• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I remember getting laughed at when I speculated about us getting Karlsson for "picks + expendable pieces", nothing relevant. Well...turns out, even conditional picks could do it. :eh:

They did also get a first and second on top of the prospects and two conditional picks. 

Edited by amato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, e_prime said:

Really, really, really good.

They really, really, really, really want a cup THIS YEAR.

Also, it really, really, really, really really seems like Karlsson will be a free agent.  Without diving in too deep. Those terms around the conditional picks would mean a WHOLE lotta work has to get done before you can work out an extension for Karlsson and not screw your draft plan for a second.  

Couldn’t think of any better first move for general manager Steve Yzerman :innocent:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

https://theathletic.com/522117/2018/09/13/islanders-goalie-robin-lehner-opens-up-about-his-addiction-and-bipolar-diagnosis-i-could-not-stand-being-alone-in-my-brain/

Interesting read from Islander's G Robin Lehner regarding issues he's been having. Cool of him to share his story and get it out there, wishing him all the best. 

Well that sorta explains the neck tattoo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

https://theathletic.com/522117/2018/09/13/islanders-goalie-robin-lehner-opens-up-about-his-addiction-and-bipolar-diagnosis-i-could-not-stand-being-alone-in-my-brain/

Interesting read from Islander's G Robin Lehner regarding issues he's been having. Cool of him to share his story and get it out there, wishing him all the best. 

I had an important question about this article that I meant to ask earlier. 

In America, how many beer in a case? 24? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I had an important question about this article that I meant to ask earlier. 

In America, how many beer in a case? 24? 

Yes.  24.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I remember getting laughed at when I speculated about us getting Karlsson for "picks + expendable pieces", nothing relevant. Well...turns out, even conditional picks could do it. :eh:

I'm sure you're aware, but for those playing at home...  Sens aren't trading EK to an Eastern Conference team for picks and expendable pieces.  That's made clear by the conditional "don't trade him East" pick.

San Jose gave up their 3C, 6D, and two top ten prospects -- rankings vary by site/scout/etc -- but most consider both of these prospects top ten in their current depth chart.  (Not that I'm some sort of Sharks Prospect Expert.  I barely know our own prospects.  I watched the Prospects Tourney for the first time ever this year and plan to pay A LOT more attention to these guys.) 

But let's say for S&Gs that we could get EK for the same price that the Sens got him... What are the comparable pieces from the Wings that would have to go to the Sens?   Athanasiou, Jensen, Rasmussen, Svech/Bergerren. (??)  Plus a first and a second. 

Without even considering what the price and penalty for re-signing him, would you do that? 

Not me.  This rebuilding team can't afford to give up the picks nor can they afford to give up ANY of these players or prospects.  (Okay, maybe Jensen.)

Edited by e_prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So Lehner was basically drinking 24 beer a night? + sleeping pills? That can't be true.  

Yeah.  I dunno.  12 packs of beer are pretty commonplace too.  So, maybe it was 12+.  ...but you can get a 30 pack of Lebatt Blue  for the price of a 12 pack of something "better".  Guess it depends on his tastes and such.

I'm sure a case isn't out of the realm of possibility.  Maybe not EVERY night.  ...but regularly.  Sure.  I can see it.    Couple of months ago when I wasn't in such a great place I was putting back 4-6 beers or a combo of a few beers plus a cocktail or two nightly.  Thankfully, my ship has righted, but... I can see how it could get to a place that was much much worse.

It sucks that depression has such as stigma attached to it.  It sucks that you're just supposed to "figure things out" or "move on" or "man-up."  I know I'm a huge smart ass on here a lot but if anyone ever just needs an ear.  I will listen.

Edited by e_prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, e_prime said:

Yeah.  I dunno.  12 packs of beer are pretty commonplace too.  So, maybe it was 12+.  ...but you can get a 30 pack of Lebatt Blue  for the price of a 12 pack of something "better".  Guess it depends on his tastes and such.

I'm sure a case isn't out of the realm of possibility.  Maybe not EVERY night.  ...but regularly.  Sure.  I can see it.    Couple of months ago when I wasn't in such a great place I was putting back 4-6 beers or a combo of a few beers plus a cocktail or two nightly.  Thankfully, my ship has righted, but... I can see how it could get to a place that was much much worse.

It sucks that depression has such as stigma attached to it.  It sucks that you're just supposed to "figure things out" or "move on" or "man-up."  I know I'm a huge smart ass on here a lot but if anyone ever just needs an ear.  I will listen.

Tolerance is a crazy thing. I drink often, but 12 beers would pretty much put me down. But I used to know this lil hispanic guy back in the mitten who would throw back 24 bud lights and a fifth of vodka everyday. Was both impressive and sad to watch.

Lehner has a unique and interesting personality. Always liked that about him. Hope he can learn to appreciate it and live with it in a healthy way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tolerance is a crazy thing. I drink often, but 12 beers would pretty much put me down. But I used to know this lil hispanic guy back in the mitten who would throw back 24 bud lights and a fifth of vodka everyday. Was both impressive and sad to watch.

Lehner has a unique and interesting personality. Always liked that about him. Hope he can learn to appreciate it and live with it in a healthy way.

As the tolerance builds then numbers go higher and he could have spaced them out a bit also. 3 beers per hour say 4 hours thats a 12 pack. Basically a beer every 20 min or so and perhaps with his depressive state he drank quicker and therefore the numbers increased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 9:41 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

So Lehner was basically drinking 24 beer a night? + sleeping pills? That can't be true.  

Yes, very possible especially for an athlete with high metabolic rates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dabura said:

Ahahahah. Cute. FML SMH etc etc

Yeah, I can't wait to watch a team try and grind out enough 2-1 wins to screw themselves out of a top 10 pick when getting more elite skill (through the top of the draft) should be the only thing they are focused on. 

Also, be prepared to see 15 -17 minutes of Glendenning. 

Also, be prepared to see Abdlekader and Helm in middle 6 roles instead of being on the 4th line where they belong.

was excited for this season to start...........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 1:05 PM, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I remember getting laughed at when I speculated about us getting Karlsson for "picks + expendable pieces", nothing relevant. Well...turns out, even conditional picks could do it. :eh:

I don't know if I laughed at you, but I definitely thought Karlsson would get a better return.  The picks Ottawa gets are going to be so far back, they won't make an impact.   The players they got back are a joke.  San Jose absolutely robbed Ottawa in this deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 8:41 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

So Lehner was basically drinking 24 beer a night? + sleeping pills? That can't be true.  

Much better option IMHO...

ci-buffalo-trace-bourbon-5c461decbc52875

Since Buffalo Trace is tough to find - this is a good alternative...

evan-williams-single-barrel-vintage-bour

13 hours ago, Dabura said:

Where do guys like Nyquist fit in?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

It's about time. Maybe the team will surprise everyone this year.

"60 minutes of hell"

This is how I will describe the act of watching the Wings play this year. 

I'll be needing some of this.....

11 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Much better option IMHO...

ci-buffalo-trace-bourbon-5c461decbc52875

Since Buffalo Trace is tough to find - this is a good alternative...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But I thought, according to Kyle "Doogie Howser" Dubas, that it was going to be "no problem" to get Tavares, Mathews, Nylander, and Marner and 18 other guys all under the cap? 

:lol:

Looks like he's gonna have his work cut out for the 2019/2020 season...

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/mapleleafs

The humor of it all is that this team just might disintegrate faster than the Blackhawks without winning 1 Cup.

 

Edited by F.Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now