• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, CupCrazy22 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/jets-sign-wheeler-to-five-year-41-25m-extension-1.1167376

Very likely means the end to Trouba in Winnipeg.

Not so sure. As of now, they still have $27M in cap next season. I am sure Laine will get Eichel money, but they may very well still have enough room to sign Trouba. But you still may be right considering they have to sign or promote 12 players next off season. I would venture to say it is definitely the end for Tyler Meyers though. Unless they go with him instead of Trouba! Queue up the TDL Trouba rumors!

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Not so sure. As of now, they still have $27M in cap next season. I am sure Laine will get Eichel money, but they may very well still have enough room to sign Trouba. But you still may be right considering they have to sign or promote 12 players next off season. I would venture to say it is definitely the end for Tyler Meyers though. Unless they go with him instead of Trouba! Queue up the TDL Trouba rumors!

Yeah, I don't think it'd be terribly difficult to keep Trouba. Cheveldayoff would have a number of options, none of them painful.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to Trouba and what he truly wants. If he's happy where he is and he's willing to sign for market value, Cheveldayoff will make it work. If there's truth to the rumors that Trouba's a bit of a malcontent who thinks a little too highly of himself, he'll probably get moved.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, I don't think it'd be terribly difficult to keep Trouba. Cheveldayoff would have a number of options, none of them painful.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to Trouba and what he truly wants. If he's happy where he is and he's willing to sign for market value, Cheveldayoff will make it work. If there's truth to the rumors that Trouba's a bit of a malcontent who thinks a little too highly of himself, he'll probably get moved.

The only thing Trouba truly wants is to leave Winnipeg and go home to play for his childhood team, the Detroit Red Wings... obviously.

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

He wants my D.

In the D.

Aren't you in NYC?

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The only thing Trouba truly wants is to leave Winnipeg and go home to play for his childhood team, the Detroit Red Wings... obviously.

If Holland doesn't make a hard push for Trouba to come to the D... well... he can't get F'd.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:01 PM, Dabura said:

Jensen yes. Daley, no.

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Spot on. Myers is gone before Trouba. And no, hes not coming here.

6 hours ago, kickazz said:

He wants my D.

In the D.

Doesn't everyone? How does this make Trouba unique?

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Jensen yes. Daley, no.

Why would you trade Jensen and not Daley? They're pretty much equal offensively at this stage of their careers. I'd give the slight edge to Daley defensively. Jensen is 7 years younger and nearly $2.5M cheaper, and Daley would bring back more in a trade. I'd trade either (both), but considering all variables, if I had to choose one, I'd move Daley, clear up more cap space, and get more pieces back, while not hurting the team too much defensively.

We're going to need to clear up the logjam on defense over the next season or two. Kronwall will be done after this season, and at least one of Daley / Ericsson should be traded before the beginning of next season. Jensen can be moved as well, but I'd just assume keep him as a cheap, depth, veteran defenseman.

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why would you trade Jensen and not Daley? They're pretty much equal offensively at this stage of their careers. I'd give the slight edge to Daley defensively. Jensen is 7 years younger and nearly $2.5M cheaper, and Daley would bring back more in a trade. I'd trade either (both), but considering all variables, if I had to choose one, I'd move Daley, clear up more cap space, and get more pieces back, while not hurting the team too much defensively.

We're going to need to clear up the logjam on defense over the next season or two. Kronwall will be done after this season, and at least one of Daley / Ericsson should be traded before the beginning of next season. Jensen can be moved as well, but I'd just assume keep him as a cheap, depth, veteran defenseman.

I don't have a great read on Jensen, but I agree that his youth and cost is what makes him an asset over Daley at this point.  A playoff team would certainly take Daley off our hands in 2019-20 at the deadline.  That's the earliest I see him being moved, but I predict a contract extension --  2 years/ $3 million. 

2019-20 Offseason -- Kronwall is already retired. Green will have been traded at the deadline. Ericcson will not be re-signed.  Jensen is in the second year of his short, 2 or 3 year cap-friendly contract.  Daley extended 2 years.

This is my dream Ken Holland.  Follow my dreams.

...and just to clarify @krsmith17 when you say "logjam" you really mean crapjam.  Right?

Edited by e_prime

21 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I hate our blue line so much.

Yup.

It's really all that can be said.

I really don't see one single guy back there that I just have to keep.  We could trade 'em all out and bring in six new guys and I don't think I'd look twice.

Edited by e_prime

410472633_ScreenShot2018-09-05at2_35_14PM.png.cd40dbb1813ecb7970f8a6c060fba45b.png

BOY!  I SHURE HOPE SUM DEM ROOKIES IS GUD.

ALSO!  Trade some forwards (plus defensive chaff) for defensemen, Ken.  Do it.  Retain some salary. Do not include draft picks.  Just pieces for pieces.  PLEASE.

I DO NOT CARE JUST EFFN DO IT.

Edited by e_prime

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Because he is arguably the best overall D on the team, on a team with crappy D. Assuming there are 1 maybe 2 rookies on the blue line this season, why put them in a worse situation? Plus Daley is a solid 2 way dman on a good contract with a Stanley Cup pedigree. Exactly the kind of guy I want playing with the kids.

56 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because he is arguably the best overall D on the team, on a team with crappy D. Assuming there are 1 maybe 2 rookies on the blue line this season, why put them in a worse situation? Plus Daley is a solid 2 way dman on a good contract with a Stanley Cup pedigree. Exactly the kind of guy I want playing with the kids.

I may have exaggerated the demise of Kronwall at the expense of other poster's passions for the player for s&g's.  :boxing:  ...but much like Z, I think the writing is on the wall. 

Kronwall's time to mentor the kids is gone. 

In very short order our only defenseman with term will be Danny Dekeyser.  Green trade deadline move either this year or next.  Kronwall in the last year of his contract  -- likely to retire.  Jensen traded, re-signed, or moving on at the end of this year.  Ericsson and Daley contracts are up next year.

This is exactly why I think Daley gets an extension over anyone else in the 19-20 off season.  Over Green if he doesn't get moved. Certainly over Ericsson.  If he can stay healthy and has no considerable drop-off in games played and point production -- he's the vet I want.  I do think Jensen stays too.  I don't believe either of these guys are saving the team but they're not handicapping nor hurting the team either.  If it's Jensen and Daley (or Daley plus prospect) as our second pairing, with say... Trouba on the first pairing with Dekeyser... I'm a much happier man.

How do we get Trouba?

Hell!  Trade Mike Green to Winnipeg if he'll go.  Green will have a better chance for a cup with th' Peg than here in Detroit.  The Jets get out from under the pressure of re-signing disgruntled Trouba and they have an additional year of Green so their Cup window stays open just that much longer.  Green gets paid slightly less than either Trouba or Meyers and maybe we retain some Green salary?  The Jets can then figure out what to do with Tyler Meyers 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm thinking there's a decent-to-good chance he gets moved this season, tbh.

45 minutes ago, e_prime said:

How do we get Trouba?

Hell!  Trade Mike Green to Winnipeg if he'll go.  Green will have a better chance for a cup with th' Peg than here in Detroit.  The Jets get out from under the pressure of re-signing disgruntled Trouba and they have an additional year of Green so their Cup window stays open just that much longer.  Green gets paid slightly less than either Trouba or Meyers and maybe we retain some Green salary?  The Jets can then figure out what to do with Tyler Meyers 

Unless Trouba demands to be traded to Detroit, I don't think we have a shot at landing him.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Unless Trouba demands to be traded to Detroit, I don't think we have a shot at landing him.

The chance of landing him are about as good as you winning a fight against a certain pink fat ass tbh.