• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AtlantaHotWings

For those that want Blash G-O-N-E

Rate this topic

Guy cares more about "the process" than he does about results and thinks that it's better to sit back, let the other team outshoot you while trying to limit quality chances and try ti win 2-1 than actually take chances and play to win.  It's losing hockey, and the focus on "process" over results is more suited for youth hockey.

On 2017-10-19 at 1:03 PM, DickieDunn said:

Guy cares more about "the process" than he does about results and thinks that it's better to sit back, let the other team outshoot you while trying to limit quality chances and try ti win 2-1 than actually take chances and play to win.  It's losing hockey, and the focus on "process" over results is more suited for youth hockey.

Well put. He still has not adjusted to NHL hockey. The game against the Leafs showed how badly he can be out coached. Babs knowing many of the players on the Wings roster didn’t help, but at least Babs seemed like he had a plan and stuck to it. Blash couldn’t answer with his bonehead moves. Pulling Mrazek with 4 minutes remaining was the final s*** on top of the pile and gave the Leafs another goal pretty much instantly. 

Am I the only one happy with Blashill so far this season?

We've had a pretty decent start considering what was expected this season. Larkin is finally getting big minutes as 2C and excelling. Frk is being given every opportunity to excel offensively. Daley and Green are eating our biggest minutes on the blue line. The guys everyone loves to hate, like Glendening, Sheahan, and Ericsson, are getting very minimal minutes.

I guess if you hate Abby you could moan about him still being in the Top6, but that's it. We've gotten most of what we asked for.

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Am I the only one happy with Blashill so far this season?

We've had a pretty decent start considering what was expected this season. Larkin is finally getting big minutes as 2C and excelling. Frk is being given every opportunity to excel offensively. Daley and Green are eating our biggest minutes on the blue line. The guys everyone loves to hate, like Glendening, Sheahan, and Ericsson, are getting very minimal minutes.

I guess if you hate Abby you could moan about him still being in the Top6, but that's it. We've gotten most of what we asked for.

Agreed, his usages have been quite good. I think the Abby change was warranted as well since Frk had some down games and Abby was looking the best of the bottom 6. Hope the FML line gets some more time, though. 

He did pull the goalie too early in the last game, but then again people thought Roy was smart to do that when it was working for him. If we had scored, people would say it's a great way to catch the other team off-guard. It was unlikely that we were going to win that game being 2 down - so who knows if it matters.

Thought this post game interview with Blash was interesting. He talks about AA, Mantha, Larkin a lot, but specifically the part at 5:13 I thought would be interesting to everybody. Certainly a big criticism around here has been Blash's treatment of these young guys. But it seems that, to the coach, they've turned a corner and will be traeted differently. He says specifically around 5:45 (paraphrase)"The learned a lot of tough lessons last year...at some point...as they learned that, you got to let them go a little bit."

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

7 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Thought this post game interview with Blash was interesting. He talks about AA, Mantha, Larkin a lot, but specifically the part at 5:13 I thought would be interesting to everybody. Certainly a big criticism around here has been Blash's treatment of these young guys. But it seems that, to the coach, they've turned a corner and will be traeted differently. He says specifically around 5:45 (paraphrase)"The learned a lot of tough lessons last year...at some point...as they learned that, you got to let them go a little bit."

Honestly, I'm fine with Blashill right now. I mostly like the decisions he's making and the way he's managing the roster. I feel like making the third line a designated checking line was a big turning point; the team has played mostly decent hockey since then. Roles are better defined and the players are slotted more sensibly.

As you're pointing out here, he's recently said that last year was always going to be a tough learning experience for the kids and this was the year where they'd be expected to really break out. I believe him when he says that and I like that he's rewarding their play this season. I believe Larkin and Athanasiou led all our forwards in TOI in the last game. The 2nd PP unit is being treated as the 1st unit, because they're producing and the other unit isn't. Etc.

On 11/17/2017 at 7:16 PM, Dabura said:

Honestly, I'm fine with Blashill right now. I mostly like the decisions he's making and the way he's managing the roster. I feel like making the third line a designated checking line was a big turning point; the team has played mostly decent hockey since then. Roles are better defined and the players are slotted more sensibly....

Silver lining on the cloud of not having a real 4th line.

But is it a true cease fire, or are we just out of ammo? Can't wait for Frko to get back so we can resume hostilities.