• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Byfuglien - What would he cost?

Rate this topic

No way they'd expect Mantha....Sproul and XO are two of our TOP D prospects, NHL ready, the 1st rounder may be another mid teen pick and Helm is Helm. That is plenty of a package.

This is why we dont get Yandle. Why we dont get Niskanen. Etc. Because - YES, the other team DOES want something of value in return. Helm is not valueable anymore. Ouellet and Sproul cant make our team, so why would another NHL team be excited about them? Picks -ok. 1st round picks are valueable. If we really want Byfuglien NOW, the deal starts with Mantha and a first, and then probably includes one of Smith, Kindl, or Marchenko. If we say "hell no", then Byfuglien goes to Buffalo or Edmonton at a later date. If I were the GM, I'd be willing to part with Kindl, Mantha, and a first for Byfuglien.

F*** Byfuglien! If I'm giving up a ridiculous package including a top prospect like Mantha plus a first round pick, I want Trouba. Byfuglien is not going to cost anything close to that. If he had years left on his contract, maybe, but he doesn't, so he won't... I wouldn't pay that much for Byfuglien, even if he did have years on his contract, but that's probably just me not being his biggest fan, and still being very high on Mantha...

F*** Byfuglien! If I'm giving up a ridiculous package including a top prospect like Mantha plus a first round pick, I want Trouba. Byfuglien is not going to cost anything close to that. If he had years left on his contract, maybe, but he doesn't, so he won't... I wouldn't pay that much for Byfuglien, even if he did have years on his contract, but that's probably just me not being his biggest fan, and still being very high on Mantha...

I hear you. I dont want to lose Mantha either. But the fact is we are not going to get a top quality ufa to be for a package of things you can do without. Helm, Ouellet, and a 3rd is going to get you Zidlicky. Not Byfuglien.

I hear you. I dont want to lose Mantha either. But the fact is we are not going to get a top quality ufa to be for a package of things you can do without. Helm, Ouellet, and a 3rd is going to get you Zidlicky. Not Byfuglien.

Except they got Zidlicky for JUST a 3rd. So I don't know what you're talking about.

But it's good to see we're finally "under" valuing our players and prospects for a change.

The narrative to most of your posts is that we suck, and that Holland has done a horrible job in putting this team together. Given that this is your opinion, why would you want us to trade top end prospects for an impending UFA? You only go for impending UFA's like Byfulien if you think you have a shot at the cup. If you think we have a shot at the cup, then that means Holland has done an excellant job and is only a peice or two away.

So which is it? Do we suck and we should let your young kids play? Or are we legit contenders who are a peice or two away from competing for a cup? You cant have it both ways.

If we were in a comfortable spot heading into playoffs and it looks like Z, D, Tatar, Nyquist and Larkin are on fire and projected to make a deep playoff run then I'd give up Mantha and whatever for Byf if he's the recipe to guarantee a cup.

A lot of "IFs" involved here.

Except they got Zidlicky for JUST a 3rd. So I don't know what you're talking about.

But it's good to see we're finally "under" valuing our players and prospects for a change.

Yah, if a prospect is 18 and is 6'1" 195, but his dad was 6'3", 235 (Tkachuk and son), I might be a little more patient. But Sproul and Ouellet have 3 years in GR and still arent in the immediate plans of the Red Wings. They might never make it if we trade for a guy and/or pick up the Dylan Larkin of defensemen in this upcoming draft. Why is another team going to start creaming their shorts over our defensemen in GR? At this point, I just look at Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen, and Lashoff as #8, #9, and #10, and #11 on the Wings. Calling any of these guys "prospects" is a little homerish.

The narrative to most of your posts is that we suck, and that Holland has done a horrible job in putting this team together. Given that this is your opinion, why would you want us to trade top end prospects for an impending UFA? You only go for impending UFA's like Byfulien if you think you have a shot at the cup. If you think we have a shot at the cup, then that means Holland has done an excellant job and is only a peice or two away.

So which is it? Do we suck and we should let your young kids play? Or are we legit contenders who are a peice or two away from competing for a cup? You cant have it both ways.

We are missing pieces, obviously. We dont suck, but that has nothing to do with Holland. Holland is a terrible GM who only works 3 days a year. He's taken credit for the genius of Devellano, Andersson, Bowman, and Nill. Now that they are all gone, his inability to land UFA's and put together a legit contender are showing clear as day. I dont need another 10 years of 1st round exits to see it. But we do NOT suck. Far from it. We need better bottom 6 forwards. 2 to be exact. We have Miller and Andersson, and they need to be replaced. We need a tough, big defenseman who wont let Z and others get hooked for 60 minutes. That Carolina game was abysmal because the Red Wings werent getting calls and all they did was whine about it. You gotta do something about it - smash a guy's face in. Not hug him to the ice like Tatar. So bring up Athanasiou and get Datsyuk back. Then trade Mantha, Kindl, and a first for Byfuglien. Then we're in business.

