• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, kylee said:

Max pacioretty traded to VGK for Tomas Tatar and others 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1601935/amp

Tatar is on Montreal! Wow! That's shocking, after his playoff run (or lack there of) I thought LV was going to be stuck with that contract for years to come. Why the hell would Montreal make that deal? Trading a star away and taking on a bad contract, and getting a 2nd rounder (likely in the 50-60 range) doesnt make sense unless Suzuki is the real deal.

Is Nick Suzuki anything special? I feel like this is a guy @LeftWinger used to talk about alot prior to his draft. 

1 hour ago, Bolgar said:

So Vegas gave 1st, two 2nd and 3rd picks + prospect for 1 year of Pacioretty. Great management (not).

…and yet they still have all their own 2019 picks aside from the seventh round + a Preds AND Jets 3rd rounder, and a MTL 5th rounder. …They seem pretty okay with the picks.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

Tatar is on Montreal! Wow! That's shocking, after his playoff run (or lack there of) I thought LV was going to be stuck with that contract for years to come. Why the hell would Montreal make that deal? Trading a star away and taking on a bad contract, and getting a 2nd rounder (likely in the 50-60 range) doesnt make sense unless Suzuki is the real deal.

Is Nick Suzuki anything special? I feel like this is a guy @LeftWinger used to talk about alot prior to his draft. 

Tatar is on Montreal and destined to light the lamp whenever he faces the Wings.

Because as @Bolgar said, "Great management (not)."

Patches was gone from Montreal.  That was obvious.  It'll be interesting to see if LVG can re-sign him.  Also, how bad is this for Montreal.  PK gone. Pacioretty gone. Two faces of that franchise.  Who's next Carey Price? 

4 hours ago, kliq said:

I've never been a big Tatar fan, but he's obviously not as bad as he appeared to be in his short stint in Vegas. I'm sure he would revert back to a regular middle six, 40-50 point winger, regardless if he stayed in Vegas or was shipped off to another team. I don't think Tatar's contract is terrible, but I'm glad it's no longer on our books...

I think this trade is a lot worse from Vegas' perspective. They basically gave up a 1st, two 2nd's, a 3rd, Suzuki (highly touted prospect) and Tatar (middle six winger) for potentially one season of Pacioretty (top six winger)...

I think Suzuki has the potential to be a solid top six center / winger. He has high end skill, and just put up 100 points in 64 games with Owen Sound. Time will tell if his game will translate to the pro game.

3 hours ago, Bolgar said:

So Vegas gave 1st, two 2nd and 3rd picks + prospect for 1 year of Pacioretty. Great management (not).

Exactly my first thought as well.

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

…and yet they still have all their own 2019 picks aside from the seventh round + a Preds AND Jets 3rd rounder, and a MTL 5th rounder. …They seem pretty okay with the picks.

Tatar is on Montreal and destined to light the lamp whenever he faces the Wings.

Because as @Bolgar said, "Great management (not)."

Patches was gone from Montreal.  That was obvious.  It'll be interesting to see if LVG can re-sign him.  Also, how bad is this for Montreal.  PK gone. Pacioretty gone. Two faces of that franchise.  Who's next Carey Price? 

That doesn't make it okay to trade away picks all willy-nilly though...

I think Bergevin would be smart to trade Price. That is if any team would even give up the pieces to get him. $10.5M for another 8 seasons (39 years old)... I wouldn't want that contract for a goaltender...

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I think it was a good deal. Suzuki is good, real good actually, but will that translate to the NHL, we will see. At least they got something for Patch.

I agree. A rare reasonably good trade by Bergevin. Of course it all depends on how Suzuki develops and how that 2019 2nd rounder pans out, but overall, not a bad haul for Montreal in my opinion.

This is a pretty good deal for Montreal, I think. They now have Kotkaniemi and Suzuki as a theoretical future 1-2 punch at center, and they're probably picking in the top-5 again next year, and they have two 2nds next year. Bergevin did...a good?

Tatar is going to fill our net with pucks and Zadina is going to fill their net with pucks and maybe Wings-Habs games will actually be fun this season, before Tatar gets flipped for more picks.

Edited by Dabura

25 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This is a pretty good deal for Montreal, I think. They now have Kotkaniemi and Suzuki as a theoretical future 1-2 punch down at center, and they're probably picking in the top-5 again next year, and they have two 2nds next year. Bergevin did...a good?

Tatar is going to fill our net with pucks and Zadina is going to fill their net with pucks and maybe Wings-Habs games will actually be fun this season, before Tatar gets flipped for more picks.

F*** that noise. Tatar sucks, and last I checked we still shutdown extraordinare, Jonathan Ericsson...

to be noted that the 2nd rounder received by Montreal was one that Vegas got from Columbus along with the 1st round pick they used to draft Suzuki. So basically, in the end, this was a 5 team trade between Us, Vegas, CBJ, NYI and Montreal.

