• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Here's my Detroit mock draft,  I am predicting we finish 5th from bottom and of course win lottery! 

Plus Here are the trades at the deadline: 

Howard to NYI for Halak & a 4th (25% retained)

Green to TPA for Foote & a 1st (50% retained)

Nyquist to Nashville for a 2nd

Tatar to Winnipeg for a 3rd

XO to MTL for a MTL's 5th (they have 3 total 5ths via trades)

of course I am just guessing were these teams end up and where we may pick, but hey, its just a mock!

1st Round:

1st - Dahlin - D

31st (from Green trade) - Ryan McLeod - C

2nd Round:

36th - Mattias Samuelsson - D

45th (from Rangers) - Serron Noel - RW

52nd (from Nyquist Trade) - Justus Annunen - G

3rd Round:

68th - Ryan Savage - RW

90th (from Tatar trade) - Krystof Hrabik - C

81st (from Pitt) - Tyler Tucker - D

4th Round:

98th - Niklas Nordgren - RW

104th (from Howard trade (ISLES)) - Curtis Douglas - C

5th Round:

130th (from XO trade (MTL)) - Johnny Gruden - LW

6th Round:

160th - Lukas Wernblom - C

161st (from MTL) - Liam Kirk - LW

7th Round:

191st - Justin Brazeau - RW

GET IT DONE KENNY! GET THOSE DRAFT PICKS!

Edited by LeftWinger

On 2/1/2018 at 2:55 PM, kickazz said:

Why not an adult website? I feel like with @Euro_Twins looks, my attitude and your lean posture we could bring in respectable revenue. 

Because were lacking in the female demographic. Your idea would chase them away. CRLs idea would be more effective in that regard.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Still need more. Cute puppies = more girls. Hockey fights = more girls. Handsome Swedes = more girls. Its science.

You obviously havent dated enough of the right women. Trust me they would love my idea. Especially millenial women.

Edited by kickazz

On 2/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, Euro_Twins said:

I'm on board. I only asked to be paid in hamster meal. Don't ask why. 

It better not turn into THAT kind of website.

54 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Y'all forget that in addition to getting Halak, Foote, Dahlin and all those other draft picks, we're also getting Tavares over the summer...rebuild jump start!

Always love the optimism LW.

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

You obviously havent dated enough of the right women. Trust me they would love my idea. Especially millenial women.

All of my girl(space)friends are millenials. And none of them would be into that.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

All of my girl(space)friends are millenials. And none of them would be into that.

You should one by one make them your girlfriends (without space) and you'll quickly find out a lot about their fantasies and secrets they don't share unless in a certain state of mind (and I'm not talking about drunk, I'm talking about things that lead to certain type of a climax).

When me and @ChristopherReevesLegs dated for a short while years ago. I thought she was an innocent woman. Little did I know.

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's my Detroit mock draft,  I am predicting we finish 5th from bottom and of course win lottery! 

Plus Here are the trades at the deadline: 

Howard to NYI for Halak & a 4th (25% retained)

Green to TPA for Foote & a 1st (50% retained)

Nyquist to Nashville for a 2nd

Tatar to Winnipeg for a 3rd

XO to MTL for a MTL's 5th (they have 3 total 5ths via trades)

of course I am just guessing were these teams end up and where we may pick, but hey, its just a mock!

1st Round:

1st - Dahlin - D

31st (from Green trade) - Ryan McLeod - C

2nd Round:

36th - Mattias Samuelsson - D

45th (from Rangers) - Serron Noel - RW

52nd (from Nyquist Trade) - Justus Annunen - G

3rd Round:

68th - Ryan Savage - RW

90th (from Tatar trade) - Krystof Hrabik - C

81st (from Pitt) - Tyler Tucker - D

4th Round:

98th - Niklas Nordgren - RW

104th (from Howard trade (ISLES)) - Curtis Douglas - C

5th Round:

130th (from XO trade (MTL)) - Johnny Gruden - LW

6th Round:

160th - Lukas Wernblom - C

161st (from MTL) - Liam Kirk - LW

7th Round:

191st - Justin Brazeau - RW

GET IT DONE KENNY! GET THOSE DRAFT PICKS!

No way Ken Holland makes half of those moves, although I'm sure you know that. Looking at each one individually, I'd hope (think) we'd get more than a 4th round pick in the Howard trade, especially if we retain 25%. I don't think we get close to that for Green. I'd love to get Foote, but I'd be shocked if Yzerman trades him, and on the slim chance he does, no way he'd give up a 1st along with it. I think the Nyquist trade is probably the most realistic, although it's the one I wouldn't really want to do. I doubt Tatar gets traded, but the value is about right. I can see Ouellet to Montreal for a 5th as a legit impossibility. I'd be okay with it.

Good news, that pick from the Rangers in the Smith trade is actually Ottawa's 2nd, so it should be around the 33-36 range, rather than 45.

41 minutes ago, kickazz said:

You should one by one make them your girlfriends (without space) and you'll quickly find out a lot about their fantasies and secrets they don't share unless in a certain state of mind (and I'm not talking about drunk, I'm talking about things that lead to certain type of a climax).

When me and @ChristopherReevesLegs dated for a short while years ago. I thought she was an innocent woman. Little did I know.

Not available. There's a reason why they're girl(space)friends LOL. But at least u turned this into that kind of website.

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Good news, that pick from the Rangers in the Smith trade is actually Ottawa's 2nd, so it should be around the 33-36 range, rather than 45.

Ouhh that is good news! Keep sucking, sens :P 4 picks in the top 40-45 would be pretty great. 

And Dahlin, Foote, and Tavares wouldn’t jumpstart the rebuild; along with our young talent on offense, they’d complete it :D 

I don't think that we will have a Dahlin pick this year but if we can get top 4 pick I would like to see KH do something like:

Green (50% retain) for Foote

Nyquist + 3rd for Fabbro

Howard for Halak and 4th

We draft Tkachuk

We end up with solid D prospects in Foote, Fabbro, Cholo

Nice C prospects in Tkachuk and Rasmussen and we start from there.

16 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No way Ken Holland makes half of those moves, although I'm sure you know that. Looking at each one individually, I'd hope (think) we'd get more than a 4th round pick in the Howard trade, especially if we retain 25%. I don't think we get close to that for Green. I'd love to get Foote, but I'd be shocked if Yzerman trades him, and on the slim chance he does, no way he'd give up a 1st along with it. I think the Nyquist trade is probably the most realistic, although it's the one I wouldn't really want to do. I doubt Tatar gets traded, but the value is about right. I can see Ouellet to Montreal for a 5th as a legit impossibility. I'd be okay with it.

Good catch!

As is stands right now, we'd have the 34th (from OTT/NYR) and 37th pick in the 2nd!

If we get a 27-31 pick for Green and then add our own 1-5? Wow! That is great!

Let's just say: (#1 if I'm being selfish! :lol: )but how about:

plus if we could score a 2nd for Nyquist? Nice!

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Buttons Top 50 NHL-Affiliated Prospects

Notables:

#41 Owen Tippett

#49 Michael Rasmussen

#50 Cal Foote

#1 is the guy I wanted to draft last year - Elias Pettersson

Pettersson is unreal, but wasn't available at 9. You know who was available at 9? #22 ranked Gabe Vilardi...

Taylor Raddysh, another player I really wanted to draft the previous year, is ranked #45.

Dante Fabbro is also ranked #37.