• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Rate this topic

So next year we could see at F:

Bert-Larkin-Mantha (BLM line)

Z-Z-Nyquist (Nyquist will help you get your ZZZZZs line)

Ras-Nielsen-Vanek (2 goats and a kid line)

Abby-Helm-Svech (HAS line)

Glendening/Wit

(I think AA and Frk are goners)

3 years from now:

Bert-Larkin-Zadina

Svech-Rass-Mantha

Pope-Veleno-Smith

Holmstrom-Turgeon-Abby

Berggren

vanek????? come on man

and im sure david pope is crying himself to sleep hes gonna have to be superb to crack this lineup if zadina,rasmussen,svechnikov and turgeon all make it 1-2 yrs from now 

id start trading glendening ,helm and the nielsens and stock pile more 2nd rounders but kenny loves his vets 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

vanek????? come on man

and im sure david pope is crying himself to sleep hes gonna have to be superb to crack this lineup if zadina,rasmussen,svechnikov and turgeon all make it 1-2 yrs from now 

id start trading glendening ,helm and the nielsens and stock pile more 2nd rounders but kenny loves his vets 

I’m fairly certain Zadina and Rasmussen will make this year’s lineup. I hope all 4 do and Kenny moves some contracts out.

2 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I’m fairly certain Zadina and Rasmussen will make this year’s lineup. I hope all 4 do and Kenny moves some contracts out.

same but i doubt it , he loves his vets too much ... turgeon should start up as 4th c and depending on how zadina performs he should as well , can see rasmussen starting down and svechnikov 

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

same but i doubt it , he loves his vets too much ... turgeon should start up as 4th c and depending on how zadina performs he should as well , can see rasmussen starting down and svechnikov 

Ras would have to go back to jrs and in my opinion that would be a waste of his time and development. He needs to be in the show. Ever since he came back from his wrist injury he was dominant in jrs and i feel that if he gets sent back it will be a wasted year in his development.

Edited by BinMucker94

1 hour ago, BinMucker94 said:

Ras would have to go back to jrs and in my opinion that would be a waste of his time and development. He needs to be in the show. Ever since he came back from his wrist injury he was dominant in jrs and i feel that if he gets sent back it will be a wasted year in his development.

Agree. There is no point sending him back to juniors. Ironic that this gives him an edge over Svech. Zadina is the real wild card. He is probably already ahead of Svech and right below if not even with Rass IMO.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

vanek????? come on man

Yes, Vanek. He's clearly better than Frk and the team could use another RH shot. He's not keeping any kid down that's NHL ready, so what's the harm?

NTC's

24 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agree. There is no point sending him back to juniors. Ironic that this gives him an edge over Svech. Zadina is the real wild card. He is probably already ahead of Svech and right below if not even with Rass IMO.

Yes, Vanek. He's clearly better than Frk and the team could use another RH shot. He's not keeping any kid down that's NHL ready, so what's the harm?

NTC's

Glendening will not be healthy scratched. So assuming there are no trades and everyone is healthy, yes he would be keeping a kid down that's NHL ready. 

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Glendening will not be healthy scratched. So assuming there are no trades and everyone is healthy, yes he would be keeping a kid down that's NHL ready. 

Not in my lineup. Where Frk isn't re-signed and AA is traded for Faulk.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So next year we could see at F:

Bert-Larkin-Mantha (BLM line)

Z-Z-Nyquist (Nyquist will help you get your ZZZZZs line)

Ras-Nielsen-Vanek (2 goats and a kid line)

Abby-Helm-Svech (HAS line)

Glendening/Wit

Unless I am forgetting someone. All of the NHL ready kids are in the lineup and so is Vanek.

20 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not in my lineup. Where Frk isn't re-signed and AA is traded for Faulk.

Unless I am forgetting someone. All of the NHL ready kids are in the lineup and so is Vanek.

Yes, but you still have Glendening healthy scratched, which I'd be completely fine with, but I don't see it happening...

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

NTC's

hes not clearly better than zadina,rasmussen or another kid  hes the last player we need , the only player id accept as a ufa would have been someone like kovalchuk .... only on a one year deal with high cap to pursuade him to come here so we can then trade them for a package of 1sts/2nds at the deadline , as we seen with vanek he has zero trade value so its a hard pass 

I feel like they will sign Vanek, which I wouldn't be oppsoed to, I have them trading Nyquist at some point this off-season too. To me it looks like this on October 4. 

39-71-11(Zadina)

27-40-59

26-51-77

43-41-8 

65-52 ( Hoping different 65, but wont)

2-25

55-83

32 (Hutton)

16 minutes ago, matt198913 said:

I feel like they will sign Vanek, which I wouldn't be oppsoed to, I have them trading Nyquist at some point this off-season too. To me it looks like this on October 4. 

If they had planned on trading Nyquist, it should have been on the draft floor. Otherwise, I'd rather keep him until the trade deadline. Also Nyquist >>> Vanek.

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

hes not clearly better than zadina,rasmussen or another kid  hes the last player we need , the only player id accept as a ufa would have been someone like kovalchuk .... only on a one year deal with high cap to pursuade him to come here so we can then trade them for a package of 1sts/2nds at the deadline , as we seen with vanek he has zero trade value so its a hard pass 

Never said he was. I have him on the 3rd line. Zadina and Rass are still getting their ice time even with Vanek on the team.

As for Svech...Vanek>Svech at this point in time.

Wait a minute. You are advocating for bringing in Kovy? He would play in the top 6 and push one of the kids down the ineup. I thought you had a problem with that? If Holland re-signed Vanek it would also be on a 1 or 2 year deal, just like you are saying for Kovy. And Vanek would be FAR cheaper. Your reasons for not wanting Vanek are actually made worse by signing Kovalchuk.

Not true.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-trade-forward-thomas-vanek-blue-jackets/

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/03/01/thomas-vanek-trade/98522768/

https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-trade-vanek-to-islanders-for-moulson-first-and-second-round-picks/c-689001

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

If they had planned on trading Nyquist, it should have been on the draft floor. Otherwise, I'd rather keep him until the trade deadline. Also Nyquist >>> Vanek.at being left handed.

Fixed. Seriously tho. You and I agree this team needs more RH shots. There is no one in the system forward wise to  fill that need. Even if you draft one next year, they are still a couple years away. Why not bring in Vanek on a reasonable 1 or 2 year deal to play RW and on the PP. It checks all of the boxes for me.

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Fixed. Seriously tho. You and I agree this team needs more RH shots. There is no one in the system forward wise to  fill that need. Even if you draft one next year, they are still a couple years away. Why not bring in Vanek on a reasonable 1 or 2 year deal to play RW and on the PP. It checks all of the boxes for me.

I guess the difference is, I want long term solutions to our right-handed forward deficiency. I don't care to sign aging vets to improve our offense or power-play for the short term. If Vanek were 24 years old, I'd be all for signing him or even trading for him. He's not. He's 34 and would be long gone before the rebuild is complete.

If we sign him, I don't see a scenario where all of Rasmussen, Zadina and Svechnikov are on the roster. And personally, I'd prefer all of them on the team over Vanek.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I guess the difference is, I want long term solutions to our right-handed forward deficiency. I don't care to sign aging vets to improve our offense or power-play for the short term. If Vanek were 24 years old, I'd be all for signing him or even trading for him. He's not. He's 34 and would be long gone before the rebuild is complete.

If we sign him, I don't see a scenario where all of Rasmussen, Zadina and Svechnikov are on the roster. And personally, I'd prefer all of them on the team over Vanek.

I am giving you Rass, Zadina, and Svech on the roster and a RH Vanek as 2 year stop gap/placeholder. I am literally giving you everything you want and it's still not good enough? Good lawd. You're so acting like a girl right now! 

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why? To win the Stanley Cup? 

Sounds like a pointless idea. 

But I bet Holland thinks we are playoff ready and sign him anyways. 

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I am giving you Rass, Zadina, and Svech on the roster and a RH Vanek as 2 year stop gap/placeholder. I am literally giving you everything you want and it's still not good enough? Good lawd. You're so acting like a girl right now! 

:lol:

You are giving me everything I want. Unfortunately Jeff Blashill would not give me everything I want. Not because "veteran bias" though, because reasons unexplained.

5 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Why? To win the Stanley Cup? 

Sounds like a pointless idea. 

But I bet Holland thinks we are playoff ready and sign him anyways. 

This. I want to believe Holland's mindset has changed and is now more focused on rebuilding / getting younger. He's already made some moves to support this. I just hope he doesn't revert back to his old ways and sign any 30+ year old UFA's... I don't think he will.