krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Datsyukian

Let's not get carried away now.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Jurco?

Younger, better, not yet over-ripened.. so, brighter future ahead.

Edited by e_prime

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nielsen, Abdelkader, Nyquist, Helm.  These guys have to go before the younger guys can play.

Soooo... anyone not named Larkin or Z that's making over $3.5 million?  Is that the common denominator?

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Zs gone.

Trade DeKeyser, Nyquist, Cholowski, Svechnikov, 2019 1st, and 2020 2nd for Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan.

Trade Nielsen, Helm, and Abdelkader for 2nd or 3rd Round picks.

Acquire Stone in free agency.

Stone - Larkin - Zadina

Ryan - Athanasiou - Mantha

Frk - Rasmussen - Bertuzzi

Glendening - Veleno - Berggren

Turgeon / Smith

Karlsson - McIsaac

Hronek - Sulak

Saarijarvi - Hicketts

Lindstrom

Larsson

Petruzzelli

Worse than Edmonton’s shyte roster years ago.

Need at least 2-3 more vets on there and it’s fine. Green, Nielsen and one of Abdelkader or Helm.

33 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

That's just my 2019 roster.  Understand that by 2020, only 4 of those forwards won't be considered vets.  I think you might be still under the Ken Holland purple haze where he thinks the 35 year old vets of today are as good as Yzerman, Larionov, Fetisov, Shanahan, Hull, and Robitaille at 35.

No vets = crack cocaine

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Zs gone.

Trade DeKeyser, Nyquist, Cholowski, Svechnikov, 2019 1st, and 2020 2nd for Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan.

Stone - Larkin - Zadina

Turgeon / Smith

Karlsson - McIsaac

Hronek - Sulak

Saarijarvi - Hicketts

Lindstrom

Larsson

Petruzzelli

work-drugs-are-bad-mkay-ments-4129539.pn

56 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

That's just my 2019 roster.  Understand that by 2020, only 4 of those forwards won't be considered vets.  I think you might be still under the Ken Holland purple haze where he thinks the 35 year old vets of today are as good as Yzerman, Larionov, Fetisov, Shanahan, Hull, and Robitaille at 35.

22 minutes ago, kickazz said:

No vets = crack cocaine

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

work-drugs-are-bad-mkay-ments-4129539.pn

The "noise, noise, noise" is all I hear when Jonas talks.

...and to give up that much for Karlsson and Bobby Ryan is just dumb.  Let Karlsson hit free agency and grab him up without that anchor of Ryan in tow. 

Edited by e_prime
I still can't embed stuff properly

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You do not trade the 2019 1st. Period. Especially for a UFA rental and a highly overpaid Bobby Ryan. Let alone the package you're dealing away.

In Jonas’ world you give up a 1st round and your balls if you can land Ryan.

Edited by kickazz

22 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nielsen, Abdelkader, Nyquist, Helm.  These guys have to go before the younger guys can play.

12 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Zs gone.

Stone - Larkin - Zadina

Turgeon / Smith

Karlsson - McIsaac

Hronek - Sulak

Saarijarvi - Hicketts

Lindstrom

Larsson

Petruzzelli

So ur advocating trading away Nielsen's 5.25 for 4 yrs, Abby's 4.25 for 5, Helm's 3.85 for 3, and Dekeyser's  5 for 4 because they're overpaid albatross contracts, but you then want to acquire Bobby Ryan's 7.25 mil cap hit for the next 4 years?

14 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Swap the picks, 2019 2nd and 2020 1st, and maybe we'll have the makings of a deal.

Nah.  I'm not entertaining any deal for Karlsson/Ryan that straight up involves GIVING them 1st or second round picks in the deal. Maybe, just maybe if it's a sign and trade.  I'd consider swapping some picks depending on who we're sending along in the deal.  ...but that benefits us anyway cuz the Sens gonna suck.  I'm also unloading an albatross contract like Helm or Abdelkader and even entertain sending Dekeyser.  The Sens are gonna need players under contract because they're not gonna be able to sign anyone with their ownership and player personnel woes.  I'm not giving them Cholo or Svech.  

I don't how we entertain anything that truly benefits the Sens.  Not when Karlsson is destined to hit the market WITHOUT Bobby Ryan tied to his previously injured Achilles.

Edited by e_prime

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

Nah.  I'm not entertaining any deal for Karlsson/Ryan that straight up involves GIVING them 1st or second round picks in the deal. Maybe, just maybe if it's a sign and trade.  I'd consider swapping some picks depending on who we're sending along in the deal.  ...but that benefits us anyway cuz the Sens gonna suck.  I'm also unloading an albatross contract like Helm or Abdelkader and even entertain sending Dekeyser.  The Sens are gonna need players under contract because they're not gonna be able to sign anyone with their ownership and player personnel woes.  I'm not giving them Cholo or Svech.  

I don't how we entertain anything that truly benefits the Sens.  Not when Karlsson is destined to hit the market WITHOUT Bobby Ryan tied to his previously injured Achilles.

Pretty much where I'm at.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:08 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

I don't WANT to, but I do realize that Ottawa is not our farm team affiliate.  We can't just pick and choose the pieces we want from them.  If we want Karlsson, we are going to have to give up our first next year, a few good prospects, and take on Ryan's contract.  And obviously we aren't trading for Karlsson without an extension sign and trade deal in place = he wants to be in Detroit.

Fair enough. But I am actually with Lefty on this one (can't believe I am saying that). Karlsson is just not enough for we to be willing to give up a high 1st and taking back that kind of cap hit. I just don't think it's a good long term plan. Can you imagine giving up our first (which tuns out to be #1 overall), taking on a 7.25 cap hit for the next 5 years, and then Karlsson doesn't resign? Too big a risk for this team. Would rather take my chances with him in free agency.

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

Why? If all he wants to do is win then true contenders won’t have 10-12M in cap to sign him. Red Wings can actually pay him

If Don Z commands it...EK will obey.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If Karlsson "hits the market",  Detroit has zero chance.  

So, what you're saying is, if The Wings trade for him, they have zero chance of re-signing him.

And before you say sign and trade, guarantee Karlsson will have a clause to which he gives Ottawa a list of teams. So, if you're saying Detroit has zero chance at him as a UFA, then we surely will not be on his approved list.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I am saying we only trade for him if he signs the 8 year extension.  No way we are renting him for 1 year.

But if he wouldn't want to come here via UFA, then there is no way we'd  make a list of approved teams to be traded to. You can pretty much guarantee that whatever extension he signed would have a clause in it so he can control where he doesn't go. If we have zero chance to sign him UFA, then why would we be a place he'd allow a trade to?