• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2017 Draft

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

If memory serves, the Wings admitted that they drafted mostly for size, grit, intangibles last year. That it was very much a "theme draft."

I think the idea of theme drafting is kind of ass-backwards, but what do I know, I'm just a civilian.

So youre saying they havent even revealed their true truculence level yet?

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So youre saying they havent even revealed their true truculence level yet?

Brian-Burke-Dave-Sandford-330.jpg

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!

Srsly tho, I kinda miss Outspoken General Manager Brian Burke. GMs these days are boring. Not enough heels, and the faces are all vanilla and uninteresting. Not enough personality, not enough drama, not enough controversy, not enough shots fired. Need moar truculence.

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Srsly tho, I kinda miss Outspoken General Manager Brian Burke. GMs these days are boring. Not enough heels, and the faces are all vanilla and uninteresting. Not enough personality, not enough drama, not enough controversy, not enough shots fired. Need moar truculence.

Srsly tho, i got to see Brian speak at an event a couple years ago, and he took questions too. He spoke mostly about his expierence in law, but the man is seriously a bonafide badass away from the cameras and hockey. It's not an act at all. He literally just does not give a flying f*** what anyone thinks about him, and hes honest AF about everything. If I remember correctly someone asked him a very specific question that was borderline a little too personal/private, and he responded "cause f*** you, thats why". He said this very non-chalantly, with no anger, in front of a room of professionals in suits. My sides entered saturns orbit.

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

1. Why even bother with a tie?

2. That guy has more hair at his advanced age than I have ever had in my life. (I am not bald by the way). They need to bottle his hair genes man. They could call it Burpecia.

I saw Petruzelli when he was with the Jacks, and he was a beast in the USHL.  He was #2 goalie on a bad NCAA team last year, I still have high hopes for him.  

I'm still not sold on Rasmussen, but he did show something this year.  I still think he ends up as a winger though.

The other guys?  Who knows.  Once you get outside the top 15-20 picks in any given draft it becomes a crap shoot.  You find guys with a certain attribute that could be NHL level and hope the rest of their game rounds out enough to make it.  Speed is usually easiest to judge, but a lot of teams are looking for that now so it's harder to sneak a good one in the mid to late rounds.  

On 5/15/2018 at 8:47 AM, LeftWinger said:

I've got a strange feeling about Ras. Considering my opinion when he was selected, I even surprise myself with it.

Also, look at Pope and how long it took him to earn a deal. I'm not giving up on these kids yet.

Maybe we should go back to 2014 draft thread and talk about how they're doing.

2014 Draft:

Larkin - Definitely a solid choice and continues to grow and succeed and should be our 1C this upcoming season
Turgeon - Has improved every season since we drafted him. If his recent health issue doesn't get in the way, should be a solid 4th line center (signed for 1 more year)
Ehn - Seems to be a bust. Is a solid defensive forward with little to no offensive upside (signed for 2 more years)
Perry - has regressed and only played 12 games this season, posting a losing record and poor stat-lines and is currently unsigned
Vahatalo - has regressed since we drafted him and is currently unsigned
Holmstrom - just completed his first season with GR and looked decent so we'll see how he does this upcoming season, but looks to factor in as a bottom 6 forward at the NHL level (signed for 1 more year)
Kadeykin - has not shown much progress since having a good first season in the KHL and is currently unsigned