• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Kane case headed to grand jury

Rate this topic

Or, as it has been noted, she hovered over Kane for several hours at the club, repulsing other girls who got close, witness reports state she was going home with him as was her agressive intention. Spending several hours in a club, then ride home, it could have easily happened there.

Wow. A bartender mentioned that a woman he couldn't identify as the victim was hanging around Kane that night. Please don't change the story to support a bias.

Wow. A bartender mentioned that a woman he couldn't identify as the victim was hanging around Kane that night. Please don't change the story to support a bias.

I read the same article in the Buffalo news...

http://www.buffalonews.com/feed/new-details-emerge-in-allegations-against-nhl-star-patrick-kane-20150809

Edited by F.Michael

Unfortunately, there is no official 'story' to go by at the moment. As such, our biases will play a factor in these discussions until all the facts are presented to the grand jury. Until then this is all we can go by as our biases both result in a different version of 'the story'.

Edited by LAWings

A story I read was that it was the victim's friend who was hanging on Kane and insisted on going home with him, the victim went along to look out for her drunk friend.

We don't know what happened. What we do know is that we have an alleged victim who deserves to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, there is no official 'story' to go by at the moment. As such, our biases will play a factor in these discussions until all the facts are presented to the grand jury. Until then this is all we can go by as our biases both result in a different version of 'the story'.

I'm not trying to call you out personally on this, but don't you think that attitude is messed up given the circumstance?

I'm not trying to call you out personally on this, but don't you think that attitude is messed up given the circumstance?

What? I took the position that no one knows what the facts are, and our personal bias will in the meantime fill in the blanks as to what we 'think' happened. That is called having an open mind before the actual trial starts where they present the facts.

It seems that you have already assumed Kane is guilty, and that anything anyone says contrary is messed up to you. That, my friend is your bias, and exactly what I am referring to.

What? I took the position that no one knows what the facts are, and our personal bias will in the meantime fill in the blanks as to what we 'think' happened. That is called having an open mind before the actual trial starts where they present the facts.

It seems that you have already assumed Kane is guilty, and that anything anyone says contrary is messed up to you. That, my friend is your bias, and exactly what I am referring to.

Any more messed up than thinking that a woman who reported a crime is a money hungry liar (as quite a few around here have not so subtly insinuated)?

This woman has done NOTHING to have her character called into question. She reported an alleged crime, and obeyed the directives of the legal system thereafter.

What should she have done differently in order to be taken seriously?

Not talked to the media...oh wait, she didn't.

Reported the crime immediately...oh wait, she did.

Refuse to settle the case out of court...Yep, did that too.

Apparently, if you're a woman (and you want to be taken seriously when reporting a sexual crime), you better have never been drunk or horny in your life because god knows you can't be raped if you made out with a guy in a bar earlier in the night.

This is shameful. What if you reported a stolen car and everyone assumed you were lying in order to defraud the insurance company? Oh, that's right, it woudn't happen because nobody is insane enough to assume that kind of thing regularly occurs. Unless you're a woman, and you report a rape...then you're obviously weaving a nefarious web of deceit.

The most obnoxious thing about this is that nobody actually believe the b.s. they're spewing.

If your daughter, or sister, or girlfriend, or wife, or mother reported an alleged sexual assualt, nobody here would think "well she was hitting on that guy at the bar, so I've got to consider the possibility that maybe she just wants his money".

Nobody. Would. Think. That.

Edited by kipwinger

Go back and look through what I said.

Did I state my position, or post what facts have came through?

I'll wait.

I didn't say a damn thing for you to suggest that my bias' has filled in any blanks as to my position on the subject, and furthermore, you calling me out on an opinion(that I never took) after using your own bias is kind of insane.

And I asked you a question, didn't question your motives, or your take on the case, so I'd appreciate you not assigning an opinion to me about something so sickening as if it were a trivial matter.

I didn't state my opinion for the reason that this isn't something to take lightly, or speculate about especially given the fact that has come out.

Imagine if you reported a physical assault, as in, a physical beating you received.

Now imagine everyone assuming you're lying about it because earlier in the night you'd been seen drinking beer with the guy who later beat you.

Seem crazy? That's because it is. NOTHING that happened at the bar earlier in the night precludes Patrick Kane from having committed a crime after they went back to his house. Nothing.

Attempts to explain way the seriousness of the allegation based on something that was happening hours earlier are completely nuts. By that rationale a man couldn't rape his wife because she's probably agree to have sex with him at some point in the past.

Edited by kipwinger

Did you mean to say "should go"?

Everything off topic after my post was deleted. Everything. I'm not going to constantly clean up threads. If it can't be kept on topic, it will be locked. This is not directed at you personally, but to all who replied after my post. The discussion needs to be taken to PMs after that, as should any and all helpful hints to mods about threads. They don't belong in general discussion.

This is an old report, something that is all speculation on the part of the bartender making the claims, having no idea who it is that is making the accusation.

The bigger problem is there apparently is no evidence of Kane's DNA below her waist, which could be very problematic for her case.

This is an old report, something that is all speculation on the part of the bartender making the claims, having no idea who it is that is making the accusation.

The bigger problem is there apparently is no evidence of Kane's DNA below her waist, which could be very problematic for her case.

Ol Patty couldn't finish the deed eh?

:bye:

Probably a strategic decision in response to the fact that Patrick Kane is actively giving interviews and discussing the case. Not good for the potential outcome of your case if the alleged perpetrator of the crime is on every TV in the country saying he didn't do it, and you don't respond at all.

I...don't even know what to say.

So the rape kit was ripped open and *placed at the doorstep of the alleged victim's MOTHER*???? This is some SVU intimidation tactic s*** right here.

I hope heads. *******. roll. Kind of hard to look innocent when you've got goons doing s*** like this...

Horrifying.

Edit: just read tweets referring to the lawyer calling the person that left the bag a "good samaritan." Whistleblower on chain of evidence violation? This is an absolute trip, man.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke