• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

A few days ago on NHL SiriusXM Radio the hosts were talking to a Seattle based sports writer about the future 32nd NHL franchise...When asked if there was any 'info' on the potential club name...Totems, Kraken, Metropolitans, and a few others that I cannot remember were pretty much crossed off the list.

So I guess that leaves the Sockeye, Steelheads, Sasquatch, and possibly the Pilots as a choice?

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

A few days ago on NHL SiriusXM Radio the hosts were talking to a Seattle based sports writer about the future 32nd NHL franchise...When asked if there was any 'info' on the potential club name...Totems, Kraken, Metropolitans, and a few others that I cannot remember were pretty much crossed off the list.

So I guess that leaves the Sockeye, Steelheads, Sasquatch, and possibly the Pilots as a choice?

The Seattle Starbucks. Bettman about to get the jersey ads he wants :P 

27 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Damn I wanted Totems. Should have known that as soon as Grapes endorsed Totems it would be off the list...

I really get the impression around Seattle that it will be Sockeyes. Kinda hokey word play, but I think a green fish jersey will be cool personally.

They're announcing the name in early January in case anyone didn't hear

20 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

The Seattle Shilsholes

Ah the name Shilshole derives from the Duwamish Indian word meaning "to thread a needle", likely referring to the narrow opening between Salmon Bay and Shilshole Bay, which gave the later its name. Both bays are a part of Seattle's Puget Sound, a complex estuarine system of interconnected waterways and basins that eventually empty into the Salish Sea, a sea shared between Seattle and Canada's city of Vancouver. And where does hockey have its roots? That's right Canada.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ah the name Shilshole derives from the Duwamish Indian word meaning "to thread a needle", likely referring to the narrow opening between Salmon Bay and Shilshole Bay, which gave the later its name. Both bays are a part of Seattle's Puget Sound, a complex estuarine system of interconnected waterways and basins that eventually empty into the Salish Sea, a sea shared between Seattle and Canada's city of Vancouver. And where does hockey have its roots? That's right Canada.

spare us the history lesson, Nerd... tis' only so they can be dubbed Seattle's A-holes

Edited by NerveDamage

Why are you still a fan of a bigoted team that only hires men?

Make the switch. The Sockeyes are about to build smartest most forward thinking team in the league. Your outdated Red Wings will still be squandering in the depths of losing after our 2nd cup.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Why are you still a fan of a bigoted team that only hires men?

Make the switch. The Sockeyes are about to build smartest most forward thinking team in the league. Your outdated Red Wings will still be squandering in the depths of losing after our 2nd cup.

Diversity, for the sake of diversity, and not based on merit is bigoted.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Diversity, for the sake of diversity, and not based on merit is bigoted.

Cammi is a gold medalist in women's hockey and is married to Ray Ferraro (step mother of Landon). So she's been around the biz.

How many genius women scouts are out there but are completely untapped, because teams like the Red Wings ONLY hire male scouts? Seattle is about to change the game.

43 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Cammi is a gold medalist in women's hockey and is married to Ray Ferraro (step mother of Landon). So she's been around the biz.

How many genius women scouts are out there but are completely untapped, because teams like the Red Wings ONLY hire male scouts? Seattle is about to change the game.

image.png.f5173e20c9ecb26f5cffd1e61f6d9057.png

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

image.png.f5173e20c9ecb26f5cffd1e61f6d9057.png

You chauvinists have your laughs now.

Seattle has female scouts and female execs. DEAL WITH IT. We will be paving the way for female and non-binary refs and coaches as well. Mark it. Our talent pool is getting bigger while you're outdated pool is staying the same size. We will be bringing radical new viewpoints to the sport, innovating and revolutionizing the game.

And we will have all-gender troughs in our Key Arena. You're welcome.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You chauvinists have your laughs now.

Seattle has female scouts and female execs. DEAL WITH IT. We will be paving the way for female and non-binary refs and coaches as well. Mark it. Our talent pool is getting bigger while you're outdated pool is staying the same size. We will be bringing radical new viewpoints to the sport, innovating and revolutionizing the game.

And we will have all-gender troughs in our Key Arena. You're welcome.

You do realize that they do have women's hockey, right? I wouldn't consider it in anyway revolutionary or visionary. Just less talented versions of the mens leagues. Which is why they have womens leagues in the first place.

No problem with women scouts, execs, front office, etc. The jobs are pretty much the same, regardless of the league, and I am sure the quality would still be the same. 

But if they ever start putting women on the ice in the NHL just to be "progressive" and "forward thinking", the talent level would drop like a French military rifle in WW2 and u know it.

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You do realize that they do have women's hockey, right? I wouldn't consider it in anyway revolutionary or visionary. Just less talented versions of the mens leagues. Which is why they have womens leagues in the first place.

No problem with women scouts, execs, front office, etc. The jobs are pretty much the same, regardless of the league, and I am sure the quality would still be the same. 

But if they ever start putting women on the ice in the NHL just to be "progressive" and "forward thinking", the talent level would drop like a French military rifle in WW2 and u know it.

What about someone who is non-binary?

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Science is getting closer and closer to making artificial sperm from stem cells. Soon enough males will no longer be required for reproduction. Sayonara Y chromosome, it was nice knowing you. The future is female. Face your obsolescence with dignity.

29 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Science is getting closer and closer to making artificial sperm from stem cells. Soon enough males will no longer be required for reproduction. Sayonara Y chromosome, it was nice knowing you. The future is female. Face your obsolescence with dignity.

THE FUTURE IS FEM