• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So why is it only ok for your eyeball tests to be accurate?

It's not MY eyeball test. If you're referring to AA, I have not stated anything that hasn't already been said by coaches, players, sports journalists, etc. Living out of the market, I don't get to watch as many games as a lot of you do, so I don't put a lot of emphasis on things that I specifically see. That's part of the reason for coming here, to get perspective from knowledgeable fans who see more than I do. That said, I trust comments and assessments made by Z and Blashill more than I do anyone at LGW. If those in the know are saying these things, then I 'll take their word over anyone here.

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

To this point I do not disagree.  I do believe he will do what is "right" for the team.  I do not believe that he would stick the team with the recapture penalties for spite because... "Z might not be happy playing for $3.5 million, or $1 million" ...or whatever bulls*** people are pulling outta nowhere. 

This is hockey.  This is Henrik Zetterberg.     

(Doesn't mean those cap-recapture penalties don't freak me the f*** out)

:eh: Who's saying this?

I'm assuming you're referring to some other website or Twitter or something? I haven't seen anyone here say anything close to this...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Zetterberg would get paid regardless going on LTIR. I'm just thinking about how much motivation he'd have to come to the rink every day, knowing he's making pennies compared to what he's made throughout his career. He's made over $85M, so I doubt money is much of a factor anyway, but when it gets cut that low, it makes it even less desirable to play out the contract, especially when it was never designed for him to play it out. Add to that, the team isn't likely to win much over the next couple years, it's not like he has another Cup run to think about. He also has a young family that I'm sure he'd like to spend more time with, and maybe even grow.

I think Zetterberg plays one last season, and hangs them up toward the end of this season, or after the season.

YOU!  ...but I realize that I probably should have had another cup of coffee.  That isn't what you were saying at all.  My bad.

39 minutes ago, e_prime said:

YOU!  ...but I realize that I probably should have had another cup of coffee.  That isn't what you were saying at all.  My bad.

Yeah, not at all what I was saying. Zetterberg is the last person (player) I'd expect to be spiteful and stiff the team with the recapture penalty just because. I'm sure if he does decide to hang them up, it will be for good reason, and on a mutual understanding. It will also be via LTIR not official retirement until after the contract is up.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Will be nice when we clear all things Swedish off the current roster.  Making me wonder how much of our decline is due to their decline.

Right? I can't wait to rid this team of the useless Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen - Kronwall - Ericsson, so we can make room for Elfstrom - Holmstrom - Berggren - Malmstrom - Lindstrom... :w00t2:

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Right? I can't wait to rid this team of the useless Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen - Kronwall - Ericsson, so we can make room for Elfstrom - Holmstrom - Berggren - Malmstrom - Lindstrom... :w00t2:

Zetterberg sucks. Elfstrom is the future.

47 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Just hope in the group of new fresh Swedes there is someone that can grow an epic beard like Z...

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
forgot a word

26 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Just hope in the group of new fresh Swedes there is someone that can grow an epic beard like Z...

Word on the street is that they’re gene splicing Hank’s beard to transplant it upon future Swedes...

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Word on the street is the current ask for Faulk is Nick Schmaltz + (Chicago's) 2019 1st.

Schmaltz is a perfect target for Carolina: a 22-year-old right-shooting centerman coming off a 51-point season. I'd say Larkin is a pretty good comparable.

Source? That is MASSIVE overpayment. No way the Hawks give up that package, and no way the Canes get anything close to that asking price...

Nyquist and 2019 2nd round pick (NYI). I doubt that is close either, but I wouldn't give up much more than that.

Well if that is the asking price, then its no wonder Holland isn't getting Faulk. That'd be Larkin and a 2019 1st, LOTTERY PICK!!?! They must be nuts.

How about Svech and a 2020 1st? I'd like to trade Nyquist, but I don't think anyone will want him until the TDL to be a depth scoring winger for a run at it all.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Source? That is MASSIVE overpayment. No way the Hawks give up that package, and no way the Canes get anything close to that asking price...

