• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Pre-Season Games

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, BinMucker94 said:

Why would there be only 4 guys moving the puck around? I'm sure Frk would be involved in the passing, set-up, and rotation of the power play. It's not like he's going to just sit on the half wall and one time every puck that comes his way....

Yes, it's an oversimplification, I know. But the argument being made was that Frk being used in the "Ovechkin" spot would be the impetus behind our theoretical improvement. And a big part of that is, in fact, waiting for the rest of the players to set him up. I was suggesting that our ability to set things up is our problem, and thus is unlikely to be fixed by a strategy that relies on our ability to set things up.

Of course he would be more involved, but the further we step away from that aspect of his game, the more you have to acknowledge that Frk would then not be the driving force behind the improvement. Unless you want to argue that Frk is just an all-around better player than what we have/have had, which I'd say is an even more irrational position.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

A ton of players, especially in the Red Wings organization have been rookies at the age of 23 or later. Some have gone on to have very good careers, others were gone in the blink of an eye. I think Frk could be a weapon on the power-play, so does his coach, so do his teammates, so do many fans (including others on here)... You don't, and like I said, you may be right. I could care less. I just want him to be given a legit shot, to see what he can do.

Why are you quoting "great things" as if it's something I said? I never said that he would be the catalyst for "great things" happening on our power-play, I just think if utilized properly, he could be a key cog in improving a bottom feeder power-play. That's it. Nothing more than that. 

I said because that's what was said in the post that prompted my first response. You can replace that with "key cog" if you want, assuming you are implying some significant improvement. 

But you're still too focused on defending Frk to really grasp what I was saying, or notice that you have already agreed with basically all my points, aside from the conclusion.

Tonight's lineup (woof):

Booth  Sheahan  Street
Abdelkader  Rasmussen  Parenteau
Lorito  Holmstrom  Sadowy
Campbell  Elkins  Witkowski

Sulak  Sproul
Lashoff  Hronek
Kronwall  Russo

Mrazek
Coreau

Jensen and Svechnikov are out for the remainder of the preseason. Jensen has a bruised thumb and I believe Svechnikov took a knee to the head in his last game. Blashill's hoping Jensen will be ready by October 5th.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Tonight's lineup (woof):

Booth  Sheahan  Street
Abdelkader  Rasmussen  Parenteau
Lorito  Holmstrom  Sadowy
Campbell  Elkins  Witkowski

Sulak  Sproul
Lashoff  Hronek
Kronwall  Russo

Mrazek
Coreau

Jensen and Svechnikov are out for the remainder of the preseason. Jensen has a bruised thumb and I believe Svechnikov took a knee to the head in his last game. Blashill's hoping Jensen will be ready by October 5th.

We gon looz

5 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

At the game tonight. What is this new rule you get a 2 minute penalty for a wrongful goal challenge?

You no longer need nor lose a timeout if you challenge. If you're wrong you get a minor penalty....sort of like the stick challenge.

ok so after tonight's game and from what ive seen, Booth gets the nod over PA P, Booth looks like he wants it more PA coughed up the puck numerous times. Sulak looks very promising looked strong on his skates broke a few plays up and took his goal well. If Big Ras was 10lbs heavier i think he'd be a legit roster contender, although i doubt the powers to be will go that route. Hronek looks like he could turn into a top 3/4 guy for us and i gotta feeling that Street is getting a real good look at by the front office.