• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Pre-Season Games

Rate this topic

Rasmussen has really impressed me. He's much closer to being NHL-ready than I'd figured he'd be. If this were one of 15-20 other organizations, he's probably on the opening night roster. But we don't really have room, and another year of major junior is probably what's best for his development anyway.

11 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

At the game tonight. What is this new rule you get a 2 minute penalty for a wrongful goal challenge?

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

You no longer need nor lose a timeout if you challenge. If you're wrong you get a minor penalty....sort of like the stick challenge.

Would like to clarify.. Under the new rule, the 2 min penalty is ONLY on failed offsides goal challenges. So basically the thought behind it is that coaches won’t delay the game to throw a “Hail Mary” on close calls in hopes of getting a goal called back. I’m for it. 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

It's still early days, but it's looking like I'll ultimately have to eat crow on this. And that makes me very happy.

I'm with you. I said from day one that I didn't like the pick, solely because I thought Vilardi would be the better pick, but also that I instantly became Rasmussen's biggest fan. I really hope he develops into a legit 1C. I'm not sure if he'll ever have that sort of ceiling, but I've been very impressed by his play in these preseason games.

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm with you. I said from day one that I didn't like the pick, solely because I thought Vilardi would be the better pick, but also that I instantly became Rasmussen's biggest fan. I really hope he develops into a legit 1C. I'm not sure if he'll ever have that sort of ceiling, but I've been very impressed by his play in these preseason games.

I'd say Martin Hanzal is looking like a not-unreasonable projection at this time.

5 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

I think if AA dont play rasmussen should get the spot, his net front pressence is something that we have lacked for sometime. Or let him start the season and see how it goes. I think he can play up to 10 games and still be sent down to minors.

He can be sent down any time, just that once he plays that 10th game, a year of his ELC is burned.

Rasmussen is one of these cases where I would honestly just throw him on the roster. He saves the team money and is big and skilled enough to hold down a spot on the 4th line. Let him center that line and put his big butt in front of the net on the PP.

Would burn a year of ELC though if I'm not mistaken, which is why it won't happen.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Tonight's lineup:

Tatar  Zetterberg  Nyquist
Mantha  Larkin  Frk
Helm  Nielsen  Sheahan
Booth  Street  Glendening

Ericsson  Green
DeKeyser  Daley
Ouellet  Hicketts

Howard
McCollum

Toronto will be icing their full NHL lineup, so this should be pretty interesting.

This is pretty telling. Sure seems like Frk has made the team and Booth will get a contract.

Interesting to see Hicketts included...

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is pretty telling. Sure seems like Frk has made the team and Booth will get a contract.

Interesting to see Hicketts included...

Frk has earned a spot. Hopefully he keeps it going against tougher competition. Booth has far exceeded my expectations and deserves a contract. He's the ideal player to have as a 12th/13th forward. I can't wait to see Hicketts make the team, but I'd say it will be a few months until he makes his debut. Once we see a few inevitable injuries, he'll likely be first call up.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'll let you have the next one. ;)

Nah, yours always looks prettier. All centered and what not.

Edited by krsmith17

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, the crow will taste very good. ALTHOUGH I would still rather have had Tippett and feel his ceiling his still higher than Rass, but I too liked his play this pre-season.

I am very impressed with Larkin, Mantha, Rass, Daley, Booth, Frk, Hicketts to name a few. I am impressed with others too, but those are the ones that have stood out to me. I LOVE how our D looks WITHOUT Kronner and E. Hicketts and Sproul will suffer the numbers game for those two.

I do believe Howard has regained his #1 job. Man, what happened to Mrazek?

Edited by LeftWinger

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, the crow will taste very good. ALTHOUGH I would still rather have had Tippett and feel his ceiling his still higher than Rass, but I too liked his play this pre-season.

I am very impressed with Larkin, Mantha, Rass, Daley, Booth, Frk, Hicketts to name a few. I am impressed with others too, but those are the ones that have stood out to me. I LOVE how our D looks WITHOUT Kronner and E. Hicketts and Sproul will suffer the numbers game for those two.

I think I asked the same thing about a year and a half ago

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If you're referring to the preseason, he has been fine. Especially last night. No chance on either goal. But them's the breaks when playing behind a bunch of kids. Just looking at the score of the game, eh? 

18 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If you're referring to the preseason, he has been fine. Especially last night. No chance on either goal. But them's the breaks when playing behind a bunch of kids. Just looking at the score of the game, eh? 

Yeah, Mrazek has actually looked really good. The scores are misleading.

Just now, Jacksoni said:

Ericsson on the top pairing? My lord, why has thou forsaken me?

Listed as the top pairing (source), but I wouldn't be surprised if the DeKeyser-Daley pairing gets the most minutes.

I believe the plan for opening night is to have DeKeyser-Daley, Kronwall-Green, Ericsson-Jensen/Ouellet as our pairings.

So glad to see that Rasmussen is playing well in preseason. I was concerned before because he just looked awkward, lanky  and somewhat out of his element during training camp. I didnt want to say too much about it at the time because I liked the pick and didnt want to start a hate-fest on the guy. He still needs to bulk up, but I dont think 2C is out of the question down the road.