• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Rate this topic

I really think Kenneth has something up his sleeve this year. Won't be mad if he doesn't make a big splash, I just get the slight feeling he's lacing up the steel toes for some epic tire kicking...

He's got like 17 million in cap space right now. He's gotta sign Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Bertuzzi yet. He's gotta trade Ouellet yet. Does he trades Green's rights? Is he ready to part ways with Nyquist already? Tavares, Karlsson, Kovalchuck, Simmonds, and Panarin (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) are all possibly on the market. He's got a stockpile of draft picks if he wants to make trades.

The conditions seem right to me for a major shake up if he decides to go nuts

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really think Kenneth has something up his sleeve this year. Won't be mad if he doesn't make a big splash, I just get the slight feeling he's lacing up the steel toes for some epic tire kicking...

He's got like 17 million in cap space right now. He's gotta sign Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Bertuzzi yet. He's gotta trade Ouellet yet. Does he trades Green's rights? Is he ready to part ways with Nyquist already? Tavares, Karlsson, Kovalchuck, Simmonds, and Panarin (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) are all possibly on the market. He's got a stockpile of draft picks if he wants to make trades.

The conditions seem right to me for a major shake up if he decides to go nuts

I_want_to_believe.png

Red Wings NOT opposed to bringing Marty Frk back

So this article gives a better explanation of what is going with Frk.

The team is not opposed to bringing him back, however the team is opposed to submitting a qualifying offer on him. If we qualify him it will cost us $715,000. Cheap right? But the catch with qualifying him at this price is that he then gains arbitration rights... which he will likely exercise... and an arbitrator will likely award more than $715,000. The Wings would rather risk negotiating with him as a UFA and losing him to another team, than trust an arbitrator with the contract.

This is smart IMO. Seems Ken is playing closer to attention to keeping his players salaries under control. He would rather risk Frk walking than overpay him, which is good, Frk definitely ain't good enough to warrant any over-payment.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs