• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Vegas Golden Knights

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Dude they don't even think Ericsson is as bad as the fans make him out to be. Only we as fans don't like him. The players, coaches and management actually think he's good. 

And I agree with that. I think there is also some level of "Swedish Mafia" going on, if you can call it that. That being that Ericsson is probably a good guy and close friends with Zberg, Kronwall, etc etc. and management doesn't wouldn't want to rock the boat there. Kinda like Cleary.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ericsson has actually been really good these past few games. One of our better defensemen in my opinion. Unfortunately, it probably won't last much longer...

Agreed. He's had his stick in the lane at the right times and played will in the corners and actually been good. It's interesting to see the GDT bitching about Ericsson though.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And I agree with that. I think there is also some level of "Swedish Mafia" going on, if you can call it that. That being that Ericsson is probably a good guy and close friends with Zberg, Kronwall, etc etc. and management doesn't wouldn't want to rock the boat there. Kinda like Cleary.

I disagree. He's not that bad to begin with. That's just fake news among the fan base. 

Ericsson is a decent top 4 defenseman that's forced to play top 2 when he shouldn't be. With a good partner (Kronwall pre-knee injury) he was actually good. I would even say he's better than Dekeyser who is probably the most overrated and overpaid defenseman on our team. 

Ericsson he shouldn't be facing top competition he should be facing the lesser competition. He's a good penalty killer because of his size and his stick. He's actually one of the few players on our team that actually uses his size besides Abdelkader. 

Edited by kickazz

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Agreed. He's had his stick in the lane at the right times and played will in the corners and actually been good. It's interesting to see the GDT bitching about Ericsson though.

I disagree. He's not that bad to begin with. That's just fake news among the fan base. 

Ericsson is a decent top 4 defenseman that's forced to play top 2 when he shouldn't be. With a good partner (Kronwall pre-knee injury) he was actually good. I would even say he's better than Dekeyser who is probably the most overrated and overpaid defenseman on our team. 

Ericsson he shouldn't be facing top competition he should be facing the lesser competition. He's a good penalty killer because of his size and his stick. He's actually one of the few players on our team that actually uses his size besides Abdelkader. 

I think you misunderstand me. I agree with everything you say.

I think...

1. Ericsson is not as bad as LGW makes him out to be
2. He's probably a guy well liked in the lockerroom (He still has a close relationship with Franzen as well)
3. Holland would never waive a guy he handed out that much money to anyway

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think...

2. He's probably a guy well liked in the lockerroom (He still has a close relationship with Franzen as well)

No. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think there's a Swedish Mafia thing at all. I think the Red Wings have always respected their veterans and don't throw them under the bus. I don't think it has anything to do with those three being friends.

Cleary

Holmstrom

McCarty

Chelios

Draper

Maltby

We've kept plenty of players around on this team when they shouldn't really have been. Same old s***. In the case of Ericsson I don't think they're necessarily keeping him because he's a Red Wing "veteran". I just think they don't think he's that bad of a player to buyout or put on waiver. But as far as Kronwall, yeah I think he's only kept around because of the same reasons the 6 guys I listed up there were. Loyalty. 

On another note- 

Kronwall has a f***ed up knee because he served the Red Wings. The least they can do is continue to pay him and let him play if he wants to. 

Think about that for a minute. Niklas Kronwall has a f***ed up knee because he was a warrior for the Red Wings for over a decade. And there's fans out there that cuss this guy out because he's not as good anymore. How disgusting is that? I mean I'd love for him to be LTIR'd but some of  the stuff you see on social media written about this guy is ridiculous and classless. Some fans deserve their own knees to be busted.  

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think...

Guilty as charged. I've done it. And yeah it's probably unfair. Putting him up against other teams best players is a recipe for disaster. He's playing a role beyond his skill level and that's not his fault. It's his salary that draws the ire of so many I think. If he was making less, I don't think he would get beaten up as much. Again, not his fault. Holland signed him to that contract and then failed to replace/add any legit top pairing guys. So he gets exposed and then berated for it. 

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

I don't think there's a Swedish Mafia thing at all. I think the Red Wings have always respected their veterans and don't throw them under the bus. I don't think it has anything to do with those three being friends.

Cleary

Holmstrom

McCarty

Chelios

Draper

Maltby

We've kept plenty of players around on this team when they shouldn't really have been. Same old s***. In the case of Ericsson I don't think they're necessarily keeping him because he's a Red Wing "veteran". I just think they don't think he's that bad of a player to buyout or put on waiver. But as far as Kronwall, yeah I think he's only kept around because of the same reasons the 6 guys I listed up there were. Loyalty. 

On another note- 

Kronwall has a f***ed up knee because he served the Red Wings. The least they can do is continue to pay him and let him play if he wants to. 

Think about that for a minute. Niklas Kronwall has a f***ed up knee because he was a warrior for the Red Wings for over a decade. And there's fans out there that cuss this guy out because he's not as good anymore. How disgusting is that? I mean I'd love for him to be LTIR'd but some of  the stuff you see on social media written about this guy is ridiculous and classless. Some fans deserve their own knees to be busted.  

The same "fans" who wanted Franzen to have permanent brain damage so that he could be taken of the roster and put on LTIR. That was worse.

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Also 

Golden Knights suck 

I know there's probably a reason behind the name, but Golden Knights sounds way to cartoonish. What does gold have to do with with knights? Its like the softest metal there is, no knight would ever use it. I have a feeling they will eventually drop the "Golden" and just go with Knights. Just like the Ducks dropped "Mighty".

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Why are they so cocky and s*** talky? 

Whoever got hired to run their twitter decided that was the best way to run it? I don’t know, but it’s definitely getting attention/fans from the looks of the replies.. which I guess is the main point of social media from a business standpoint. It’s been pretty entertaining imo. 

They’ve been lucky so far. How many teams can lose their starter and backup to injury and have an AHLcallup get a shutout in his first game? Unreal.

They passed on Niemi. Not that I blame them with his 7.25 GAA, but for his contract cost, it would have given them lots of NHL experience at the position.

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

They’ve been lucky so far. How many teams can lose their starter and backup to injury and have an AHLcallup get a shutout in his first game? Unreal.

They passed on Niemi. Not that I blame them with his 7.25 GAA, but for his contract cost, it would have given them lots of NHL experience at the position.

I think it's safe to say they're a house of cards. (Pun intended.) But I've always loved the idea of an NHL team in Vegas and I really want it to work, so I'm more than ok with them jumping out of the gate like they have. They're the only team in the NHL that I don't have a reason to dislike. That'll change soon enough, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Wings-Knights 2018 SCF. I'm telling you guys.

9 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ship has sailed.

https://www.nhl.com/news/vegas-golden-knights-suspend-forward-vadim-shipachyov/c-292411212

I'm not really interested, but his camp has reportedly talked to Wings about a possible trade. Thoughts?

Meh, I don't really have much interest in Shipachyov. I'd do some sort of trade involving Nielsen, but that's about it for me.

From what I understand, the biggest selling point for Vegas when they were pursuing him is that they weren't going to get a 1C thru free agency or the expansion draft, so he was pretty much promised that he would be their 1C. Then they sent him down to the AHL because he wouldn't have to pass thru waivers. They had to get roster compliant and there were other guys that would have to pass thru waivers that they didn't want to risk losing, so Shipachyov was the odd man out. (Where have I seen this before?) Apparently, he was unhappy about it (rightly so) and that's why he went AWOL. Looks like Vegas will be terminating the contract, and Shipachyov will be heading back to Russia. Don't know what the rules are regarding anyone else signing him at that point.

Funny how the team that poached everyone else didn't want to be poached themselves.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 10/30/2017 at 9:15 AM, krsmith17 said:

Meh, I don't really have much interest in Shipachyov. I'd do some sort of trade involving Nielsen, but that's about it for me.

Yep. I'd take him to get Nielson off the books. Straight up trade. His attitude is obv s***, but he's only signed till end of next season at less cap hit than Nielson.

On 10/30/2017 at 6:18 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

From what I understand, the biggest selling point for Vegas when they were pursuing him is that they weren't going to get a 1C thru free agency or the expansion draft, so he was pretty much promised that he would be their 1C. Then they sent him down to the AHL because he wouldn't have to pass thru waivers. They had to get roster compliant and there were other guys that would have to pass thru waivers that they didn't want to risk losing, so Shipachyov was the odd man out. (Where have I seen this before?) Apparently, he was unhappy about it (rightly so) and that's why he went AWOL. Looks like Vegas will be terminating the contract, and Shipachyov will be heading back to Russia. Don't know what the rules are regarding anyone else signing him at that point.

Funny how the team that poached everyone else didn't want to be poached themselves.

Oh, I didn't know he was promised anything. That changes my s*** attitude comment.

Fleury, Subban, Dansk all injured. Only two goalies left under contract I think, neither with prior NHL experience. Fun!

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gusev has been arguably the best player in the KHL the last few seasons, right up there with Kovalchuk. Tampa used a 7th on him because I think it was believed he'd never leave Russia. They traded his rights to Vegas at the expansion I believe as incentive not to select certain players.

just copied this to post here haha. could end up being a crazy good steal for vegas. 

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gusev has been arguably the best player in the KHL the last few seasons, right up there with Kovalchuk. Tampa used a 7th on him because I think it was believed he'd never leave Russia. They traded his rights to Vegas at the expansion I believe as incentive not to select certain players.

Artemi Panarin 2.0?