We are missing pieces, obviously. We dont suck, but that has nothing to do with Holland. Holland is a terrible GM who only works 3 days a year. He's taken credit for the genius of Devellano, Andersson, Bowman, and Nill. Now that they are all gone, his inability to land UFA's and put together a legit contender are showing clear as day. I dont need another 10 years of 1st round exits to see it. But we do NOT suck. Far from it. We need better bottom 6 forwards. 2 to be exact. We have Miller and Andersson, and they need to be replaced. We need a tough, big defenseman who wont let Z and others get hooked for 60 minutes. That Carolina game was abysmal because the Red Wings werent getting calls and all they did was whine about it. You gotta do something about it - smash a guy's face in. Not hug him to the ice like Tatar. So bring up Athanasiou and get Datsyuk back. Then trade Mantha, Kindl, and a first for Byfuglien. Then we're in business.

I thought you addressed this in another thread. It doesn't make sense to trade a player with Mantha's potential for a rental.

The guys I'd want from Winnipeg are Scheifele (not going anywhere), Trouba or of course Wheeler who I think could be available if contract talks are going south.

Blake Wheeler is under contract for the next six years. You must be thinking of Ladd, who is a free agent after this year, and who Winnipeg can't get re-signed.

Blake Wheeler is under contract for the next six years. You must be thinking of Ladd, who is a free agent after this year, and who Winnipeg can't get re-signed.

What do you mean? You referring to him being to expensive?

From what im told, Theyre sort of in a situation like us in that they have alot of talent coming up, with not many places to put them, that and the fact that supposedly the contract talks never really progressed to a point where they'd call it close. And ladds camps broke off negotiations once the season started, so they're in a position where if they were to lose both Byfuglien and Ladd at the same time for nothing, I imagine there would have to be some backlash.

Not saying they can't replace it internally, because they probably can, (ehlers is going to be good) and losing buff is a weird one, they have good d depth, but no matter how you slice it losing a physical top pairing guy for nothing with his skills is poor asset management.

But this is second hand from friends, and perusing hfboards, so I don't know how accurate it is.

But I would welcome either of them here next off season.

Neither would be cheap, for sure, but north are probably worth it. Ladd has been pretty underrated for a while. Awesome player.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Various reports have mentioned that the contract talks between Ladd and the Jets have stalled. He said all the right things before the season, "I like it here", "We're going in the right direction" etc. Plus he's their captain. So it really should have been a slam dunk. The fact that it wasn't probably means that A) he doesn't want to be there, B) they don't want to spend what he'll surely make on the open market.

Either way, Ladd and Winnipeg aren't in the same ballpark right now.

The thing with Byuflin is simple: he is fat and overweight and once he starts to get up their in age it will catch up to him, plus some team is for going to offer him a boatload of money for max-term I just hope it's not the Wings.

As far as Ladd is concerned I always thought the guyh as been underrated be it in Chicago or now in Winnipeg. The guy has good size and his pt totals have gone up every year so something like 7 mill for the next 5 years would be nice. From what I've read it sounds like Ladd's camp gave Cheveldaynoff a deadline (getting it done in the summer or no talks) and they missed it, so now the ball is on the Jets side.

But I've already heard rumors that Kopitar's camp is getting pissed of with Lombardi and his negotiation style man if that plays out the right way, the Red Bird III better be landing in slovenia in the off-season :)

Edited by frankgrimes

I don't think there is a single potential UFA in the last 10 years (including Suter) that I get more excited about becoming available than Kopitar. I would have to be sedated if the Wings signed him. And wasn't he a Red Wings fan growing up?

yep.

And his favorite player was #91

I love His game, my Only concern is his price tag.

Kopitar man... He is Henrik Zetterberg 2.0. Except I'd say Z has a bit of a better hockey IQ.

If you watch his highlights he plays exactly like him. I've never seen someone replicate someones play like that except maybe Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan.

Same wide angle goals, same back hand power shot, same slap shot, And he does the forseberg shootout move too. Same exact forehand/backhand deke. The only difference is Kopitar looks like he does all this with less effort since he's a bigger guy.

A lot of their highlight reel goals are almost exactly the same it's really freaky. I was planning on making a Z/Kopi "replicative" highlight video a while back but got too lazy.

Edited by kickazz

Kopitar would cost at least $8.5M I would think. He is at $6.8M right now, IF he wanted to be a Wing I don't think he fact that he was a fan would factor into the money he would accept from Holland. That would be a score of the century that is for sure! Why not we trade for him? Now if we're talking Kopitar, I have no issue including Mantha in a huge package.

I would offer him 72 mill over 7 years it's close to Toews' money but not as high.

8,5 for Kopitar is a joke it will take at least Malkin like money to even get the conversation started which it should guy is a - awesome comparison - a younger, bigger Z in his prime

9m/yr would Be tough to work into the salary cap and re-sign our guys. But if he hadn't signed and the kings arent looking like contenders (and we get our stuff together) our first round pick to replace the one they lost would probably be enticing, along with some other assets that Wed need To get rid anyway for the cap/roster spot. Assuming they get an extension done pre trade, I'm sure they'd be able to make it work.

Kopitar man... He is Henrik Zetterberg 2.0. Except I'd say Z has a bit of a better hockey IQ.

If you watch his highlights he plays exactly like him. I've never seen someone replicate someones play like that except maybe Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan.

Same wide angle goals, same back hand power shot, same slap shot, And he does the forseberg shootout move too. Same exact forehand/backhand deke. The only difference is Kopitar looks like he does all this with less effort since he's a bigger guy.

A lot of their highlight reel goals are almost exactly the same it's really freaky. I was planning on making a Z/Kopi "replicative" highlight video a while back but got too lazy.

Actually I'd love to see that if you did.