• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF : Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

Wait wait wait, there's a Chicago *** hockey association? Sweet fancy Moses

So does Detroit. And literally every other hockey state. I'm not sure why you're surprised. This is the world we live in now. Tons of *** folks are playing hockey now. Shaw will likely end up apologizing.

Anddd looks like he did-

“I am sincerely sorry for the insensitive remarks that I made last night while in the penalty box. When I got home and saw the video, it was evident that what I did was wrong, no matter the circumstances. I apologize to many people, including the *** and lesbian community, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, Blackhawks fans and anyone else I may have offended. I know my words were hurtful and I will learn from my mistake."

Anyways it's whatever. He'll either get reprimanded or the NHL will take his apology and perhaps give him a warning. It's not that big of a deal. They still have a series to win or lose here.

While that may be true but did anyone realistically expect the Hawks bowing out in 5 games? The Blues are a fantastic team and are playing the brand of hockey I like but this outcome has to be surprising. If you think about it with the right calls in game 2 they would have swept! the champions already. To me that should be a big story and raise some questionmarks for the Hawks?

Is the series already over? Blues are more than capable of blowing it and Chicago is more than capable of coming back. This isn't the Wings being down 3-1 to Tampa.

Wait wait wait, there's a Chicago ggayy hockey association? Sweet fancy Moses

Don't know whats funnier this or some teams doing spanish "soccerstyle" commentating. God I wish hockey would go back to the way it once was. Media should be used to report about the game and nothing else, I don#t care if a player is expecting a baby, what he is or isn't saying I want information about the games nothing else. Disappointed in Shaw if I were him I'd tell the offended folks to find something else to do in their free time...Redskins owners style.

Can't believe the Hawks are even talking about a non story, they have to win all of the next games or they are out that and nothing else should be their focus.

Of course the Hawks aren't out yet but they need to figure stuff out because one line isn't gonna cut it against the Blues who finally seem to have a very dangerous line with Tarasenko - Schwarz - Lechtera.

Edited by frankgrimes

Don't know whats funnier this or some teams doing spanish "soccerstyle" commentating. God I wish hockey would go back to the way it once was. Media should be used to report about the game and nothing else, I don#t care if a player is expecting a baby, what he is or isn't saying I want information about the games nothing else. Disappointed in Shaw if I were him I'd tell the offended folks to find something else to do in their free time...Redskins owners style.

Can't believe the Hawks are even talking about a non story, they have to win all of the next games or they are out that and nothing else should be their focus.

Of course the Hawks aren't out yet but they need to figure stuff out because one line isn't gonna cut it against the Blues who finally seem to have a very dangerous line with Tarasenko - Schwarz - Lechtera.

Lol for someone who complains about players who over-celebrate their goals and accuses them of being classless (recently Damien Brunner) you sure have taken a 180 degree turn in this Andrew Shaw situation. All of a sudden its about the game now. But when a player over celebrates a goal the sky starts fallin.

Is the series already over? Blues are more than capable of blowing it and Chicago is more than capable of coming back. This isn't the Wings being down 3-1 to Tampa.

I honestly won't be surprised if the Blues blow the series.

Edited by kickazz

Lol for someone who complains about players who over-celebrate their goals and accuses them of being classless (recently Damien Brunner) you sure have taken a 180 degree turn in this Andrew Shaw situation. All of a sudden its about the game now. But when a player over celebrates a goal the sky starts fallin.

Well the celebration is about respecting the game itself, it isn't some PC bulls*** driven by questionable people and medias hungry for every possible nonstory. I mean, a reporter stepping onto the Islanders logo should have been a much bigger story but for some reason it wasn't goes to show you, how much some of the media folks know about our game. Anyhow I'm done discussing this non story.

Back to the story:

Go Blues and close it out tomorrow

Edited by frankgrimes

So does Detroit. And literally every other hockey state. I'm not sure why you're surprised. This is the world we live in now. Tons of *** folks are playing hockey now. Shaw will likely end up apologizing.

Anddd looks like he did-

“I am sincerely sorry for the insensitive remarks that I made last night while in the penalty box. When I got home and saw the video, it was evident that what I did was wrong, no matter the circumstances. I apologize to many people, including the *** and lesbian community, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, Blackhawks fans and anyone else I may have offended. I know my words were hurtful and I will learn from my mistake."

Anyways it's whatever. He'll either get reprimanded or the NHL will take his apology and perhaps give him a warning. It's not that big of a deal. They still have a series to win or lose here.

Alternatively:

NHL Public Relations @PR_NHL

Blackhawks’ Andrew Shaw suspended one game, fined $5,000. http://ow.ly/4mUMSI

Ouch. Not that I give the Hawks much chance of a comeback anyway, but Shaw has been huge for them. Suspending a high profile player for the defending champs for an elimination game? This is the NHL sending a league-wide message, loud and clear. I'm all for it - and not just because it hurts Chicago - but I do wish they would show these guts consistently (see: Duncan Keith). Still, credit where credit is due. Huge statement by the NHL.