Detroit gets: Joseph Veleno, 2019 2nd Round (previously owned by NYI) and 2021 3rd round pick

LV gets: David Clarkston (from CBJ) Mikael Grabovski, 2017 1st rounder (Brannstrom) Jake Bishoff (from NYI) and Pacioretty.

Montreal gets: Tatar, 2019 2nd (via CBJ) and Suzuki

Columbus got Expansion draft considerations as did NYI.

Would you have traded an equivalent package to Montreal for Patches provided we could work out an extension.

Edited by LeftWinger

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

to be noted that the 2nd rounder received by Montreal was one that Vegas got from Columbus along with the 1st round pick they used to draft Suzuki. So basically, in the end, this was a 5 team trade between Us, Vegas, CBJ, NYI and Montreal.

Detroit gets: Joseph Veleno, 2019 2nd Round (previously owned by NYI) and 2021 3rd round pick

LV gets: David Clarkston (from CBJ) Mikael Grabovski, 2017 1st rounder (Brannstrom) Jake Bishoff (from NYI) and Pacioretty.

Montreal gets: Tatar, 2019 2nd (via CBJ) and Suzuki

Columbus got Expansion draft considerations as did NYI.

Would you have traded an equivalent package to Montreal for Patches provided we could work out an extension.

No. He's 29 years old. I see Mantha as a similar style player as Pacioretty (hopefully he can produce at a similar clip). Any players we acquire via trade should be within the age of the rest of our young core (19-24 years old).

Just for the record, I also like this deal from Vegas's perspective. It's a steep price to pay for a non-sign-and-trade (unless Pacioretty signs an extension soon), but I want to see Vegas succeed and I've always felt Pacioretty is underappreciated. I really hope this works out for Vegas and for Pacioretty and I think there's a good chance it will.

Someone's probably brought this up already, but...does this take the Knights out of the running for Erik Karlsson? Or, does it at least hurt their chances? Probably not, but I guess we'll see what we see.

Big trade! Season's almost here! Happenings! HYPE!

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

P.S. Remember: The Knights also signed Stastny. So their top six is looking pretty darn sexy right now. If they can add a legit top-pairing defenseman like, I dunno, TREVOR DALEY, then the Cup is as good as theirs. :innocent:

They'll need to start well and not having Schmidt for the first 20 games really sucks for them. 

23 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Just for the record, I also like this deal from Vegas's perspective. It's a steep price to pay for a non-sign-and-trade (unless Pacioretty signs an extension soon), but I want to see Vegas succeed and I've always felt Pacioretty is underappreciated. I really hope this works out for Vegas and for Pacioretty and I think there's a good chance it will.

Someone's probably brought this up already, but...does this take the Knights out of the running for Erik Karlsson? Or, does it at least hurt their chances? Probably not, but I guess we'll see what we see.

Big trade! Season's almost here! Happenings! HYPE!

Looking at this trade alone, it doesn't look too bad from Vegas' perspective, but the whole Tatar situation (Holland fleecing McPhee) just makes it look awful. They massively overpaid for a player, and then without giving him much of an opportunity, shipped him out (retaining $500K), along with a prospect and pick, for a player that will essentially replace James Neal...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Looking at this trade alone, it doesn't look too bad from Vegas' perspective, but the whole Tatar situation (Holland fleecing McPhee) just makes it look awful. They massively overpaid for a player, and then without giving him much of an opportunity, shipped him out (retaining $500K), along with a prospect and pick, for a player that will essentially replace James Neal...

Agreed. From that perspective, it's kinda ugly. But it seems they want the Cup, so, in the context of a Cup push, getting a guy like Pacioretty is huge. (Though, I'll like it a whole lot more if Pacioretty signs a reasonable extension.)

For the record: I think Pacioretty > Neal.

Edited by Dabura

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Agreed. From that perspective, it's kinda ugly. But it seems they want the Cup, so, in the context of a Cup push, getting a guy like Pacioretty is huge. (Though, I'll like it a whole lot more if Pacioretty signs a reasonable extension.)

For the record: I think Pacioretty > Neal.

I want to say that Vegas will regress (a lot) this season, but I refuse to bet against them after the insane run they went on last season...

I agree that Pacioretty is better than Neal, but not by much in my opinion. Very similar style players though.

Well, with LV's run to the Cup Final last season, they are pretty much in a "win now" situation, which sounds weird when talking about a 2nd year team, but they upgraded from Tatar to Pacioretty, and felt the could afford to sell off Suzuki.

Heck, if they are in a win now spot, I'll send them Daley for, hmmmm, I dunno, Hague! :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist!

But heck, they still haven't signed Theodore...wonder if they want a "win now" player for him? I'd send them Daley and Nyquist!

If Holland was able to pull off Daley and Nyquist for Theodore, I'd extend Holland to a life-time contract!

Edited by LeftWinger