• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/15 GDT : Red Wings at Philadelphia Flyers, 7:30 ET

Rate this topic

I'm so fricking sick of hearing how (insert ANY opposing goalie name) has played remarkably against the Red Wings. It's not remarkable when everyone does it. The only remarkable thing is how the Red Wings can literally be kept from scoring by any goalie and any team.

Even with no scoring, our top two lines look good. Everyone else is a dumpster fire. But I say keep the top two lines together for a while.

They're getting chances, but Philly is relaxing on a two goal lead. I want to see goals, not cockteasing scoring chances.

There may be a thread on this somewhere, but recently there was an article from Winging It In Motown about why Blashill's system hasn't worked, and basically it boils down to when Lidstrom retired, Babcock knew his remaining D was largely mediocre, so he altered the system to mask their deficiencies and play very conservatively.

Blashill's system relies upon having a smart, quick D that can make those first outlet passes out of their zone to transition to offense. Problem is, we don't have the personnel for that system to work, and it's been a problem all year(Kronner and Green were supposed to be the go-to guys for this, but we all know how that has panned out)

link: http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/3/9/11181526/why-mike-babcock-was-the-perfect-coach-for-these-red-wings

They're getting chances, but Philly is relaxing on a two goal lead. I want to see goals, not cockteasing scoring chances.

I agree, but this game is clearly a mindscrew for the team. Nothing's going to go in no matter what that would make a difference. They're the only bright spot and in a new game they might do something. There aren't any better line combos.