On KFQ.

Please tell me how much press box sitting KFQ did last year?

Quincey was one of our best d-men last season, him and Dekeyser were a really, really good second pair.

True. But and this is key, Holland and Blashill have both talked about dekeyser-Green and Kronwall-Ericsson being the top 2 pairs with YTD being the 3rd pair. Now we just resigned Smith to a 2 year deal. So he is going to get first shot you would have to think. That leaves Kindl, KFQ, and marchenko fighting for minutes on the 3rd pair. if marchenko is up he has to play. Otherwise leave him in GR. Kindl is in the box most nights. Yes to much money but it is what it is. Buy him out next summer baring a major step forward this year.

Now because KFQ was good last year, his value is at an all time high. he might get us a second round pick. it is hard to imagine him ever playing better than last year, history suggests he can and has played much worse, which would drop his value. Make the move now and rejoice!