Gustav Nyquist signed 4-Year Deal $4.75 mill AAV

Rate this topic

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774511

Cap-hit/Salary not available yet.

EDIT:

Nyquist w/DET is $19M over four years.

EDIT:

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman 9m9 minutes ago

Just confirmed the last two years of Nyquist's deal has a full no-trade clause.

Edited by e_prime

Holland is on a streak, 4.75 for a player entering prime? This will be a major steal in hindsight if nyquist can keep up his goal scoring and get used to playoff hockey.

Upwards of 5 mill and 6 million my a**

Edited by kickazz

For that cap hit I was hoping we would of gotten another year added to the deal .... A few people are definetly taking a hike now with that 4.75 hit

I know Blashill was talking about giving kindl a shot but gotta think Kenny's gonna do everything to get rid of him

Anyone else we can get rid of ?

Ericsson. The guy is overpaid. Not sure there'd be any takers. Then next year KFQ and Richards are off the books. That's over $10M in space with those 3.

Holland is on a streak, 4.75 for a player entering prime? This will be a major steal in hindsight if nyquist can keep up his goal scoring and get used to playoff hockey.

Upwards of 5 mill and 6 million my a**

I think we both got a fair deal ... He had what ? 2 27 goal seasons ? I think 4.75 is more than fair , wouldn't call it a steal

Just think the other gm's throwing 7.5 per at the ryan o'reillys of the league are f***en morons

Hate ken holland all you will for not making more deals and so on, but he'll never over pay someone

If Gus was asking for 7 per he'd be gone

Ericsson. The guy is overpaid. Not sure there'd be any takers. Then next year KFQ and Richards are off the books. That's over $10M in space with those 3.

0% chance Ericsson gets dealt ... I know a lot of people here hate him but we don't have guys his size in the back

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I think we both got a fair deal ... He had what ? 2 27 goal seasons ? I think 4.75 is more than fair , wouldn't call it a steal

Just think the other gm's throwing 7.5 per at the ryan o'reillys of the league are f***en morons

Hate ken holland all you will for not making more deals and so on, but he'll never over pay someone

If Gus was asking for 7 per he'd be gone

0% chance Ericsson gets dealt ... I know a lot of people here hate him but we don't have guys his size in the back

What's the point of size when you don't use it. hickets uses his size more then Ericsson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by darkmanx

For that cap hit I was hoping we would of gotten another year added to the deal .... A few people are definetly taking a hike now with that 4.75 hit

I know Blashill was talking about giving kindl a shot but gotta think Kenny's gonna do everything to get rid of him

Anyone else we can get rid of ?

With the following forwards/dmen + Howard and Mrazek we sit just over 67.5 million*.

Dats, Zetterberg, Nyquist, Franzen, Richards, Tatar, Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Sheahan, Glendening

Green, Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Kindl, Dekeyser

$3.891 of space to sign Jurco, Pulkkinen. MORE than enough room.

*This assumes that Franzen will start the season on the roster, that Andersson, Ferraro, XO, and Marchenko will all be in GR.

So, we don't have to move a single player

Winging It In Motown @wingingitmotown 15m15 minutes ago

Remember when Cleary’s contract made Nyquist the odd man out? Oh, sweet justice.. You taste so good.

:siren: :siren: :siren::hysterical:

Edited by e_prime

Yes if we look at current performance. But he's just entering prime so he very well could produce much higher when hes 27 and still on current contract, that's when it will look like a steal. All assumption of course.

With the following forwards/dmen + Howard and Mrazek we sit just over 67.5 million*.

Dats, Zetterberg, Nyquist, Franzen, Richards, Tatar, Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Sheahan, Glendening

*This assumes that Franzen will start the season on the roster, that Andersson, Ferraro, XO, and Marchenko will all be in GR.

Exactly. Moves will only be made because of roster space, not cap hits.

What's the point of size when you don't use it. hickets uses his size more then Ericsson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't count if your 5'8 and when you hit someone your the one that falls :P

Where did you see that? Nhlnumbers says we got 1.2 million left , and I thought we had around 5 million before is signing so I can't see how we'd have 4 million left to sign jurco and pulks

Doesn't count if your 5'8 and when you hit someone your the one that falls :P

Where did you see that? Nhlnumbers says we got 1.2 million left , and I thought we had around 5 million before is signing so I can't see how we'd have 4 million left to sign jurco and pulks

NHLnumbers, GeneralFanager, and CapFriendly all have different cap totals and include different contracts in their totals.

So, I used the contract numbers available (which are all correct) for the players that will probably be on the roster and a calculator.

Also, you have to remember that we can be over the cap (forget the exact %) and just have to be compliant by the start of the season.

I fully expect that we will be over until we trim the roster. I'm just pointing out that currently, we would be cap compliant with Franzen on the roster with Jurco and Pulks signed and with Marchenko and XO in GR. So, we don't have to fret too much about moving someone right away.

Edited by e_prime