Nyquist and 2019 2nd round pick (NYI). I doubt that is close either, but I wouldn't give up much more than that.

I actually don't know where it's originating from, but I've seen it popping up in comment sections across multiple different hockey-related platforms. Probably Fake News. Either way, I think it makes sense as a standard "I'm gonna ask for way too much and you're gonna offer way too little" demand.

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I actually don't know where it's originating from, but I've seen it popping up in comment sections across multiple different hockey-related platforms. Probably Fake News. Either way, I think it makes sense as a standard "I'm gonna ask for way too much and you're gonna offer way too little" demand.

Wow. That. Is. Not. Okay. To use as a source. 

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Ha ha ha.  Our wannabe stingy fantasy trader GM!  Please take Kenny's job and work your deals!

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

Word on the street is the current ask for Faulk is Nick Schmaltz + (Chicago's) 2019 1st.

Schmaltz is a perfect target for Carolina: a 22-year-old right-shooting centerman coming off a 51-point season. I'd say Larkin is a pretty good comparable.

The asking price for Justin Faulk was Brandon Saad and Stan Bowman said No. Schmaltz+2019 1st  for Faulk Carolina is crazy.

Edited by LoveMyRedWings56

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Close enough to bring us back to the good old days.

But despite my initial reaction to him (of course I was not in a great mental state to begin with,)  I am really looking forward to seeing Berggren play.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Close enough to bring us back to the good old days.

But despite my initial reaction to him (of course I was not in a great mental state to begin with,)  I am really looking forward to seeing Berggren play.

The more I hear about him, the more excited I get. Hopefully he ends up being a big steal. 

48 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ha ha ha.  Our wannabe stingy fantasy trader GM!  Please take Kenny's job and work your deals!

I don't particularly want Faulk, given where we're at in our rebuild, his age, and the fact that he's two years away from unrestricted free agency. But yeah, I should want to overpay for him just for the hell of it right? I don't really want the player, but f*** it, offer up Larkin and 2nd anyway, just to shake things up... kickazz and others think you're baiting, but I think you might actually be that dumb...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't particularly want Faulk, given where we're at in our rebuild, his age, and the fact that he's two years away from unrestricted free agency. But yeah, I should want to overpay for him just for the hell of it right? I don't really want the player, but f*** it, offer up Larkin and 2nd anyway, just to shake things up... kickazz and others think you're baiting, but I think you might actually be that dumb...

Saarijarvi and a 4th for him.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yah.  I'm not against Swedes.  Just the current ones.

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Saarijarvi and a 4th for him.

No, that's what I'd give up for Jeff Skinner... You know why? Because he's another player I don't think we should give anything of significance up for. Why the f*** would we give up a big package for a player closing in on free agency, when we're a rebuilding team? The only teams that should be in on Karlsson, Faulk, Skinner, Pacioretty, Duchene, etc. are the teams that feel they are ready to go on a Cup run in the next year (two years in Faulk's case). Do you think Faulk (or any pending UFA) puts us over the top in the next year or two? No? Well why the f*** would you offer up anything other than scraps for any of these players? Nyquist will likely fetch us a 2nd round pick + from a contending team. What do you think a non-playoff team would offer for him, knowing he's not going to help them this year, and they may or may not be able to extend him beyond this year? Jack s***, that's what they'd offer, and rightfully so... I know you probably still won't understand this, but that's on you... Once there's a player (defenseman) on the market that I'd actually want (24 years old or younger, with term remaining), then I'd suggest a reasonable package. Until then, you're right, I'll throw out lowball, s*** offers. Pacioretty? Sadowy, Hicketts and a 6th round pick in 2023...

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah.  I'm not against Swedes.  Just the current ones.

