Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

The suggested D from article 

Jake Walman – Moritz Seider

Jakob Chychrun – Jeff Petry

Simon Edvinsson – Ben Chiarot

ouch 

Ya, I didn't like that, but Johansson will be in the mix too. Also, I'd probably offer the 25 (protected) 1st instead of the 24. But I believe Chychrun is an upgrade to our D. I guess we'll see what Yzerman does. Chychrun would make our team younger, so that would fit into what Yzerman was saying in his press conference. 

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, I didn't like that, but Johansson will be in the mix too. Also, I'd probably offer the 25 (protected) 1st instead of the 24. But I believe Chychrun is an upgrade to our D. I guess we'll see what Yzerman does. Chychrun would make our team younger, so that would fit into what Yzerman was saying in his press conference. 

would this be a tad better if this were to happen 

Jake Walman – Moritz Seider

Jakob Chychrun – Simon Edvinsson

Albert Johansson – Ben Chiaro

Petry 

I dont have much interest in Chychrun at this point. The Sens team average was -5, and Chychrun is sporting a team worst -30. And when you consider that he led their defense in even strength points, that makes it even worse. The guy is letting A LOT of goals into his own net. 

Yzerman wants to improve overall team D, not pick up guys like this. 

Pretty much everyone who has come out of that Coyotes team in the last several years has played much worse after leaving. The only one I can think of that didnt is Domi. But then even he had a sharp decline after his first and only big year with the habs. Buyer beware on Chychrun. IMO id rather pick up a RHD in UFA than spend assets for a guy like this that is also ANOTHER LHer.

34 minutes ago, town123 said:

We probably have enough offensive D in our system.   I'd rather get a RD that will actually murder people.

Read up on Andrew Gibson, he's going to be a good one and I think he's probably one of the defense prospects most fans are sleeping on. Good defensively, booming shot, and very aggressive. I really think he's going to surprise people.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Read up on Andrew Gibson, he's going to be a good one and I think he's probably one of the defense prospects most fans are sleeping on. Good defensively, booming shot, and very aggressive. I really think he's going to surprise people.

Got signed today

On 4/28/2024 at 11:53 AM, kipwinger said:

Getting signed after getting drafted in 2023 makes me think SY and crew liked his progress this year and hopefully he excels with the Griffs next season.

7 hours ago, town123 said:

Getting signed after getting drafted in 2023 makes me think SY and crew liked his progress this year and hopefully he excels with the Griffs next season.

No Griffs allowed. CHL or NHL, I believe. 

Edited by Akakabuto

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He's with GR now.

per this article https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/red-wings-sign-defenseman-andrew-gibson-to-three-year-entry-level-contract not sure what the bolded below from article means. But i am sure someone here knows. My guess/assumption based on his practices etc he gets to play in GR next year?

DETROIT – The Detroit Red Wings today signed defenseman Andrew Gibson to a three-year, entry-level contract beginning with the 2024-25 season. Gibson will report to the American Hockey League’s Grand Rapids Griffins on an amateur tryout for the remainder of the 2023-24 season.

CHL players can play in the AHL on an amateur try out contract after their CHL season is complete. But if they’ve still got CHL eligibility they have to go back to the CHL (or NHL) the following year and can’t play in the AHL. There are a few caveats to this: 

-if a player is on loan to the CHL from Europe (Zadina) then they don’t have the same restrictions. 
- if a player turns 20 before a certain date (Danielson) they only have to play their D+1 year in the CHL but don’t have to go back the 2nd year. 

46 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

CHL players can play in the AHL on an amateur try out contract after their CHL season is complete. But if they’ve still got CHL eligibility they have to go back to the CHL (or NHL) the following year and can’t play in the AHL. There are a few caveats to this: 

-if a player is on loan to the CHL from Europe (Zadina) then they don’t have the same restrictions. 
- if a player turns 20 before a certain date (Danielson) they only have to play their D+1 year in the CHL but don’t have to go back the 2nd year. 

Thank you sir

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This 100%