• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT : Carolina Hurricanes at Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

I actually don't care which goalie starts when. Too early in the year to judge which goalie will have a better year.

Na ya gotta go with the flow. Jimmy has been in great form since he started the season so we gotta keep building on that and Montreal will be the bigger test so I say it's a good move. Also Marzek did good against Carolina so there's no point switching that up.

Updated lines:

Justin Abdelkader-Henrik Zetterberg-Dylan Larkin

Tomas Tatar-Brad Richards-Tomas Jurco

Gustav Nyquist-Riley Sheahan-Teemu Pulkkinen

Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-Landon Ferraro

Joakim Andersson (healthy scratch)

On defense:

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Kyle Quincey-Mike Green

Brendan Smith-Jakub Kindl

Jurco on the second line, for all you slappies out there. If he can play strong in the corners and protect the puck well I wouldn't even care if he went pointless tonight. That's where his future in the NHL lies in my opinion, in being someone that utilizes his size and can be a difference maker in tight spaces.

What? No one said that, he just mrazek is getting the tougher game, which is true, he'll start against Montreal tomorrow

It seemed like he said exactly that to me. He said 'Mrazek is getting the tougher assignments for sure.' Plural 'assignments' indicates that he was referring to the season thus far and not just this weekend.

There is also his well established track record of seemingly 100% positivity toward younger players/prospects and 100% negativity toward veteran players.

Edited by barabbas16

Jurco on the second line, for all you slappies out there. If he can play strong in the corners and protect the puck well I wouldn't even care if he went pointless tonight. That's where his future in the NHL lies in my opinion, in being someone that utilizes his size and can be a difference maker in tight spaces.

He's more assertive this season. His shoulders and considerably lower stance in close quarter combat tells me he's been beefing up, he's got the goods now to push most people around. I'm with you, me likey.

Early Abdelkader reminiscence stuff, if he pans out to be Abdel 2 we have dynamite, If not, decent trade bait.

Edited by Jacksoni

If Jurco can compliment skill players (i.e. skate with them, take their passes, work a cycle with them, maintain possession in the O-zone, etc.), drive the net/screen, and bang in the occasional rebound he will both justify his place in the top nine (or six) as well as set himself up for future success as he finds a new game and increases his comfort level.

He's just got to get it through his head that he's not Marian Gaborik, and he's probably never going to score like that. I think sometimes he wants to be a slick player more than he wants to be an effective one. And is that any surprise when you look back at him doing all his fun puck tricks? He obviously fancied himself a dangler, but his future success probably depends on playing simpler.

There's no sense trying to be a bad Gaborik when you could be a perfectly good Radim Vrbata.

I'm fine with jurco where he is.

I absolutely loathe nyquist and tatar on the same line.

I do too, they're trash together.

Now that I made that Radim Vrbata comparision, I started watching the Sedin, Sedin, Vrbata line from last year, and I don't see why Tatar, Datsyuk, and Jurco couldn't be that when Dats gets back. For now leave them with Richards, but I think a line with those three has huge potential.

Larkin-Z-Abby

Tatar-Pav-Jurco

Nyquist-Richards-Sheahan

Helm-Glen-Miller

Yikes.

Edited by kipwinger

In her latest twitter update, Helene St. James not so subtly calls Joakim Andersson a "plug". Is it just me or is her coverage getting weirdly critical and negative. It's like there's always subtext. Maybe I'm just reading into it, but it always seems like a backhanded barb or something.

Recent headlines include:

"Red Wings' Franzen (head) out Indefinitely - again"

"If no Glendening Friday when Wings host Carolina, Joakim Andersson available to plug hole."

"Red Wings' Jurco plays 'pretty well' in season debut".

"The Detroit Red Wings are too savvy to read much into their hot little start".

Edited by kipwinger

In her latest twitter update, Helene St. James not so subtly calls Joakim Andersson a "plug". Is it just me or is her coverage getting weirdly critical and negative. It's like there's always subtext. Maybe I'm just reading into it, but it always seems like a backhanded barb or something.

Recent headlines include:

"Red Wings' Franzen (head) out Indefinitely - again"

"If no Glendening Friday when Wings host Carolina, Joakim Andersson available to plug hole."

"Red Wings' Jurco plays 'pretty well' in season debut".

"The Detroit Red Wings are too savvy to read much into their hot little start".

Helene St. James to "cover" Red Wings as result of Journalistic void in southern Michigan.

It's not even that I necessarily think she's bad (she is), it's that she seems like she's bad AND kind of an ******* too.

Here's another gem I just remembered.

"As the NHL trade deadline ticks down to a dozen days leeway, one of the reasons the Detroit Red Wings approach with calm is a gangly young Russian."

Echolalia, I'd argue that through preseason and his only regular season game so far, Jurco has done just that. He has played very strong in the corners and protected the puck very well. He's a great complimentary player to any top 9 line. The points haven't come yet, but there's not a question in my mind that they will. I just don't like when players get a game or two, and if they don't produce right away, they're demoted. Give the kid a legitimate chance, and he will produce for sure. He has proven chemistry with Tatar and the countrymen really enjoy playing together. I hope they stick together.

Kip, I've said for about a year now, that's a line I would love to see together. Tatar - Datsyuk - Jurco definitely has the potential to be a dinamite line.