That's because you blindly hate players based on what's being said on social media. I doubt you even watch the games based on your dumba** comments...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No, that's what I'd give up for Jeff Skinner... You know why? Because he's another player I don't think we should give anything of significance up for. Why the f*** would we give up a big package for a player closing in on free agency, when we're a rebuilding team? The only teams that should be in on Karlsson, Faulk, Skinner, Pacioretty, Duchene, etc. are the teams that feel they are ready to go on a Cup run in the next year (two years in Faulk's case). Do you think Faulk (or any pending UFA) puts us over the top in the next year or two? No? Well why the f*** would you offer up anything other than scraps for any of these players? Nyquist will likely fetch us a 2nd round pick + from a contending team. What do you think a non-playoff team would offer for him, knowing he's not going to help them this year, and they may or may not be able to extend him beyond this year? Jack s***, that's what they'd offer, and rightfully so... I know you probably still won't understand this, but that's on you... Once there's a player (defenseman) on the market that I'd actually want (24 years old or younger, with term remaining), then I'd suggest a reasonable package. Until then, you're right, I'll throw out lowball, s*** offers. Pacioretty? Sadowy, Hicketts and a 6th round pick in 2023...

That's because you blindly hate players based on what's being said on social media. I doubt you even watch the games based on your dumba** comments...

You stink at trades, and that's ok!

"Larkin and Mantha for McDavid.  I know Edmonton probably wouldnt do it.  But I'd start low."

You don't understand that each time you say "probably wouldn't do it", it really is "no chance in hell".  As in, you aren't even in the same universe.  High on mushrooms and purple haze while listening to the gorillas type stoned.

And that's what I like about you.  You imagine yourself as this shrewd wheelin', dealin' GM who can mastermind the best deals in history.  In reality tho, you have 1 player that you COULD possibly make a deal with to get something of value for the team, but you are unwilling to part with him.  

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You stink at trades, and that's ok!

"Larkin and Mantha for McDavid.  I know Edmonton probably wouldnt do it.  But I'd start low."

You don't understand that each time you say "probably wouldn't do it", it really is "no chance in hell".  As in, you aren't even in the same universe.  High on mushrooms and purple haze while listening to the gorillas type stoned.

And that's what I like about you.  You imagine yourself as this shrewd wheelin', dealin' GM who can mastermind the best deals in history.  In reality tho, you have 1 player that you COULD possibly make a deal with to get something of value for the team, but you are unwilling to part with him.  

Yeah... I didn't think you'd get it...

You're not smart, and that's ok!

I wouldn't give up much for a player I don't have much interest in, and you're somehow surprised by that... You're acting as if I said, "I really think we should go after Justin Faulk!!! He's exactly what this team needs!!! We should offer them Nyquist and a 2nd!!!" When in reality, I don't think we should go after Faulk at all, and I only would if we could get him for dirt cheap, even acknowledging that it wouldn't happen.

I don't imagine myself as a GM, let alone a good one. I do know one thing for sure though, if you were a GM, you'd rival Bergevin and Chiarelli for stupidity...

Apparently I'm not smart either though for entertaining your bulls***. But whatever, I'm bored and just want to talk hockey, even if it's a mind numbing debate...

Just out of curiosity, what would you offer for Faulk? This should be good...

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah... I didn't think you'd get it...

You're not smart, and that's ok!

I wouldn't give up much for a player I don't have much interest in, and you're somehow surprised by that... You're acting as if I said, "I really think we should go after Justin Faulk!!! He's exactly what this team needs!!! We should offer them Nyquist and a 2nd!!!" When in reality, I don't think we should go after Faulk at all, and I only would if we could get him for dirt cheap, even acknowledging that it wouldn't happen.

I don't imagine myself as a GM, let alone a good one. I do know one thing for sure though, if you were a GM, you'd rival Bergevin and Chiarelli for stupidity...

Apparently I'm not smart either though for entertaining your bulls***. But whatever, I'm bored and just want to talk hockey, even if it's a mind numbing debate...

Just out of curiosity, what would you offer for Faulk? This should be good...

Cholowski + Green (half salary retained) + 2021 1st.

That would be my starting offer.

Would add 2022 2nd if pressed.