Edited by Aethernum

Alternatively:

Ouch. Not that I give the Hawks much chance of a comeback anyway, but Shaw has been huge for them. Suspending a high profile player for the defending champs for an elimination game? This is the NHL sending a league-wide message, loud and clear. I'm all for it (and not just because it hurts Chicago), but I do wish they would show these guts consistently. Still, credit where credit is due. Huge statement by the NHL.

Won't be renewing my Center Ice next year. Wings won't be putting out a good enough product for me to care anyway. There are free streams online if they do.

Won't be renewing my Center Ice next year. Wings won't be putting out a good enough product for me to care anyway. There are free streams online if they do.

The fact that Shaw was throwing post-game sucker punches probably didn't help his case. The kid is a goon and I'm glad he'll have a comfortable seat from which to watch his team get eliminated.

I honestly won't be surprised if the Blues blow the series.

Me either, but at the same time I think they'll pull it off. I know they always choke..even the season they got Ryan Miller at the deadline and they looked unstoppable on paper, but got the boot in 6 games in Round 1 to the Hawks. Hopefully this series ends up differently.. They look confident and are playing great hockey. Tarasenko is tearing it up, and Elliot has been better than Crawford. Hawks showed their frustration last night. No reason the Blues can't close out the series.

As for Shaw's actions in the game last night..the league has become way too PC. You used to have to be thick skinned and tough to play in the NHL..no matter what position or role you played. It was rough stuff, players played with bad injuries, and not much was off limits on the ice as far as chirping goes. Who cares..it's hockey. Just let em play.

Caps Blues Stanley Cup and will be the lowest finals tv ratings in quite some time. Wings sign Stamkos in the offseason and trade or buy out the dead weight and fans in Tampa will go back to hoping the Bucs can play football.

I hate Shaw, but I can't agree with this suspension because of the hypocrisy. Players say bad things to each other all the time that we can't hear or see on TV. I doubt what he said qualifies as the worst comment in NHL history. If he said it in a pile of players, there wouldn't be any suspension. Stupid suspension.

This league has become a freaking joke, no wonder people are losing interest in what used to be a real mans game.

Next bring out the pink hockeysticks and the don't touch me signs on a players jersey. Soon our game will turn into soccer on ice for the same questionable audience.

Edited by frankgrimes

This is nothing to be surprised over. Whether or not we agree with the suspension - this has been the norm for a while now. Shaw's suspension is pretty minor compared to what FIFA did years ago (5 countries got fined) and what the NBA did to Kobe Bryant ($100k fine).

And yeah - players definitely say worse things out there and nothing's happened. (Look at Sean Avery history)

Edited by kickazz

This league has become a freaking joke, no wonder people are losing interest in what used to be a real mans game.

Next bring out the pink hockeysticks and the don't touch me signs on a players jersey. Soon our game will turn into soccer on ice for the same questionable audience.

Couldn't agree more. If this doesn't improve I'll just quit watching. I loved to go to hockey games but almost never anymore do since I think the game has gone too soft. I do make exceptions for some local teams I know that brings it on.

Our lack of financial support is the only weapon we have against these changes.

I hate Shaw, but I can't agree with this suspension because of the hypocrisy. Players say bad things to each other all the time that we can't hear or see on TV. I doubt what he said qualifies as the worst comment in NHL history. If he said it in a pile of players, there wouldn't be any suspension. Stupid suspension.

He said it to an official; there's the difference. The league is tasked with keeping officials out-of-bounds for the players, and also with maintaining a pro-family image that sells tickets. This suspension is important in keeping with both of those goals.

Was it something that was obvious to people watching it on Tv?

Yes. I saw it immediately and I'm fairly certain the announcers commented on it, as well.

Edited by Aethernum

He said it to an official; there's the difference. The league is tasked with keeping officials out-of-bounds for the players, and also with maintaining a pro-family image that sells tickets. This suspension is important in keeping with both of those goals.

Oh that's right he said it to an official. Well he's even stupider than I thought :lol:

Edited by kickazz

Out of curiosity, what do you consider a "questionable" audience?

Couldn't agree more. If this doesn't improve I'll just quit watching. I loved to go to hockey games but almost never anymore do since I think the game has gone too soft. I do make exceptions for some local teams I know that brings it on.

Our lack of financial support is the only weapon we have against these changes.

I think the best option would be a different league alltogether. With all things in life the league has become too big for it's own good and is run by people that shouldn't be allowed to run a hockeyleague, because they have no atheltic skills, no passion and no desire for protecting the history or integrity of the game. Also don't give me that family friendly BS because every hockey family knows what's said on the ice stays on the ice, period and Im sure every kid, parent or whoever is using a lot of so called foul language all the time. If people are offended by it so what.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider a "questionable" audience?

look at soccer and some of the stupid stuff that's going on there it's unreal, suits instead of real fans, supporter sections pressured to sign guidlines!! and NHL like prices for a way supbar product. Oh and of course audiences that are more focused on texting on their iphones than watching the game. Since I can't stand the sport that's the last story a good friend of mine told me about his last visit of an so called "internationally important game" from his club don't even know the name.

Edited by frankgrimes