• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

What if Datsyuk didn't leave for the KHL

Rate this topic

I brought it up Frank because the NYI did have interest and did offer him a contract. My logic behind it, is if he feels the Wings are not going to make the playoffs next year as well, maybe he would prefer to go to another team. I never said "I believed" this was going to happen, I said "I wonder if he would". 

One can hope right? But which team is looking for a second line center signed for that contract?

This is the off season where things should change

2 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

One can hope right? But which team is looking for a second line center signed for that contract?

This is the off season where things should change

The team I was talking about was the NYI.

10 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

He's coasting (not moving his legs) and barely moving in that clip. Maybe the slow-motion video is misleading, but I wouldn't even call that charging, let alone a misconduct. Must be different standards in KHL.

They probably knocked him for retaliation. Thought it was clean but they must not like vengeful plays. 

9 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Yeah, Here's my favourite:

Easily one of my favorite Dats plays of all time. He definitely makes a point to let other guys know not to hit him a second time lol. A little more size and a little less talent and he would have made a decent enforcer.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 3/14/2017 at 9:43 PM, kickazz said:

Dam that hit was slightly delayed and they called it. Clean as hell imo.

Must be easy to KO them KHL softies. 

I posted about this in the KHL playoffs thread. That was a late hit lol 

On 3/5/2017 at 5:03 PM, kickazz said:

No, he was leaving Detroit in 2015. They threatened him to take action if he left and cut a verbal deal that if he stayed till end of 2016 season and he was free to go after that. 

Also media contract is not NHL contracts. What we do know from NHL contracts is that Datsyuk's only choice was to retire from hockey or given permission by the Wings to go play in the KHL. He got the permission after agreeing to honor the 2015/16 year.

Usually the two week notice is a way to end the employment on a good note, in case one wants to return. It's a matter of professionalism. Unless of course there's extreme circumstances. But depending on where you work, if you don't give the notice you can be terminated on paper which would mean putting it on your CV could lead to problems in case someone contacted the employer to confirm the employment history. In which case the employer could just say "we terminated him". Like Trump just terminated The Terminator on twitter yesterday. 

I'm liking this just because Trump terminated the Terminator. Epic sir Epic!

Datsyuk leaving is going to draw anger (maybe too strong of a word) and or understanding at the end of the day just depending on how you look at it. He was a great player and a game changer. The ship was sinking no matter what this year I believe Datsyuk or not. Might as well let him go play out what he has left in his legs over the pond. Good news is maybe we can rearm now. (I still rock the 13 in the Joe from time to time)

I remember the road to winter classic where Helm and Smith were talking at dinner, saying when they look up the ice they just try to find number 13 and send the puck that way.

This team would have been a helluva lot better with Datsyuk on it. Maybe even squeaking into the playoffs caliber. The trickle down effect of having a Center of that prominence effects the entire lineup. Sadly, Z cant do it alone.

Had this team been better prepared for a cup run, I could see Dats postponing Russia. Unfortunately it's not, and he may have done us a favor long term by forcing us to start the tank now.

I really feel awful for Zetterberg. If we can somehow go all in and rebuild quickly and get him one more run before the end, id do it, even at the cost of the team longterm. He IS this franchise now. His hardwork deserves the front offices support in this sense I think.